Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

4xpipcounter

ARV, it is not too often when the default parameters of an indicator are the best (JMO). In this case, 9.26,52 is what I use. Others in this forum might have different ideas, but that is what I have used for almost 4 years.
It is generally acknowledged that 28 candles is the circa amount for a complete cycle. Some markets' complete cyclical range is a little less and others a little more. Therefore, the ichimoku is also a precursor for future events.
I'll post a chart to give a conceptual idea of what I am talking about.

4xp, what parameters do you use 9-26-25 ?

4xpipcounter

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The accompanied chart is of the USD/CHF. The first group of candles is a quantity of 28, and the 2nd group is 24. Both of those runs are the time it took to go from one peak to the next. You'll get a facsimile of the same count if you go from dip to dip.
There are many ichimoku goodies on here that I love:
1. The original dip took 18 candles to get there, which is over half way through the whole cycle. It warns of a reversal. The thing that alerts the trader of a reversal in using ichimoku is how low the candles has sunk under the cloud. With the knowledge of cycles, replete with the complete balance that the ichimoku presents. It tells us we are getting ready to turn around.
2. The 28th candle on the 1st group hit the bottom of the cloud. It's a no-brainer. It's ready to reverse. I posted that reversal in my thread when it happened.
3. The reversal was the same thing. It was the 17 candle that reversed deep under the cloud, even though that signal was not as obvious as the previous, because the cloud was bearish in the future.

Let's look in the crystal ball. (Many say they don't have one, but it should be your methodology.) One of 2 things will happen. The dip will be challenged at .9300. From there, we will get a strong reversal, or the DOWN will just keep going. The cloud is not longer bearish, so it is favorable to get another reversal at circa .9300. If we don't get one, then the market will go sideways long enough for the cloud to catch up, so it does not sink too far under it.

It might be a unique perspective, but I unabashedly am asking you to copy this post, then follow the price action. The beautiful thing about the ichimoku cloud is that it is not just a 5-in-1 indicator, but has various ways of using it, which are all accurate.

Rkji

hi 4xpipcounter

thank your for your valuable input & taking the time out to go through my postings in the thread.

i have a very busy schdule guys due to which not able to post in this thread but i intend to continue in first week of march.

4xpip, the buy horizontal line on the chart was drawn using 4 hr chart & rest you can figure out but that wasn't a signal to buy thinking of ichimoku condition displayed presently on chart :)

keep the thread alive & do post your trades regularly & i shall join in first week of march.

regards
rishi

Rishi,
I know you were looking to go long at 1.5600, ...as we as the others around could have supported a much more optimum entry for you on the long.

4xpipcounter

Sanjoy, we have the same settings. What a lot of people are not aware of is that it will change based on the time your day starts. My day starts at 11:00 PM GMT, which is also 1 hour into the actual business day.
The posted chart is my demo account because the settings are more accurate based on the times setting. My live account shows a different picture, because the day starts at 5:00 AM GMT.
Our hourly charts on down will be identical, but if we are not starting the day the same time, then everything else will be different.

4XP,

Need to get some clarity on your Ichi settings. I am using 9,26,52 i.e. the default settings. With reference to the the EU chart that you posted on your blog, I see that the last 10 candles are within Kumo

http://img824.imageshack.us/i/88781206.gif/

but in my chart they are outside of the Kumo

http://img830.imageshack.us/i/17570191.jpg/

please clarify.

Warm Regards,
Sanjoy

The accompanied chart is of the USD/CHF. The first group of candles is a quantity of 28, and the 2nd group is 24. Both of those runs are the time it took to go from one peak to the next. You'll get a facsimile of the same count if you go from dip to dip.
There are many ichimoku goodies on here that I love:
1. The original dip took 18 candles to get there, which is over half way through the whole cycle. It warns of a reversal. The thing that alerts the trader of a reversal in using ichimoku is how low the candles has sunk under the cloud. With the knowledge of cycles, replete with the complete balance that the ichimoku presents. It tells us we are getting ready to turn around.
2. The 28th candle on the 1st group hit the bottom of the cloud. It's a no-brainer. It's ready to reverse. I posted that reversal in my thread when it happened.
3. The reversal was the same thing. It was the 17 candle that reversed deep under the cloud, even though that signal was not as obvious as the previous, because the cloud was bearish in the future.

Let's look in the crystal ball. (Many say they don't have one, but it should be your methodology.) One of 2 things will happen. The dip will be challenged at .9300. From there, we will get a strong reversal, or the DOWN will just keep going. The cloud is not longer bearish, so it is favorable to get another reversal at circa .9300. If we don't get one, then the market will go sideways long enough for the cloud to catch up, so it does not sink too far under it.

It might be a unique perspective, but I unabashedly am asking you to copy this post, then follow the price action. The beautiful thing about the ichimoku cloud is that it is not just a 5-in-1 indicator, but has various ways of using it, which are all accurate.
thank you 4 xp for the chart and explanations.
i have been using ichimoku for over 2 yrs now .but ignored the cloud or was looking at it it as usual S/R lines.thanks again for giving insight into the cloud dynamics.

4xpipcounter

ARV, to me, there is a special thrill in observing the ichimoku cloud, and all its components. For me, it even transcends the winning trades the cloud avails me. Such as the example was with the USD/CHF, it is wonderful to be able to say, "This is where it is headed, and in the next 2 days there will be a strong reversal."
The thing I emphasize when my blog readers write to me about certain aspects of trading is that patience is needed. It took a little over 2 days for it to make its move, yet, the bottom of the cloud was hit at .9784 with only a 6-pip spike into it. It can seem like an eternity when you are waiting for it to move, particularly when it hits the cloud, then the trade goes 123 pips in your favor, gives it all back, and then takes off again.

thank you 4 xp for the chart and explanations.
i have been using ichimoku for over 2 yrs now .but ignored the cloud or was looking at it it as usual S/R lines.thanks again for giving insight into the cloud dynamics.

Sanjoy, we have the same settings. What a lot of people are not aware of is that it will change based on the time your day starts. My day starts at 11:00 PM GMT, which is also 1 hour into the actual business day.
The posted chart is my demo account because the settings are more accurate based on the times setting. My live account shows a different picture, because the day starts at 5:00 AM GMT.
Our hourly charts on down will be identical, but if we are not starting the day the same time, then everything else will be different.
Oops. My Bad. How did I miss that angle of the market.

Thanks.
Sanjoy

Rkji

hi guys

as per post # 75 of my thread, i had written i would complete one yr in forex demo on feb 2011, but i have been away from ichi / forex since sometime now & i need to retain consistency so i have decided i will go live after another 6 months.

meanwhile, i have installed oanda platform & i will hopefully go live with them so all the more important to test drive their mt4.

kindly help in keeping this thread clean as tired of requesting moderators to delete some of the unwanted posts.

i would encourage everyone to learn ichimoku first & post charts, at the same time i would appreciate existing users of ichi to throw light on our trades.

let' s communicate with charts more than our words from this post onwards unless some trade related feedback is required xx

regards
rishi

Rkji

* seems like a long wait ahead but pair trending
* eurusd & gbpusd look sideways

- not able to view the imageshack pic, link is visible while editing !!!

tf : 15 mins
ichi : 7,22,44

Last edited: