Incisive Nifty Trend Analysis

Option.Trader

Weekly update:

Global Update- Markets worldwide came under intense selling pressure and recouped some of their losses towards the end of the week. The only market which has clearly shown signs of trend reversal has been the Hang Seng index. Hang Seng should see some relief rally next week before beginning its downward journey again. This market is surely ahead in its correction and other markets are expected to follow this trend in the near term. As far as US markets are concerned, movement remains quite choppy and participation remains extremely low and CBOE VIX has surged quite a bit from its lows. I expect US markets to remain under pressure in the near term and some clarity should emerge in the next couple of weeks.

Coming to our markets. Nifty has shown first signs of a break down this week and will continue to remain weak until it trades below 5400 from here on. In my last week's update I indicated about the importance in watching DII selling closely for a trend reversal. We are almost at the point of a major trend reversal, I say almost because we need some more clarity to figure out whether this is a trend reversal or a correction. Broad movement of Nifty I see in the next few months would be a retest of 5032 and then bouncing back to test 5300, giving a feeling that we are in a bull market without doubt and 5000 would be the base for the next decade, only to come crashing down on extremely high volumes thereafter to breach 5000 and break through all the moving averages and trendlines creating panic selling and taking out all the stoplosses and head much much lower. This remains the high probability according to me out of my experience of over a decade in the market ( sometimes market does its own thing ). Let us see!

EUR/USD- This currency pair hit a multi-week high on Friday, pulling some herd in its direction. I see a major trend reversal happening in the next few weeks, as it is quite close to its top.

Have a good weekend!
Looks like you are a fan of Elliot waves.What I gather from my friend is that it needs to come near the 2008 lows to complete the C wave before it resumes its journey upwards.. interesting to see as i believe @ 4500 levels massive buying would come until a freak trade takes that out and then there is mayhem all the way till 3600

Stock trendy

Every trader has individual physiology to trade and perceive idea on market..that is why we all differ from each other's point of view.
A successful and a Professional trader sharpen their skills over the time as per individual ability and Understanding earlier mistakes not to repeat again. TA helps a lot in trading success but people dependent too much on it.. invariably loose money... reason can be their belief that their TA never go wrong
If any one want be a above average trader ..
1. Take it seriously as business
2. as in all business trading do require skill
3. The skills to be developed by every individual trader by spending as much time possible
4. Do not barrow knowledge to trade
5. learning through books or by a known guide (a reliable person who is not for money)
6.Market always surprises with it's next move be prepared for the UNKNOWN RESULT define your losses and say yes this it for me (profit)
7.Money management is key to success..protect your capital.. start your early trading days with very very less quantity.. market will be there always ..hold your patience till you are through with your technical skill and balancing your art of controlling emotions .

below are some important points to take note of..
1. Anything can happen.
2. You don't need to know what is going to happen next in order to make money.
3. There is a random distribution between wins and losses for any given set of variables that define an edge.
4. An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing happening over another.
5. Eveiy moment in the market is unique.
variables means signals from your technical indicator

Last edited:

prada

Good afternoon Nanda! Overall Banknifty does not look good and I've been bearish on this sector for a while. If there is a deep correction banknifty will sink quite deep and Yes bank will be no exception. My advise would be to book profits and sit on cash , to pick up fundamentally strong stocks at much lower levels. As far as Yes bank is concerned, it should nudge lower to 280 levels in the medium term. On the way down, it has decent support at 305 level.

If possible pl give your opinion on Yes Bank.

Last edited:

Anillal

Good afternoon Nanda! Overall Banknifty does not look good and I've been bearish on this sector for a while. If there is a deep correction banknifty will sink quite deep and Yes bank will be no exception. My advise would be to book profits and sit on cash , to pick up fundamentally strong stocks at much lower levels. As far as Yes bank is concerned, it should nudge lower to 280 levels in the medium term. On the way down, it has decent support at 305 level.
yes at this rate of falling 285 is due. Even a little below. 295-303 support was made in hurry so I will not be so sure of its holding power . However it being yesbank one never knows what may happen. It can go to 342 in a day because FA wise it is one of the best B2B bank in the world in its class.

@stock trendy
Hello sir. It looks like you are very much interested in quotes. I have seen a section or thread I don't rememeber called words of wisdom. Please use that space as this thread is on different topic. Thank you.

Last edited:

Stock trendy

Sensex (17,429.5)

A look at the monthly chart of the Sensex is necessary to show us where we are from a long-term perspective. The index is shackled in a wide-trading band between 15,500 and 18,500 since the beginning of 2012. This move appears to be part of the long-term correction that began from the 21,108 peak. Since the up-moves within this correction are moving close to the 61.8 per cent retracement, this could be a triangle or double three in the making. As is wont with corrective sideways moves, the pattern is not apparent until it is complete.

But the most plausible count now points towards the action getting narrower in the months ahead, probably between 16,000 and 18,000 before the index forms a long-term bottom. The index needs to record a strong close below 15,500 to negate this view.

For the short-term, we have been reiterating that there is a convergence of targets around 18,000 in the Sensex. Reversal from this zone could imply that the move from 15,748 is now complete. But the index will need to record a strong close below 17,000 to confirm this. Subsequent medium-term supports are 16,770 and 16,528.

Short-term resistances for the index will be at 17,734 and 17,973. Targets on sharp move beyond 17,972 would be 18,121 and 18,319.
Nifty (5,258.5)

The Nifty too recorded a long black candle in the weekly chart that completed an evening star pattern. This is a reversal pattern but we need confirmation from next week’s action. Short-term supports for the index are at 5,190 and 5,032. Short-term traders can hold their long positions as long as the index trades above the first support.

Reversal from this level can take the index higher to 5,367 or 5,448 in the short-term. Target on a strong move beyond 5,450 is 5,606.

The area around 5,200 is also a strong medium-term support for the Nifty. Supports on move below this level are 5,111 and 5,032.

Global cues

Global equity markets took a small step lower last week. Absence of any major news development made investors focus on Ben Bernanke’s speech in Jackson Hole towards the weekend. The Federal Reserve Chairman’s promise that he would do all he could to support the market appeased investors. This led to expectation that there could be another round of quantitative easing in the offing.

CBOE VIX moved to 18 as risk aversion rose last week. The Dow declined to the intra-week low of 12,979 before reversing slightly on Friday. We stay with the view that short-term supports stay at 12,800 and 12,500. Short-term trend will reverse only on a close below the first support. But as explained earlier, it is possible that the current decline pulls the index all the way down to 12,500 or even 12,000 as the index moves in to a medium-term consolidation range.

The dollar index declined further and this helped gold move to $1,691 by the end of the week. Gold had short-term resistance at $1,675. Since the metal has moved beyond this hurdle, it can move on to $1,720 or $1,770 in the upcoming weeks. Medium-term trend will turn positive only on strong move beyond $1,770, paving the way for a rally to a new high.

Stock trendy

bank nifty fibo retracement levels
spot 9900 could offer sup. Res. 10240 any ways it's moving towards.9400
JUST LEARNT SOME TA.. POSTING IT FRIENDS.. IF U SAY STOP IT I DO THAT..