Intraday Setup - Open/High/Low breakout pattern - No Charts, Just excel

manishchan

I use vlookup in excel to filter out 100 scrips out of 1300.
Hi Cubt : Read this through this thread today and found it interesting so downloaded your excel file to try in real time. Thanks for sharing. However, your excel however has FUTURES stocks linked to it. But this method work for stocks only.. right ? Please let me know where I misunderstood.

amitrandive

Dear Friends

Don't use the nifty50 buy and sell. Use only the intraday buy and intraday sell only

Here is the Logic

for Buy :
1. Open = Low
2. Open < Previous Close
3. LTP > Yesterday High
4. Stock Price > 20
5. Stock Volume > 50000

for Sell :
1. Open = High
2. Open > Previous Close
3. LTP < Yesterday Low
4. Stock Price > 20
5. Stock Volume > 50000

The above logic will give you only 10 or 15 entries by screening around 3000 stocks.

If you don't get any recommendation, you can very well take out the following

1. Open <> Previous Close for both buy and sell. But be careful you must use the "AND" logic correctly.

You can create your own indicator.
How to put SL and TGT, trail etc. Plz throw some light on these

Hai Bilisscapital

Stop Loss is your open price and see keep 1:1 your target since it is intraday.
But isnt keeping open p = sl too wide, and 1:1 is a very tight RR; you have to have more winners to make profits, which usually is difficult. But you would know better the success rate of this system.

manishchan

Hai Bilisscapital

Stop Loss is your open price and see keep 1:1 your target since it is intraday.
But isnt keeping open p = sl too wide, and 1:1 is a very tight RR; you have to have more winners to make profits, which usually is difficult. But you would know better the success rate of this system.
Yes.. cpsblr, cubt : please share your exp on R:R. Keeping sl at opening will expose to more risks