Lost Huge Money

Dear amarnath , I see all your posts have some gyan and needs special decrypter to get the gyan . I have seen many knowledgeable leave open ended answers here ,which will make others think hard untill they faint :D . Please spread the gyan in way so that every one can understand . Just a request :) .
I am loving this forum , one thing, only if I had found it early .

A

amarnath

Dear amarnath , I see all your posts have some gyan and needs special decrypter to get the gyan . I have seen many knowledgeable leave open ended answers here ,which will make others think hard untill they faint :D . Please spread the gyan in way so that every one can understand . Just a request :) .
I am loving this forum , one thing, only if I had found it early .
can you elaborate a bit more with few eg of those post!

frns i am mid. term investor from last 2+1/2 yrs
sum scripts still i holdingh frm 2+yrs
i do day trading very rarelly
i read all this threads and views of gurus/xperts
my exp is market is handled by big opertors and not often reacts chart patterns r1,r2,s1,s2 etc etc
big people and their news source plays a lot
on 13th feb pfc crash to about 10% next day 14th feb gainner with +20%
on 13th feb jp acco crash with 12 to 13% feb 14 th gain 4%
even nifty/sensex showing swing of 100/300 pts daily...
i decide my stra after loggin and some source of info(thr groups and orkut) todays exam short selling of essar oil when it spikes to day high i sell it when come dwn to 1rs frm till day high and keep sl of +.5day high(my risk to suffer); cover it at -5 rs ....it goes dwn upto -8 but -5 is what i expecting my profit after that i close that chart...i think too greedy and too much fear(close sl) discourages us

just sharing my thought only
...sanju!!

sudoku1

my exp is market is handled by big opertors and not often reacts chart patterns r1,r2,s1,s2 etc etc
big people and their news source plays a lot
on 13th feb pfc crash to about 10% next day 14th feb gainner with +20%
on 13th feb jp acco crash with 12 to 13% feb 14 th gain 4%
even nifty/sensex showing swing of 100/300 pts daily...
it is right that people & their news plays on the traders mind , but that may b limited to a specific stock & for a short interval...
@ the end, the mkt discounts the future upcoming events in advance & charts reflect these events in the form of lines just as each one has astrological lines on their palm...
u may b finding it difficult cause u may b following pivots which falter for majority of times....
dont b let down by these one two pattern faltering...
there is a lot of stuff in technicals & fundamentals which u should dig out by xperimenting with paper pencil & then move ahead with the plan which u think suits u better...
remember , forts were not built in a day...:)
happy investing....:)

These are just my thoughts.
As long as you don't burn your hands and learn from it you can't become a good investor. You have to fall a couple of times and LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES commited which is very very important.
As people keep repeating keywords are PATIENCE,DISCIPLINE,NOT BECOMING GRREDY, HAVE REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS.
Don't jump from one stock to another in order to recover losses.
Accept losses upto 25% as part of market swings. Put atleast 50% of your money in fundamentally string scrips eventhough they don't give you huge returns. Because when market falls they don't fall as much as others.
And be happy if you had managed 10% returns in one year because that is what the banks offer. More than that rejoice. If you made 100% returns then you are a VERY VERY GOOD investor.

Share your own views.

Thanks
SN

oxusmorouz

These are just my thoughts.
As long as you don't burn your hands and learn from it you can't become a good investor. You have to fall a couple of times and LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES commited which is very very important.
Perhaps a couple of times is one too many? :eek:

Put atleast 50% of your money in fundamentally strong scrips even though they don't give you huge returns. Because when market falls they don't fall as much as others.
Sir, which scrip are you talking about?

Perhaps a couple of times is one too many? :eek:

Sir, which scrip are you talking about?

I meant atleast once. But less than few times because if number increases we end up with begging bowl in front of a temple.

ONGC,SBI,L&T,Siemens,BHEL etc.,, which have a very good proven track record and whose P/E values are very reasonable.

I would like to know your views points because each persons experience is different and would like to know yours.

Thanks
SN

oxusmorouz

ONGC,SBI,L&T,Siemens,BHEL etc.,, which have a very good proven track record and whose P/E values are very reasonable.
From the 8th of Jan till yesterday:
ONGC has fallen by 5.12% more than the Sensex.
SBI has fallen by 6.81% less than the Sensex.
L&T has fallen by 2% more than the Sensex.
Siemens by 5.15% more than the Sensex.

Looks like only SBI has outperformed out of the four.

U

uasish

There is a good discussion going on here.
In this gr8 vicious Fall what have we learnt ?
There are broadly 2 aspects which require to be sorted out:=
1)As this type of Fall is not the End ,this will happen time & again in our Lifetime.How do we 'Cushion' ourselves.
2)How do we select the stocks which can give 'Leadership' in the fresh Up-Surge to come in the Future.
http://www.traderji.com/155539-post98.html , here SBI had an advantage like Infy
WHY ? & How ? to select that.

I would like to be taught in these aspects than chasing Tips( which i dont find much these days).

I'd like to share my daytrading strategies. I'm also working on Momentum Day Trading:

1. Watch for scrips with TotalBuyQty >= TotalSellQty
2. Enter the trade
3. put a stop loss 1% below
4. wait for a percent profit and make that stoploss into a trailing stop.

Other Day Trading strategy:

1. Study a scrips daily price spread (open - high, and open-low and high-low)
2. use open-low as entry
3. put a 1% lower stoploss
4. exit at day's average

Another Strategy: scalping+atst

1. Buy deliverable qty of any +ve scrip and sell for 30-50ps and keep doing it..
2. if prices falls.. keep the delivery
3. sell it tomorrow or in a week.

Hello Sir

One query ...

In scalping+atst with 30-50 ps. profit do we get enough to cover the
brokerage.
Another point ... how much money is required to trade - I mean with such a small margin the traded quantity will have to be higher to make a decent profit.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.