Lost Huge Money

citrus

There is one quote from Alexander Elder's book "if mechanical systems could work, the best programmers would have owned the markets by now":eek:
Regards,
Citrus.

There is a good discussion going on here.
In this gr8 vicious Fall what have we learnt ?
There are broadly 2 aspects which require to be sorted out:=
1)As this type of Fall is not the End ,this will happen time & again in our Lifetime.How do we 'Cushion' ourselves.
2)How do we select the stocks which can give 'Leadership' in the fresh Up-Surge to come in the Future.
http://www.traderji.com/155539-post98.html , here SBI had an advantage like Infy
WHY ? & How ? to select that.

I would like to be taught in these aspects than chasing Tips( which i dont find much these days).
asish it is indeed a good topic for discussion , there is a need for a separate thread on which stocks rebound faster than others.......actually i personally leave it to the markets (i tend to pick the stock that have rebounded sharply after the initial fall in the next downtrend)but i have often found that it is the banking stocks that tend to perform better and have always been a part of this bull run that we have seen since 2002.....even during this fall axis bank , icici bank ,indian bank and sbi have outperformed even their banking counterparts.....
i dont know whats up with indian bank , it reached its all time high after the rebound we had after the jan crash and it looks to be the stongest stock even now...even axis bank went down to 900 recently only to fill the downside hourly gap and has since rebounded strongly...the laggards have been kotak and canara .. ..

kkseal

There is one quote from Alexander Elder's book "if mechanical systems could work, the best programmers would have owned the markets by now":eek:
Regards,
Citrus.
Extension :-

If all the rules touted as the best way to trade were true, there'd be plenty more winners by now.

A

amarnath

Regards,
Citrus.
Best programmers doesn't mean best traders and designing system with positive edge have nothing to do with programming stuff alone :) and still trader who make consistent money is from MTS not from discertionary cases ;) and ask your self if Alexander is prefect from other, then were is Alexanders clone and mules in market making atleast millions :d

Last edited by a moderator: