Manish Damani

how much people is benefited by this thread

• Total voters
as day was not favorable though loss covered so no more trade for today.

:thumb: my broker charge flat 0.05%
though my volume is quite low.
I have told my total cost inclusive taxes.I am paying rs 9 fixed per side means rs 18. Yours rs 51 approx just double if both side and if one side then rs 25 (then only not much difference).:):thumb:

If I cant have freedom to say more sell or buy i.e. where to increase or decrease lots and where Sl to be extended then it become difficult for me to manage. Then people can blaim that they have loosed but in that case what I can do if I dont have freedom to manage.Trading is not that easy as people thinks. Its need lots of parameter.To be expert in this need lot of patient and you have to develop your own strategy along with tools available. You can learn TA but how to implement i and where to implement it and management needs not only Sl but how to get into profit under given condition.And that no book can teach. Book can guide and give basic knowledge but in real market you are in real war so its all on warrior.Your victory or defeat depends on your wisdom. A phrase is their " survival for the fittest". explaining and spoon feeding is not possible every time knowledge come from experience and continuous practice.So those who are coming in market can learn from today episode that from little knowledge in trading and small money like 30000-50000 survival for long time not possible. I am not talking about mini lots. I am talking about main lots.Normally traded where we are expecting 2000-5000 daily.

Currently crude is at 5142. Our avg price was 5173. after that only profit. If you have holding power of lots then 30*600= profit will be rs 18000 approx after that loss.Just imagine.

Yes today you managed the loosing trades. so now whats the trend? now cmp.5138, recently made low 5132? we should go short or long?
Its 11 so dont trade now.Here only consolidation is happening range of 5-10 points. With small bounce.:):thumb:

If I cant have freedom to say more sell or buy i.e. where to increase or decrease lots and where Sl to be extended then it become difficult for me to manage. Then people can blaim that they have loosed but in that case what I can do if I dont have freedom to manage.Trading is not that easy as people thinks. Its need lots of parameter.To be expert in this need lot of patient and you have to develop your own strategy along with tools available. You can learn TA but how to implement i and where to implement it and management needs not only Sl but how to get into profit under given condition.And that no book can teach. Book can guide and give basic knowledge but in real market you are in real war so its all on warrior.Your victory or defeat depends on your wisdom. A phrase is their " survival for the fittest". explaining and spoon feeding is not possible every time knowledge come from experience and continuous practice.So those who are coming in market can learn from today episode that from little knowledge in trading and small money like 30000-50000 survival for long time not possible. I am not talking about mini lots. I am talking about main lots.Normally traded where we are expecting 2000-5000 daily.

Currently crude is at 5142. Our avg price was 5173. after that only profit. If you have holding power of lots then 30*600= profit will be rs 18000 approx after that loss.Just imagine.
Yes sir . This true . But will try to bring the capital up .Will not trade every day ,that might help.

I have talked with rlglobal . They are not willing to trade in less than rs9/ per lot .further they also charge stamp duty. In wb,tn,andhra,haryana, there is no stamp duty on commodities. Even stamp duty cost rs10000 on turnover of 100 crore. I do business only on this margin, therefore it is not viable. Now there are two option. Either to take tm of ncdex or look for broker without any stamp duty and little bit less brokerage
OFFCOURSE. Try zerodha also. If you get such discount broker then also tell me. I am also interested. All the best.:):thumb:

Yes sir . This true . But will try to bring the capital up .Will not trade every day ,that might help.
I am trading for my livelihood. It is my full time profession. But those have other source of income and dont know how to manage then they will do so. That all depends on your expectation. Every body have their own funda.We all trying to bring capital up.But 100% no body guarantee whether trading daily or not. All depends on your skills and wisdom. We have to move as per market and market will not move as per us. So whenever you are confident then do trading. All the best.:):thumb:

Hi Manish,

Thanks for helping everybody here...much appreciated.

I have a problem--I have a large portfolio- 15-20 stocks and it becomes too cumbersome and impractical for me to put stop loss everyday...its just not happening--which is turn is responsible for me losing quite a big tad now :( I just wanted to know if there is any Indian broker which offers stop loss which carries through the position to continue day after day until and unless I change that...same thing may apply for options and futures as well....so that I may rest in peace and not sit in front of computer everyday...

I'm sure other guys must have faced similar issue and heartburn...can you advise me on this?

Hi Manish,

Thanks for helping everybody here...much appreciated.

I have a problem--I have a large portfolio- 15-20 stocks and it becomes too cumbersome and impractical for me to put stop loss everyday...its just not happening--which is turn is responsible for me losing quite a big tad now :( I just wanted to know if there is any Indian broker which offers stop loss which carries through the position to continue day after day until and unless I change that...same thing may apply for options and futures as well....so that I may rest in peace and not sit in front of computer everyday...

I'm sure other guys must have faced similar issue and heartburn...can you advise me on this?
If you are maintaining portfolio then it means you are a investor. And a investor has no need to do stoploss activity daily. For this you need to see EOD charts at the night and check the levels and your entry -exit point and enter and exit near to it or whenever need shuffle it then that time take action. By this you can have idea that your action time is near and you can take decision without sitting daily in front of screen.
You can opt for small sub broker. If you tell them that when the stock come near this level or keep my stoploss at that level they can do so for you. Like I had a account with Share Khan Sub-broker and I instruct him whenever I was busy or some where else to take care of such situation and keep check on my levels. He that time informed me when such situation come.
IF you are trading then you have to sit in front of screen every day for safety.

As per my memory ICICI DIRECT/ SHARE KHAN has such facility. You just check it once.:):thumb:

Last edited: