Muinalis way of learning how to trade options

No

And no means no. Clear<

As soon as vola changes and the trend changes, you are out of the game. So again> NO

Other wise test it and come back, but do not complain. Got the point

Good luck

DanPickUp
dan bhai mujhe apna chela bana lo plz. maine aapki saari 2610 posts dhoondh ke padne ka faisla kiya hai

DanPickUp

dan bhai mujhe apna chela bana lo plz. maine aapki saari 2610 posts dhoondh ke padne ka faisla kiya hai
Hi HongkongShanghaiBankTrader

HSBT or was this the wrong translation of HSBT :D

My Hindu is not very good, it even is very bad. :)

Are you talking about a post in the Advanced Nifty Strategy thread or what do you mean with 2610 :)

DanPickUp

muinali

No

And no means no. Clear<

As soon as vola changes and the trend changes, you are out of the game. So again> NO

Other wise test it and come back, but do not complain. Got the point

Good luck

DanPickUp
Dear dan
This is all about for "non-directional strategy trader" means someone nicely said "lazy trader" who dont care abt direction of market thats way we call them "non directional s. t."as they have fixed their losses. and expecting profit from any movement in either side due to implied vola change.
and ofcouse i dont mind to say that you didnt go through one standard deviation calculation topic purpose seriously:)
In calculation if iv increases one sd dn also increasesas as simple as it is.
i have been surprised you are not getting that point.
one thing i want to clear here , we are not going to find out any direction of market using calculation one standard deviation it gives a gereral idea to n-d-s-t to built strategy inside range as narrow as possible so that when iv change n-d-s-t will profit easily if price move either direction

one standard deviation calculation require iv to get the width of range where n-d-s-t can hang their hat:)

deleted.....

muinali

posting explaination last time ,no more discussion

Last edited:

muinali

Learning To Trade Calendar Spreads

firstly need to be clear Option Greek (previous posts) particular greek vega and OTM,ITM and ATM

OTM CALL- If you are bullish on the underlying you select a strike price FOR CALL that is ABOVE the current stock price.

ITM CALL If you are BULLISH on the underlying you select a strike price for call that is below the current stock price.

OTM put-If you are bearish on the underlying you select a strike price that is below the current stock price.

ITM put If you are bearish on the underlying you select a strike price for put that is above the current stock price.

ATM If you are neutral about the price of the underlying you you select the ATM strike price.

BTO-buy to open

STC-sell to close

STO- sell to open

BTC- buy to close

Calendars spreads make money by the change in volatility and the passing of time.
To construct the trade, you sell an option and buy one further away in time.

#If you write the near term option and buy the far term option the spread is created for a net debit, so you are long the spread.
#If you write(sell) the far term option and buy the near term option the spread is created for a net credit, so you are short the spread.

#If you believe implied volatility is too low, you want to open a long calendar spread.
#If you believe that implied volatility is too high, you want to open a short calendar spread.
#If you don't think implied volatility is too high or too low, you do not want to open a calendar spread.

#Calendar spreads can be created using either puts or calls. generally prefer to use out of the money strike prices, which would determine if I wanted to use a calls or puts.

muinali

Three Types Of Calendar Spreads
(1.)Single calendar spread
(2.)Double calendar spread
(3.)three calendar spread

Closed

Last edited: