BTO(OTM)Jan2013-strike price 300 [email protected]

Current Underlying -312
fut contract(jan 2012)-313.3

TF-2-5 days
Stoploss-naked

Last edited:

muinali

Supply and Demand
The relationship between supply and demand plays an important role in our study of rolling stocks. In fact, the channel that defines the support and resistance levels in our rollers is nothing more than an expression of the supply-demand relationship. For instance, in the figure below, we have two diagonal lines, supply and demand. The supply line shows the number of sellers willing to sell at a given price.
The demand line shows the number of buyers willing to buy at a given price. Quite simply, as the price increases, the number of buyers willing to buy at the higher prices decreases. In the chart below, resistance occurs where the price bumps the ceiling because there are no buyers willing to pay the higher price. Support occurs on the left side of the supply line where sellers are no longer willing to sell at the low prices. The position of these lines changes continually during market action, reflecting the changing opinions and expectations of investors. The chartist looks for signals in the price and volume relationships to discern the direction of the changes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In this figure, when the price equals $23, there would be about 5 willing buyers and 17 willing sellers. Which direction do you suppose the price will move? The dynamic of free market activity is profoundly evident in this example.
Trading volume is the primary indicator of supply and demand. Used with the price charts, volume data can help us look ahead to where the price is going.
If the volume is heavy when the price is rising, the rise is likely to continue.
However,
if the price is rising on declining volume, it will probably not continue its rise for long.
It is from the combination of price and volume that all technical indicators derive their value. We must add timing to this duo since the charts are all plotted with respect to time.
Fundamental analysis tells us what a stock should be doing. Stock charts tell us what the stock is doing. This means technical analysis can be viewed as a short-cut. The chartist can analyze a stock without plowing through all the fundamental data. It is enough to say, when a price is rising, the market considers its fundamentals bullish. The chartist does not care what those fundamentals are.

muinali

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As volume is decreasing but price is moving up and trading above 1 standard deviation and vola declining continuously
hoping senario will chang soon.............

position status-1/01/2013
tatamotor strike price 300 [email protected]
current price-4.05

Last edited:

muinali

Muinali,

Why did you choose OTM 300 PE and why not ITM 320 Put?Looking at option data on NSE website 320 seems to be strong resistance level.Dont you think 320 would have been much safer.
yes you are right!
having FULL month expiry 300 pe was good bet at that time it was trading 6 while 320 pe was trading at 15 aroung now
300PE@4 (15-10=5 LOSS)
320PE@10 (6-4==2 LOSS)
let see what happend ahead.........

Last edited:
Hello Muinali Ji,

On page 4 and Post#34, how was the calculation of "Theta Put Option" done? I am getting value of -229.495 where as you are getting value of -0.628. Do I need to divide my answer by 365 (no. of days in an year). I am getting all the other values but not the theta value.

Please if you could help.

Thanks and Regards
Shailender Bali

muinali

Hello Muinali Ji,

On page 4 and Post#34, how was the calculation of "Theta Put Option" done? I am getting value of -229.495 where as you are getting value of -0.628. Do I need to divide my answer by 365 (no. of days in an year). I am getting all the other values but not the theta value.

Please if you could help.

Thanks and Regards
Shailender Bali
dear shailender
what is theta greek?
ans-Theta greek

The theta of an option is the rate of change of value of option with respect to passage of time with all else remaining same. It is also referred as the time decay of an option. In the example, theta is -1.85 which means that with each trading day, value of the option decreases by Rs 1.85 if all else remained same.

Theta is usually negative for an option. This is because, as time passes with all else remaining the same, the option tends to become less valuable.y
is it possible reducing RS 229.495 OF a option passing a trading day ?,i dont think so ,check again, put rate free interest 10% in indian senario.
use this link, and reply futher further sothat we all newbei get benifitted ,
http://www.hoadley.net/options/optiongraphs.aspx?

Thanks Muinali for the response.

Yes, you are right, the option decay has the negative value per day. I calculated it as per the formula from internet sources. However, formula from all the sources calculated theta as annual change in the option value. To get per day theta, my answer was required to be divided by 365.

The online option pricing and greek calculators will calculate per day theta, that's why the discrepancy was coming in my calculation and the correct answer. I got the following from net.

THETA:
Theta is the partial derivative of the option price with respect to calendar time, holding fixed time to expiration. If time to expiration is measured in years, theta will be the annualized change in the option value. To obtain a per-day theta, divide by 365.

thanks for the clarification..

Regards
Shailender Bali

muinali

stc sell tatamotor PE @3.25 as lossing theta continuously but no supply ,today showed little distribution in volume but panic exit.........!as took support @313 in cash