My System - My trades.

Xray ji you can take the 1st cue from daily and micro manage your trade by atleast a 15min. or a 30min. chart using the ribbon system. Start with an OTM call or put and then getting fresh signals from 15min.charts bring down your srike price till the buy signal is maintained in daily. (That is till you are making higher lows in subsequent red ribbon period in daily)

XRAY27

Xray ji they are much easier to trade than intraday as signals are more long lasting and durable. Just try using 5 period OBV. Buy for longterm on getting bluesignal. Trail with the red signal. Better if the last 2 red period are having higher low. Just look at Maruti Daily chart. Buy came around 5000 in dec by this method.
Xray ji you can take the 1st cue from daily and micro manage your trade by atleast a 15min. or a 30min. chart using the ribbon system. Start with an OTM call or put and then getting fresh signals from 15min.charts bring down your srike price till the buy signal is maintained in daily. (That is till you are making higher lows in subsequent red ribbon period in daily)
Varun ji ...Thanks for explaining !!! i will work on this !!!

SevenD

Varunji,

Following your thread has been the best thing thats happened to me. Your OBV method with Your daily logical explanations, has been an epiphany for me.
I've sort of graduated from the two days make money and third day give it back. Last one week no net losses,
but still, a long way to go.

No accolades would suffice to express my gratitude, but Varunji, from the bottom of my heart,
God Bless You and Your Loved Ones, Thank You, Love, Peace and Prosperity.

Thank You.

Apacheindian

Apacheji,

Can you please explain the basis of taking this trade, as i cannot see any basis as per varunji's OBV ribbon method. My chart as per OBV posted below.

Thanks

meag

Meag ji this particular trade was not solely based on Varun jis OBV ribbon method.

Deciding factors for Short trade were:

1. Negative Crude oil inventory
2. Price failed to break day high of 3535
3. SL was based on Pivot @ 3537
4. Price hovered around 34-25 range
5. I took short @21:13 Candle at that time OBV had crossed below EMA 200.
Overall this was Tukka trade with some technical backing..!

LTP low is 3431 one could hv made close to 90 points

The words of the Gambler by Kenny Rogers "You don't count your money, when you are sitting at the table, there will be time enough to count it, when the game is done." I would like to share my experience with these words of wisdom. I have seen many people use the term 1R 2R...10R etc. Does it have any relevance to ones trades. It just inflates one ego and in fact is an impediment to growth. It is akin to having a mental barrier. Look up any post of ST ji and you would find the saying "While amateurs go broke by taking large losses,professionals go broke by taking small profits" at the bottom. You are selling yourself short when always calculating R's because at the back of ones mind while doing so is a very safe attitude. Your trades are curtailed by always looking up this number. So you get satisfied by such nos. as 1R 2R... instead of scoring a home run when the market gives you an opportunity. Case in point is, how many of you were able to catch even 50% of the monster move in crude (more than a 100point) after 9:00 today. I for one concede that though i was wrong in my initial bias as posted on Tuna ji's post. I Netted 15points in long followed by 70 points in short. I am not highlighting my trade, just my attitude towards a trade. Do not sell yourself short. I have often said in this thread that the market is trending only 20% of the times. Why put a cap on your winnings during such times. One should have discipline in ones trades to get out only when stopped out or coming out of the trade when the reason for being in the trade is no longer there. Once you have done the hard work of identifying the set up and initiating the trade, it should be criminal to exit without consummating.(Could not find a more appropriate word).