My System - My trades.

john302928

This chart tells us that there is constant accumulation going on in IFCI for a number of years. People (Informed set/fii/dii/ retail) has been buying this but the value has not been unlocked. It will try everybodies patience but in the long Run maybe 10 years this might trade in 4 figures (when serious value gets unlocked) The Addition in OBV is to the tune of 1700 Million shares over the year. But now i think it is on the verge of a breakout as per price too.

john302928

This chart tells us that there is constant accumulation going on in IFCI for a number of years. People (Informed set/fii/dii/ retail) has been buying this but the value has not been unlocked. It will try everybodies patience but in the long Run maybe 10 years this might trade in 4 figures (when serious value gets unlocked) The Addition in OBV is to the tune of 1700 Million shares over the year. But now i think it is on the verge of a breakout as per price too.
I completely agree with your points. I would like to know if there is a way to identify the breakout timing using OBV. Timing is very important.Please throw some light if you have a method to time the stock using OBV.Thanks

john302928

People still want to short Nifty ? Where is the weakness. Atleast wait for weakness.
Can anyone please shed some light on what do these ribbons mean in the chart. and please share this afl. Thanks

Dear Varunkochhar, I have a suggestion. Why dont you start a new thread for this method and just post only the notes whenevefr you want to add any new information like these. and let the current thread have just general discussion about OBV for queries. So that one thread will be clean with all your valuable notes in an order. Please think about it. Thanks

John ji it is not about my starting another thread. Till the time, one masters the concept being talked about, a 100 threads would also not suffice to make a person a good trader. Please donot take offence to my statement. These ribbons etc. amount to nothing if you do not know how they got created in the first place and what is its relevance. A system is as good as a trader. I was really pained to see Vijkris ji's P&L statement, because i have been using the same system as per visual representation and my understanding of the concept and came up with exceptional results. I tried to formulate a strategy whereby all could profit at the same time but somehow i could not achieve this objective because of too much tinkering by people and lack of understanding of the concept. I have been trying various tweaks my self to aide people to make informed decisions but they seem to have run out of patience. I am striving still to make this system robust and easy to use for others (I still take confirmation from visual inspection). People may accuse me of being discretionary or subjective in taking my trades but i cannot help it. Just to prove that my system is good, i cannot take short signals also when clearly the trend is up and vice versa.

To take this discussion forward many people may be using MACD, but how many of them know what it does. When to rely and when not to rely on its reading. What is the relevance of the zero line in MACD. Till the time you understand it thoroughly, i bet you would be mightily disappointed on its failure too. If somebody wants to know more about the MACD, i can explain.

And what do i get in return for all this. Some smart alec comes up with the half baked comment. I know nobody forced me to impart knowledge. But i am also human. I owe it to masters like Saint, from whom i learnt a lot of my basic concepts. That and Happy ji's constant encouragement is what keeps me going.