My System - My trades.

RK ji, i prefer to sleep soundly at night. When i buy a CE i know my exact risk. I may compromise on the profits but it gives me Peace of mind. To further mitigate my risk I sell a higher Strike Price call. Which i cover the next day on getting a buy signal again. Intraday i trade futures but donot carry it overnight. I know this may not sound right as per your logic which is right but buying a put as a hedge for overnight exposure would also amount to losing out to 100% profit potential to some extent. What do you suggest i should do looking into my risk averse profile.

Why do i lay importance on OBV closing above the PDC (as in the case of Reliance). Imagine a candle being made from the OHLC of OBV. A close above the PDC would mean a green daily candle with close above the open. I hope you get the reasoning.
Going by this same arguement, Nifty has made Green candles in OBV for the last 2 days also so buying the dips would be good. Or atleast buying above PDC as we normally do would be good. I find 9140 to be a good support at this point in time.

john302928

This is a chart i had posted in some other forum against a specific querry. What do you guys feel. I have already answered there. Let us see what you make of it. This also seems like the reliance chart where all the bad press is discounted, looking at OBV action.
What I make out from the chart you posted is that, Price is consolidating whereas OBV is making higher highs.OBV making higher highs is strength but price also should show the same. I remember from one of your posts that when OBV is improving and price is not responding for the same, then wait for a while for price also to show the same kind of higher highs as OBV and that will be so perfect to enter.
Please correct me if I am wrong

john302928

Hi Varun,

A question about divergence:

I'm trying to use RSI classical divergences, but find sometimes they don't predict price movement, or the movement comes quite a while later. Elsewhere I read you had an explanation for this, could you share please.

Thank you for your time.
please refer page number 355,356

john302928