My System - My trades.

Problem with you, is you don't know what is back testing, neither you are prepared to listen ,every body cannot trade with 20 % win rate with robust MM !!!
20% win rate was AFL back testing report for plain SAR system based on EMA 200 of OBV.

I haven't done mechanical backtest of core system 36/200 EMA of Price and OBV. Live trades taken on BO/BO of pivots in sync with 36/200 EMA of Price and OBV are all high probability trades. you can eyeball few charts.

Subhadip

Subhadip ji OBV is an invaluable indicator for somebody like you who sells options. Think of OBV as a pur volume chart and not an indicator.
in my case Price is the purest thing, when price changes, volume also changes; volume bring change in price, which in tern change volume also..

it is vicious cycle..

Here's my last 3 Swing trades on BNF, based on OBV & Price Action . . .

BANKNIFTY_F1 Long 30-08-2017 10:10 24335
BANKNIFTY_F1 Short 21-09-2017 09:45 24970
BANKNIFTY_F1 Long 28-09-2017 15:15 23975 (Open)

If the trades were based only on price there would be at least 4/5 more trades in there . . .
So for me OBV works as stabilizing factor, giving more confidence to hold on . . .

But just looking at these 3 trades don't mean we get all 100% winners

On previous 6 trades I got 5 Lossa trades . . .
First 4 of them in a row followed by 1 small winner and 1 loser

But as I don't go all in - all out, in a trade and do use scaling-in/out,
can manage a losing streak better . . .

Everybody trades differently, so they will use OBV differently and its good that way . . .

As always . . . Everyone knows what they are doing . . .

Happy :)

Subhadip

in my case Price is the purest thing, when price changes, volume also changes; volume bring change in price, which in tern change volume also..

it is vicious cycle..
it is like hen or egg which came first...

Subhadip

Here's my last 3 Swing trades on BNF, based on OBV & Price Action . . .

BANKNIFTY_F1 Long 30-08-2017 10:10 24335
BANKNIFTY_F1 Short 21-09-2017 09:45 24970
BANKNIFTY_F1 Long 28-09-2017 15:15 23975 (Open)

If the trades were based only on price there would be at least 4/5 more trades in there . . .
So for me OBV works as stabilizing factor, giving more confidence to hold on . . .

But just looking at these 3 trades don't mean we get all 100% winners

On previous 6 trades I got 5 Lossa trades . . .
First 4 of them in a row followed by 1 small winner and 1 loser

But as I don't go all in - all out, in a trade and do use scaling-in/out,
can manage a losing streak better . . .

Everybody trades differently, so they will use OBV differently and its good that way . . .

As always . . . Everyone knows what they are doing . . .

Happy :)
Exactly sir ji....

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
if AFL can make money..then so many broker house..and so many HNI & FII and MF House..will never go broke..
Bro,
AFL can make money .But it is not everything. All focus on price & volume. where is the 3rd Factor ? TIME !!!! Either everyone is in hurry to go to moon or betting big without proper money management. Time also has a role to play when it comes to autions - short time (intra) and positional tradings. You are aware of all this, so not going into details.

The point is this:

Tell me, how many of us (including me) will have the balls to hold on a system with 25% win rate, although it proves to be profitable as per BT?

Argument will be, whats the gurantee that what happened in past will happen in future.

Counter Argument: The way you are trading (non-mechnical, even I do), how did you derive the technique? Based on past data only right?

All the arugements that lagging indicatore, past does not gurantee future etc etc, anyone, when you asks him ok, why you trade like this - the answer will be see on so and so dates the market behaved like this - relying on past only !!

And it is not a sin. We dont have access to future.

Trading = identifying repeatable pattern with max probablity (winrate) OR max RR X money management.

Chapter closed.

Now one wants bypass surgery or a open heart (AFL or manual) - upto individual's comfort (and ablitly).