My System - My trades.

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
Chacha,
We will always differ in one or other points. I have moved completely mechnical in crude, will let all how it is going. I am using the same system (undisclosed) for which I have posted the BT. It is a long only system, so I am unable to take shorts and I have stopped manual judgemental trades on Crude.

I dont know how long will it take for me to come with a shorting system (mehnical) with proper profitibilty. I have something now which will yield CAR of 35% but trying to improve further.

I will start a new thread on mechnical trading. I will post my signals (with the message generated on the logs), but no live trades - reason best known to me.

Nifty, I am still going solo, but will turn into mechnical there as well.

The fundamental of my trading is : identifying the pattern which repeats with maximum probablity in a completely mechnical way (the code will judge it based on the criteria , not my eyes) and trade those + my own money management.

I am NOT using OBV for my longs, tried that, reducing throughput big way !! (Again no personal enemity with OBV ;)

For shorts, I am relying on OBV.

Findings till now. Calling bottom is easier then calling top. Will start a thread later on my journey to mechnical trading.

Subhadip

The upper pane chart looks like a RDMA chart and the lower pane is OBV chart. So Any good system combined with volume will give good results....even RDMA caught the entire moves very well when combined with OBV.....

Smart_trade
Exactly sir......

Great discussion . . . . but what can we expect with market ranged since morning . . .

So here's some more ideas for testing

With Swing Pivots most of the code is forward looking and not reliable for back testing,
so we drop that and go back to basics, where this all started . . .

Condition 01 = Price Above / Below it's EMA
Condition 02 = Price Above / Below it's n-bar High/Low
Condition 03 = OBV Above / Below it's EMA
Condition 04 = OBV Above / Below it's n-bar High/Low

Are the above ideas original (new) . . . no way,
you might find them in the first few pages or maybe on Tuna's thread . . .

Happy :)

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige

XRAY27

Xray ji if you have advocated a system then you need to show that it is effective in real time. Period. Else how can one have confidence that you actually made money on your system or some other system or just plain tips.
ITR posting will not help anyone but realtime correct trades would.
Sirji !!! How many months years days and series i have to show the results !!! people have checked me !!! closed the thread with complete copy of pdf !!! what else i have to do !!! ?? moved a lot now !!! in terms of trading psychology,thanks to ST ,Manoj borle,raamkanth etc!!!

Problem with you, is you don't know what is back testing, neither you are prepared to listen ,every body cannot trade with 20 % win rate with robust MM !!!