My Yahoo RealTime Data Viewer

hasobha said:
Dear Satya

Trial version expired message appeared periodically. I have attached screen shot as per your instruction.

Autoupdation from yahoo is also not working, presently I am updating from PIB but in this also I have to update manually no automatic update is done by software.

Hasobha
Hasobha,

for Auto update problem, do the following steps

Open QM.ini file and go to [Time_OffSet] section. In that make both times empty like below. Auto Update will work. close the application and start again.

[Time_OffSet]
India_Open =
India_Close =

coming to trial version expired message. Give me 1 or 2 days, I am releasing a Major Update which will help me in tracking all bugs. the system will log where the logic is failing, enabling easy bug tracking.

Attached is the screen shot for the Next Version. I put them in Zip files.

I will give more details very shortly as a new post..!

Regards
Satya

Last edited:
I installed the tool and copied the format file as required. My ami is setup for tick data and when I run st, the following error come in" Run time error '339' Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its components not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid."
Kindly help.
miscos

pkjha30

Hi Miscos
Here is the answer to your question

Missing Comdlg32.ocx error while running an application?

Outdated or missing comdlg32.ocx runtime library is causing this error. Here is a copy of comdlg32.ocx (~60 Kb Zip). Download the file to the Desktop and extract the comdlg32.ocx to %Systemroot%\System32 folder

Note If you already have a copy of comdlg32.ocx, backup the existing file to a different folder and delete it from System32 folder.

Download the Comdlg32 Zip file

Unzip the file using WinZip or any other utility

Extract comdlg32.ocx to %systemroot%\System32 folder

Then, type the following command from Start, Run dialog

REGSVR32 %Systemroot%\System32\comdlg32.ocx

You'll see a dialog like this:

---------------------------
RegSvr32
DllRegisterServer in C:\WINDOWS\System32\comdlg32.ocx succeeded.
OK

Restart Windows, and then launch your application.

The file is normally available in the Windows system
However it is attached here.

Pankaj

ps:-Sorry Satya for reply on your behalf

Last edited:
Dear Satya

I have seen screenshot of your latest update. You are thinking well ahead. I am eagerly waiting for your new release of Software.

I can't import F&O data from PIB. I have to put symbol in cash section than I got chart of Nifty Futures 31August. But how to get all charts/realtime data for F&O from PIB ? As Today I face problem importing nifty future data into AB.

At the end of day I have used stocktools to get whole day data from PIB. Data imported in AB but chart updated upto 3.13pm only while as data in PIB is available upto 3.30pm. So why whole data not imported in AB ? I have attached screen shot of Nifty Futures chart which shows last data timing is 3.13pm and close at 3127.5 at 3.13pm, however actual close is 3131.25 at 3.28pm (In PIB data file).

Thanks, Once again heartly congratulation for developing such a wonderful software.

Hasobha
Whatever mind of man can concieve and believe it can achieve !!

Attachments

pkjha30 said:
Hi Miscos
Here is the answer to your question

Missing Comdlg32.ocx error while running an application?

Outdated or missing comdlg32.ocx runtime library is causing this error. Here is a copy of comdlg32.ocx (~60 Kb Zip). Download the file to the Desktop and extract the comdlg32.ocx to %Systemroot%\System32 folder

Note If you already have a copy of comdlg32.ocx, backup the existing file to a different folder and delete it from System32 folder.

Download the Comdlg32 Zip file

Unzip the file using WinZip or any other utility

Extract comdlg32.ocx to %systemroot%\System32 folder

Then, type the following command from Start, Run dialog

REGSVR32 %Systemroot%\System32\comdlg32.ocx

You'll see a dialog like this:

RegSvr32
DllRegisterServer in C:\WINDOWS\System32\comdlg32.ocx succeeded.
OK

Restart Windows, and then launch your application.

The file is normally available in the Windows system
However it is attached here.

Pankaj

ps:-Sorry Satya for reply on your behalf
Pankaj,

I am happy that you replied after a long time. Happy to see you in action.

Satya :)

Hi All,

A bit too late to post. But neverthless, I was quite busy the whole week adding some more new features. I was interacting with many of you and could understand the problems faced by many.

I tired to fill the gap by adding a live system log window for the main RT Data Extractor screen. It will log ( a kind of simulation) all the actions peformed by my code.

so, we can be sure of tracing the error. What all You need to do is, copy the text in that little "log details" text box and send it to me or post it here.

by reading that, i can figure where the program failed. :)

By this, I have automated almost 99% of the System operation and maintenance.

viist the link: http://www.investbulls.com/pns.html to download the latest version.

1. for those who already installed, just download the Upgrade Zip file

2. for those who face problem with VB Runtime files and application not installed, download and install the Full Install Edition. In this install kit, i tried to include all of the dependent VB Runtime files.

post here any of your comments.

Satya

To list some of the features: here it goes....

1. Re-Design of the RT DataExtractor Screen. Provided a selection mechanism for Source. Users have now choice to select, which data they want to retrieve.
2. PIB Auto Update will update both Cash and Futures based on Source selection.
3. Added a log details window in RT DE Screen. This will facilitate to track major bugs if any arise in the system
4. Editing QM.Ini is now automated through a new screen application settings.
5. Fixed a bug in the portfolio settings screen. When the screen opens, it pops-up error message when there are no scrips in the Cash List

I updated with the latest update from the site and the application is saying 'trail period over"!!:eek:

This is the log file "fetching Yahoo data for Cash List...
finished fetching Yahoo data for Cash List...
processing Yahoo data...
fProcessYData : 13 Type mismatch
Update Futures: fileFUTIDX-NIFTY-31AUG2006_NSE10678.csv....
AmiBroker Update: Updating AmiBroker with C:\Program Files\Stock Tools\pib_bf.txt...
fUpdate Futures file c:\Program files\pib\60860\data\FUTIDX-NIFTY-28SEP2006*.csv not found...
Last Update On: 8/8/2006 11:06:38 AM..."