nac Calling JOBBERS/SCALPERS

nac

Of course BSNL too has the option of wireless EVDO modem similar to Reliance Netconnect and Tata Photon and MTS. All of these use CDMA wireless access .
Nothing is worse than lack of choice, In Bangalore, certain areas had Airtel broadband nearly 4 years before BSNL even arrived there. So it need not that BSNL is always the first . Nowadays some new company Tikona has some package for some 50 per month ,maybe good as a backup connection. I am hoping to get a 3G mobile to go with my BSNL connection.Of course it should then have a mini USB slot. Interestingly I have seen that BSNL has the best rates and importantly speed through GPRS compared to Airtel . Hoping that the 3G is just as good. Dont know how feasible it is to use GPRS but connectivity is important to atleast close open positions.
Funnily trading has the most extreme models of de risking,there should be a back up everything: net,power source,trading account, terminal,hardware(PCs, laptops, mobile capable of streaming quotes) .Here power is an issue.
How do I know this phone connection will go bust in few days? uh...

Since the price of data cards are expensive, I ain't took those things in the list of my choices. Because of my poor trading (last month) I am in a position where I can't spend a lot at this moment. (I already have spent a lot for this new connection).

But sure I keep this in my mind. I opt for this after I am success in this or atleast enough money to afford 'em. I am surfing about those things (EVDO, WIMAX, WLL, Datacard etc...). Please share your experience in these things like speed, connectivity, expenses etc...

I know few people in BSNL... They said if there is a fault in WLL, it can't be solved immediately. He said, it will take a month to fix. They say they are coming to fix this land line three days ago. But still they ain't show up. How can I rely on WLL. Apart from that WLL speed is low.

I am sure you or someone will say... "DONT TRADE IF YOU (I) ARE NOT READY TO MAKE THESE THINGS READY".

Thanks for your concern. Please write back your experience on those EVDO etc...

alroyraj

How do I know this phone connection will go bust in few days? uh...

Since the price of data cards are expensive, I ain't took those things in the list of my choices. Because of my poor trading (last month) I am in a position where I can't spend a lot at this moment. (I already have spent a lot for this new connection).

But sure I keep this in my mind. I opt for this after I am success in this or atleast enough money to afford 'em. I am surfing about those things (EVDO, WIMAX, WLL, Datacard etc...). Please share your experience in these things like speed, connectivity, expenses etc...

I know few people in BSNL... They said if there is a fault in WLL, it can't be solved immediately. He said, it will take a month to fix. They say they are coming to fix this land line three days ago. But still they ain't show up. How can I rely on WLL. Apart from that WLL speed is low.

I am sure you or someone will say... "DONT TRADE IF YOU (I) ARE NOT READY TO MAKE THESE THINGS READY".

Thanks for your concern. Please write back your experience on those EVDO etc...
Basically I intended to buy a wireless modem but since they have recurring costs of like 500 per month I put it off ,I was thinking more in terms of a backup connection. Beginning of the month the electricity was quite bad,so tjhee can run off the laptop battery.
Reliance has some options for prepaid limits without any (time) deadline.
Basically data cards are of two types: there is the normal PCMCIA slot card and the same through a USB slot. These run on the GSM network.
EVDO cards run on the CDMA network and efficient for data downloads.
Both cards have seen good discounts on the hardware so it seems attractive,

However I still think you should explore using your say GPRS through your GSM sim for backup. It has no fixed charges and at nominal charges .
maybe you can do that till the landline is repaired.
Also BSNL gives out a free sim if you have a landline, like I said its GPRS is quite decent.

I got a bsnl wireless modem for Rs. 1664 one time payment with broadband. It seems to work fine. At the moment I have taken the Rs 750 pm unlimited internet plan which also takes care of the land line rental.

nac

Basically I intended to buy a wireless modem but since they have recurring costs of like 500 per month I put it off ,I was thinking more in terms of a backup connection. Beginning of the month the electricity was quite bad,so tjhee can run off the laptop battery.
Reliance has some options for prepaid limits without any (time) deadline.
Basically data cards are of two types: there is the normal PCMCIA slot card and the same through a USB slot. These run on the GSM network.
EVDO cards run on the CDMA network and efficient for data downloads.
Both cards have seen good discounts on the hardware so it seems attractive,

However I still think you should explore using your say GPRS through your GSM sim for backup. It has no fixed charges and at nominal charges .
maybe you can do that till the landline is repaired.
Also BSNL gives out a free sim if you have a landline, like I said its GPRS is quite decent.
Wirless modem recurring cost can't be Rs. 500/- per month. Its just Rs. 80/- (rental). I guess you get mixed with Wimax, EVDO thing...

I went to BSNL office today morning and asked 'em about EVDO, WLL. They said EVDO is stopped because they don't have stock and there are already plenty of people in waiting list.

And about WLL, bandwidth will be 144Kbps (Max). So I don't think this will do good.

Now telephone is fixed. I guess I can stay online without disconnection.

ranger123

Nac, I wan to understand how could you make such losses while being a jobber/scalper. Apart from techinical issues like, net disconnection (which i can understand its not your fault) what mistakes did you commit.

I has seen many jobbers in action but their losses are not as much fast as yours. If you throw light on your experience, it would help me as well as you too to not commit such mistakes again. Also what precautions you are taking to avoid your mistakes.

I look forward for your experiences and wish you luck to over come your losses as soon as possible. :thumb:

nac

Nac, I wan to understand how could you make such losses while being a jobber/scalper. Apart from techinical issues like, net disconnection (which i can understand its not your fault) what mistakes did you commit.

I has seen many jobbers in action but their losses are not as much fast as yours. If you throw light on your experience, it would help me as well as you too to not commit such mistakes again. Also what precautions you are taking to avoid your mistakes.

I look forward for your experiences and wish you luck to over come your losses as soon as possible. :thumb:
I have said what all I did in the last month. I completely agree the result (loss) was due to my mistakes.

I have said once that I will post a summary of my mistakes. I forgot to post 'em. Now I am gonna post 'em...

Thanks for your concern. I guess, I can learn some from you.

nac

SUMMARY OF MISTAKES I DID

* For sentimental reason I hold loss once...
* Jump-in and take position when I see huge price movement.
* Holding losing position
* Averaging
* Increasing lot size when I am losing.
* Not obeying stop loss
* Over-riding my rules (like trading after losing 1% of my capital in a trading day)
* Greed, aggressiveness, frustration, emotion played a role in losing part of my capital.

I was doing these mistakes several times, even after knowing that I am committing 'em.

ranger123

SUMMARY OF MISTAKES I DID

* For sentimental reason I hold loss once...
* Jump-in and take position when I see huge price movement.
* Holding losing position
* Averaging
* Increasing lot size when I am losing.
* Not obeying stop loss
* Over-riding my rules (like trading after losing 1% of my capital in a trading day)
* Greed, aggressiveness, frustration, emotion played a role in losing part of my capital.

I was doing these mistakes several times, even after knowing that I am committing 'em.
I fully agree with you Nac, these are very common mistakes everyone makes in jobbing carrier. I has also done same mistakes so many times in my life which drive to me losing all my capital 2 times. But not now, after I has loaded my account again after earning and savings in last few months, I has been good at jobbing, in last 5 months of reloading my trading account for the 3rd time, I has managed to recover half of my earlier loss. Hope you too would recover your losses very soon. One of the ways I has changed this time is I am not using any leverage which has helped me in holding my position for longer time incase of loss. Once the position recovered after sometime, I would sell it at lesser loss and lukily I also managed to earn handsome profit on such positions which were under loss initially. So, Nac, one thing which has help me is no leveraging. You also can use this and check yourself if it can also help.