Nest Plus on Traderji

Bingo. The question is: can you get through life with these two (assuming there is no .ini setting available in NOW, at least none I could spot as well) ?

Titbit: In Nest, the Market picture can be of two sizes; one with a little bit more info than the other.
This will do for now, but now the Snap Quote window suddenly looks awkwardly huge :).

I am delaying upgrading to Nest. For charting I have a good tool in Sharekhan's TT, and for trading NOW has universal appeal. Also, the new HTML5 version of NOW may turn to be the best trading tool, once I understand how to use it :).

yusi

About 6 months back, in the Zerodha thread, Aditya had raised an issue that showed that user passwords were not one-way encrypted.

The scenario was: he had been migrated from NOW to Nest / ZT, and the migration letter from Zerodha mentioned his existing NOW password. That was a red flag, as his NOW password should not have been decipherable by anybody, admin and code/script included. Zerodha clarified that all passwords at their end were encrypted. My tentative conclusion at that time was that NOW passwords are stored in Omnesys servers.

As things go, folks move on but not necessarily forget. It would be appreciated if you can give your comments and views on this.

adityasaraf007

About 6 months back, in the Zerodha thread, Aditya had raised an issue that showed that user passwords were not one-way encrypted.

The scenario was: he had been migrated from NOW to Nest / ZT, and the migration letter from Zerodha mentioned his existing NOW password. That was a red flag, as his NOW password should not have been decipherable by anybody, admin and code/script included. Zerodha clarified that all passwords at their end were encrypted. My tentative conclusion at that time was that NOW passwords are stored in Omnesys servers.

As things go, folks move on but not necessarily forget. It would be appreciated if you can give your comments and views on this.
Wow!!! I don't visit TJ often now-a-days neither browse through any of the threads when I login. However, having logged on after a gap of 15 days I still spot this post. Amazing!!!

To let you guys know - I haven't yet received any response from NSE in this matter. I have reminded tham about it for about 4-5 times already...

Further to clarify.. that post was for BackOffice Login. We don't know yet about Trading/Transaction Logins (if they are encrypted or not). BackOffice Login is certainly not encrypted (yet!) - there are further proofs to establish this contention.

Hi Nest Plus,
Would like to know if there is a way to get realtime data from any NEST software into Amibroker...I have few AFL formulas and works with RT data...I am a client of edelweiss so have NEST trader with me..Could you please let me know a way to get RT data fed into Amibroker?

Also it is really good to see Omnesys has progressed a lot...I used to be developer at Omnesys( leave it to your guess who I am ;-) )

Best Regards,
TradingStar

Hi Nest P

Thanks for help! The backtest issue is now solved with Nest Plus helpline. No I think I am not using Net Pulse. However I can now back test.

Nest please tell me about this SLOPE function. I want to write expressions comparing slopes of different MAs. Is it in degrees?

And I suppose Buy alerts are to be exited first before Sell is entered. But in backtest it is sometimes not happening. Where may be the error?

Please help.

yusi

Further to clarify.. that post was for BackOffice Login. We don't know yet about Trading/Transaction Logins (if they are encrypted or not). BackOffice Login is certainly not encrypted (yet!) - there are further proofs to establish this contention.
Still a relevant question to Omnesys based on this comment:

The good news is that omnesys, the front end has bought over our backoffice vendors a few months back.

Hi Guys,
You seem to be overly concerned about password encryption. When you migrated from NOW to NEST , if the same password was maintained that doesn't mean that password is not encrypted in the database.

Also let us not forget entry into db itself would require some authentication which normally dba's or some support team will have.

Discussion about password encryption will dilute the purpose of this thread and of course for all technical discussions we do have some other web sites ;-)

Best Regards,
TradingStar

yusi

You seem to be overly concerned about password encryption. When you migrated from NOW to NEST , if the same password was maintained that doesn't mean that password is not encrypted in the database.

Also let us not forget entry into db itself would require some authentication which normally dba's or some support team will have.
Most likely you're right; and you would have more insight having been a developer with the organization.

Folks do not generally go to the bank where they have an online account, and ask about encryption used, etc., unless an event occurs where there could be a reason to believe otherwise. In this case, the event was about Zerodha's backoffice passwords (not NOW or NEST as I wrongly stated earlier).

That passwords are visible is not a concern; for example in Unix, user login passwords may be stored in a plain text file visible to all, without even a requirement of dba authentication... but as you say this is a technical part of the discussion that we need not have here.