Nifty Futures Trading Part 2 (Positional)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Czar

hey you are too senti mate, I was just debating not arguing, really sorry dint know you took it otherwise, after all through debating only do we come to logic... you may point something which i miss & vice versa... & I really never said you were wrong in the trade, you were perfect, just that in nifty I am a little passive to trade... I judge nifty to enter exit other positions

mitasatyajit

i think it has become a norm now in this forum... attacking some of my views/statements every second day...I just read others' views & digest it in my brain, and only question them when i dont understand that thing. I may correct their mistakes, but i dont declare that they are WRONG.
And please, being a trader, I have full right to enter long or short according to nifty levels (positional or intra).
Today, I have a positional long (with mini or options), but tomorrow I may also short at 4300 (using big nifty) for intraday or scalping...

I think it's better if i become a passive member of this thread & just take views from others (who takes me seriously, by the way?)
No Sunil u must post ur views, many of us are being helped from ur views.

Sunil

hey you are too senti mate, I was just debating not arguing, really sorry dint know you took it otherwise, after all through debating only do we come to logic... you may point something which i miss & vice versa... & I really never said you were wrong in the trade, you were perfect, just that in nifty I am a little passive to trade... I judge nifty to enter exit other positions
let it be vivek, i m sorry... don't have enough nerves left to take it anymore...
actually since last few days, i m getting that feeling from this forum just as uhhh "tata motors is getting at Singur"..
i think u guys dont know what i have been thru in this forum...
sachi kahaa hain kisine... doosron ka bhalaa socho, khud musibat mein phas jaao...
yaar, tu hi to mera dost hain yahaan par bombay se....
sorry again, for loosing cool

Sunil

just that in nifty I am a little passive to trade... I judge nifty to enter exit other positions
i don't know how u manage, but i began my trading career doing the same thing... but i used to get failures in stocks, as they are more prone to sudden news, sentiments, etc....
that's when i turned to nifty, and i trade in nifty ONLY...

C

Czar

You'd be surprised how resilient individual stocks can be, Nifty get haywire to every single news around, for positions I rather prefer stocks + on returns scale with same investments we get bigger moves in stocks, so why bother with nifty, IMHO

L

learn2trade08

Dear satyajit sir,
I have a feeling you are a good friend of soumya,any clue where he is?Waiting on todays intraday data....:-(
thanks

Question for Everybody: Isn't it true that technicals discount and capture everything, and as a purist, one should look purely at price action - don't care about volume, expiry, cues from crude, Dow, Inflation, US GDP, etc. - everything is captured in price action. Given all this, and it being a backdrop of perfect news (as of 11.55PM) - much lower than expected WPI inflation, falling crude, high (3.3%) US GDP, and given SGX Nifty Cues, a gap up seems virtually assured.

What kind of action would you look for in your daily charts before putting on a positional trade in Sep Nifty? I benefited from your advice yday and played the market from the short side, although captured only small moves. Would you go long on a strong gap-up in Nifty and if so, at what level (assuming no overnight long position) - Isn't it true that strong gap up markets (say +40 on Nifty) very often continue to move higher during the day, and may not fill the gap for several trading sessions?

Different opinions are welcome and encouraged.

Thank you guys. I really like this forum - very educational.

My name is Ashish as well, but I don't want to cause confusion with my namesake, so going by parttimetrader.

Status
Not open for further replies.