NIFTY Options trade : Why and what-if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkon7

placed trigger buy at 93.50 for 5500 put.... its HOD
went to 90 and returned...

sl will be at 88.... if it triggers...

NF has to break its day's low... for 5500 put to break its day's high....

so 1st tgt will be 5468, day before's day low...

tgt 2 will be a new weekly low....

linkon7

exited old carry over positions.,..

new position taken :
5500 put and 5600 call strangle long at 140...

sl at 100.. tgt 250...

linkon7

exited old carry over positions.,..

new position taken :
5500 put and 5600 call strangle long at 140...

sl at 100.. tgt 250...
this is very delta neutral and with increase in vix and 4 days of pause which could be accumulation or distribution, we are supposed to move on. But looks like we are going to grind here for some time....

Worst possible scenario would be open at 5550 and then a salsa dance of 30 points step up and 40 points step down.

strangle bot at 140....closed at 138... expecting a cut of 10 points today if worst case scenario plays out.

Good news is.... more it stagnates further the distance it can go... down side tgt is no longer 5355-5310..it can shoot to 5177-4900. Like wise up side tgt can be 5910-5950. Only worry factor is time. But MAY is a month that can go crazy and i have my fingers crossed....

mean time will have to job the positions for 10-12 points every day, if i plan to carry it till next week....

linkon7

Nightmare on option's screen
is a new horror movie that's playing on my positions... worst part is.. nothing to be done... market is going to punch me on the face and i have to take it like a man.... Patience is going to pay out....

linkon7

Nightmare on option's screen
is a new horror movie that's playing on my positions... worst part is.. nothing to be done... market is going to punch me on the face and i have to take it like a man.... Patience is going to pay out....
50 point up and then couldn't sustain above 5600.... Not a healthy sign for my long strangle.. its trading at 135 now... vix is falling... so bracing myself for another 5-6 point cut by eod if we dont break out of 5600 today....

Status
Not open for further replies.