• To trade in Cash market

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Overall trading has improved with OAT

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Understanding of Options has improved with OAT

Votes: 57 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vijay, it's done the old way, maybe Raj could include an update and save me the trouble :), btw I have done fii analysis for the last two instances where Nifty turned corner after hitting low and it clearly shows the diff this time
The analysis is presented below, the three blue bars represent the lows done and reversal the next day continuing in a upswing... comparing the previous two instances with the present will clearly show the difference.
15-April - FII's were marginally short
26- June, FII's had booked profits and were playing through options
16-aug - All hell breaks loose, see the short positions confidently created

arcus

The analysis is presented below, the three blue bars represent the lows done and reversal the next day continuing in a upswing... comparing the previous two instances with the present will clearly show the difference.
15-April - FII's were marginally short
26- June, FII's had booked profits and were playing through options
16-aug - All hell breaks loose, see the short positions confidently created

Look at those client suckers. :D They are massively long in both futures and options.

They are attempting to take on FII's single handedly.

They would probably get massacred in the coming few weeks.

jagankris

Look at those client suckers. :D They are massively long in both futures and options.

They are attempting to take on FII's single handedly.

They would probably get massacred in the coming few weeks.
Not few weeks but before this expiry :D.
Market makers are net short.
FII's are net short in Index futures with just 27094 lots.
During the pullback their put positions decreased from 66% to 56%.
But short in the index with net 774079 lots of put.
FII's put position increased from 56% to 62% on Aug 16th.
Poor retail clients are deluded by hopium of a reversal - nice term by a fellow TJ member.

arcus

Can u pl let us know the diff in the formulas of both smoothened & w/o smoothened RSI?

Pl share ur experience on the significance of both.
Here is the code for Pure RSI

If you are using Amibroker you dont need the code for Smoothened RSI because its the default RSI.

I'll try to post an article on the difference between both of them in my blog but in short,

Smoothened RSI for 14 days takes a lot of data points into consideration for arriving at the RSI figure. Somewhere from 40 to 150, sometimes even more. I don't know how many data points Amibroker takes into consideration.

What that supposedly does is make it more accurate but with a lag.

Smoothened RSI also appears "smoother" than pure RSI. For example, if the Pure RSI goes from 60 to 70 to 60 then Smoothened RSI would probably be like 60 to 63 to 60. Removes out the sharp edges.

mangup

Here is the code for Pure RSI

If you are using Amibroker you dont need the code for Smoothened RSI because its the default RSI.

I'll try to post an article on the difference between both of them in my blog but in short,

Smoothened RSI for 14 days takes a lot of data points into consideration for arriving at the RSI figure. Somewhere from 40 to 150, sometimes even more. I don't know how many data points Amibroker takes into consideration.

What that supposedly does is make it more accurate but with a lag.

Smoothened RSI also appears "smoother" than pure RSI. For example, if the Pure RSI goes from 60 to 70 to 60 then Smoothened RSI would probably be like 60 to 63 to 60. Removes out the sharp edges.
Thanks arcus !
I am not using AB, is it possible for u to give the code for Metastock?

arcus

Not few weeks but before this expiry :D.
Market makers are net short.
FII's are net short in Index futures with just 27094 lots.
During the pullback their put positions decreased from 66% to 56%.
But short in the index with net 774079 lots of put.
FII's put position increased from 56% to 62% on Aug 16th.
Poor retail clients are deluded by hopium of a reversal - nice term by a fellow TJ member.
I have heard of that word before, even google has a nice little web definition for it.
Thanks arcus !
I am not using AB, is it possible for u to give the code for Metastock?
I don't know the Metastock code for it. You could try asking in the Metastock forum.