• To trade in Cash market

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Overall trading has improved with OAT

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Understanding of Options has improved with OAT

Votes: 57 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Market opened GAP Down and so we have to find a LEVEL to short. Anybody trading with Stoploss would not make such a statement.

If you look at the 30 minute Pivots for the day,

Market gave profit in both the directions. On the UP side market gave 68 points and on the downside it gave 115 points.

So you cannot trade blindly.

5561 to 5592 - 30 points
5592 to 5510 - 82 points
5510 to 5548 - 38 points
5548 to 5516 - 31 points.
You will get trapped if you try to play levels on such a day. Based on yesterdays Excel, the first trade I took was getting out of longs I had taken at 5713 on Aug 14 and then immediately reversed @5690. I just sat on it without having to look at other levels. It did shake me out at 5610, but when I saw double top at 5607 on future, I shorted again. Came out at 5570 as I thought it would hold, but I didn't find a need to go long at all. That's what I meant by saying why be biased about going long, either short or don't play when trends play out

Market opened GAP Down and so we have to find a LEVEL to short. Anybody trading with Stoploss would not make such a statement.

If you look at the 30 minute Pivots for the day,

Market gave profit in both the directions. On the UP side market gave 68 points and on the downside it gave 115 points.

So you cannot trade blindly.

5561 to 5592 - 30 points
5592 to 5510 - 82 points
5510 to 5548 - 38 points
5548 to 5516 - 31 points.
God help if you are a scalper on days like this. You should have nerves of steel and dexterity to get in and out of positions,better to go with overall trend. A buyer would have got multiple attacks today

hi all,
I am new this forum
today the writing was on the wall due to two reasons
first :- NF breaking and falling below the channel on 13 aug
second :- the dorji harami formation in sgx cnx nifty on 14 aug trade
and one more thing was Raj option vol chart trying to warn us on this....
any way I have started collating the charts and study seems interesting ... like a shy women

FII Analysis for 16th Aug trade
Lets see if there is some respite with FII data

As seen from above, FII's have once again massively shorted Index futures... i think they are well on the way to fill the long held gap that started this bull rally in the anticipation of free fall to 5300.. Is the 20L buying in 5300 Put an indication of this?? Also interesting thing is on the 5400 PE which still stands rock solid at 79L... They are all hoping that the long term support will hold..once nifty cracks 5470.. all the bets are off.. i think all the PE shorts are being held with a tight stop loss..
There is only one way that a massive bull rally can happen at this stage. Since the participants are so overtly short, any positive news can totally screw them up and then we'll see the mother of all rallies. So hope the Indian govt is listening

VJAY

Dear OT ,
Thanks for the nice observation on FII ...
Is this excel sheet posted anywhere in traderji?If so please reshare the link....

arcus

Which settings for RSI u r using? It's not 14 period. On daily Nifty spot charts it has never touched 70 on 23rd & 8.9 on 29th July?

The default RSI for Amibroker (and even Metastock) is actually "Smoothed RSI". I modified the AFL code and removed the smoothing process.

You can try it out to see if it "suits" you.

I renamed my RSI to "Pure RSI" if you see the chart above. It is the RSI without the smoothing and yes, it is 14 day "Pure" RSI.

The Website Chartink and another software called chartnexus also remove the smoothing and use "Pure RSI".

Last edited:

mangup

The default RSI for Amibroker (and even Metastock) is actually "Smoothed RSI". I modified the AFL code and removed the smoothing process.

You can try it out to see if it "suits" you.

I renamed my RSI to "Pure RSI" if you see the chart above. It is the RSI without the smoothing and yes, it is 14 day "Pure" RSI.

The Website Chartink and another software called chartnexus also remove the smoothing and use "Pure RSI".
Can u pl let us know the diff in the formulas of both smoothened & w/o smoothened RSI?

Pl share ur experience on the significance of both.

Dear OT ,
Thanks for the nice observation on FII ...
Is this excel sheet posted anywhere in traderji?If so please reshare the link....
Vijay, it's done the old way, maybe Raj could include an update and save me the trouble :), btw I have done fii analysis for the last two instances where Nifty turned corner after hitting low and it clearly shows the diff this time

Last edited: