Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Overall trading has improved with OAT

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Understanding of Options has improved with OAT

Votes: 57 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just gave it a try, please share your views...
There is a saying, barking dogs dont bite, but in reality do those dogs know the saying... In short, all technical charts are self prophesizing if people follow them.. if they decide not to... you will get a new chart (a.k.a) new support

Lets see if FII's follow up on their friday trades

arcus

There is a saying, barking dogs dont bite, but in reality do those dogs know the saying... In short, all technical charts are self prophesizing if people follow them.. if they decide not to... you will get a new chart (a.k.a) new support

I disagree, I don't think technical analysis is just self fulfilling prophecy.

Technical analysis is nothing but studying mass psychology. People behave in predictable patterns when placed in a herd.

Technical charts had been working even before the study of technical analysis began.

You can look at the chart of the Tulip Bubble which occurred almost 400 years back, you will see a nice uptrend (bubble) followed by a downtrend (subsequent crash) which is the building blocks on which TA is based.

DanPickUp

Technical analysis is nothing but studying mass psychology. People behave in predictable patterns when placed in a herd.

Technical charts had been working even before the study of technical analysis began.

You can look at the chart of the Tulip Bubble which occurred almost 400 years back, you will see a nice uptrend (bubble) followed by a downtrend (subsequent crash) which is the building blocks on which TA is based.
The story of the tulip went on as many people got bankruptcy from speculating on it. They then went to the government in the Netherlands and ask for help (As the banks do now today when ever they speculated to much and cheated all of us in what ever way, they go to there goverments what ever country they are). The government then told them that they will need some time to discuss what has to be done. And by the way: That is a true story. After some time the government told the bankrupted banks and speculators this (in a nutshell):

Speculating is a fever. A fever is a kind of sickness. If people are sick, they must go to the doctor and not come to us, as we rule the country and are not in charge of any fever people became on speculation.

Regardless how many after that announcement jumped under a coming horse cart :lol::lol: (Today it would be a train or jumping from the bridge), the country and its banks survived it. Imagine all the governments today would act like that. :D The world would look different and the international dept crisis would have an other face, if even one.

Take care / DanPickUp

Edit: Most of us do not jump from our bride to die instead we jump from a bridge. :D That was the spelling mistake. :lol:

Last edited:

Agree, mass psychology, everyone believes or tends to believe a level to hold.candlestick is also based on rice traders of Japan. It's a chicken and egg, the levels are formed because large number of people believe a level to hold, and then the trades invariably follow. See the freak trade that made Nifty go into a tail spin, a punch of wrong trades and viola, no ta or fa.

manojborle

Sir I am not an experienced trader like you but a learner.
I had clearly said in my post "gave it a try" and requested people to share their views and not what they know about the sayings.
I feel there is always a polite way to answer a query and not discouraging somebody by posting like this.
You can always say that your view is different or if you are more generous point out the mistake made in analysing.
The forum is for this purpose only.

Anyways it is a weekly chart and we have a week ahead to see where it goes and where is the SUPPORT.

The otp sheet shows pivot levels are as bottom 5331 and top 5441 and the nf low is 5425 then what will i do buy nf or sell nf