• To trade in Cash market

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Overall trading has improved with OAT

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Understanding of Options has improved with OAT

Votes: 57 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am carrying my 5400 PE for tomorrow. No specific reason to carry. Just my ego and my aggression. Let us see tomorrow :).

There is only one Technical Reason that the MAX OI is at 5300-5700.
And the normal thumb rule that normally in NIFTY any trend will minimum make 500 points.

Psychologically the whole day I was fighting with myself keep my positions and it would not be good if I now close now with a Loss. So let me hold my positions.

In fact Yesterday also the same thing happened. I was holding my 5400 PE bought at 87 and this morning I closed at 140. So may be it is the same trade. But today I have reduced my positions to half of yesterday. so net net I will not be at a Loss

This is not for others to Follow. I am just putting whatever is in my heart :)
Stop loss helps, strange market, never seen such whipsaws

VJAY

Stop loss helps, strange market, never seen such whipsaws
Dear OT,
If we use TA then no one say todays action as whipsaw...atleast we must out from SHORTS yesterday...as in confuse we not take longs....

manojborle

Connecting just two points do not make a valid trendline. You need 3 points to make a valid trendline.

Even then, we need atleast confirmation of technical indicators/candlesticks to support a valid trendline.
Sir i know that that we need 3 points to make a valid trendline..
In my chart also i did not mention anywhere that it is a valid trendline, I had said that it has formed a trading range and should go up from here na dif you see weekly chart yesterdays close was exactly at the line which I had drawn, so it supported my view and nothing else.
Even the freak trade in oct 2012 had also gone below this line and closed up which can be considered as points 3 ..
ans yes if it doesn't close above 5470 - 5480 by this week and closes below the line I had drawn then I will say the trading range is broken to the downside..

healthraj

Disappointing day for me with LONG Puts going for 50%. But still managed to Short at the opening at 5490 and managed to Recover part of my losses.

OAT indicates a STRONG BULL with 5500 becoming a BULL today. So we have to watch 5500 Strike COI. Right now CE 2.6L PE @ 5.3L - Favoring BULL
With 100 points GAP UP No levels will work.

It is an Operators market with Yesterday 100 points DOWN and 100 points UP. Today it could be a repeat of Yesterday with GAP up of 100 points and the 100 points on the downside.

With MAX COI at the Bottom could be 5380 and Top could be 5611 - You can see this in OAT. The pivot is at 5496 - Market made a high of 5498

manojborle

There is a saying, barking dogs dont bite, but in reality do those dogs know the saying... In short, all technical charts are self prophesizing if people follow them.. if they decide not to... you will get a new chart (a.k.a) new support

Lets see if FII's follow up on their friday trades
Sir what about the barking dogs now and I never said in my chart also that it is going to new high or so again, only said it looks like a trading range on weekly chart , so instead of this barking dogs and all you could have politely said that your view is different from me and if not then just ignoring would have been enough.
Nobody is perfect and bound to make mistake and learner like me with no financial background will definitely make mistakes, so please just bare with me.

Anyways I will watch spot level of 5477 to 5548 closely and if closes inside will be supporting my view.

Thanks

VJAY

Sir what about the barking dogs now and I never said in my chart also that it is going to new high or so again, only said it looks like a trading range on weekly chart , so instead of this barking dogs and all you could have politely said that your view is different from me and if not then just ignoring would have been enough.
Nobody is perfect and bound to make mistake and learner like me with no financial background will definitely make mistakes, so please just bare with me.

Anyways I will watch spot level of 5477 to 5548 closely and if closes inside will be supporting my view.

Thanks
:thumb::thumb::clapping::clapping::)

arcus

Sir i know that that we need 3 points to make a valid trendline..
In my chart also i did not mention anywhere that it is a valid trendline
Yes. You did not mention anywhere that it is a valid trendline but you also did not mention anywhere that it is a tentative trendline.

I had said that it has formed a trading range and should go up from here na dif you see weekly chart yesterdays close was exactly at the line which I had drawn, so it supported my view and nothing else.
ans yes if it doesn't close above 5470 - 5480 by this week and closes below the line I had drawn then I will say the trading range is broken to the downside..
On one hand you say an intraweek daily close has confirmed your weekly trendline and on the other hand you are saying you need to wait till the week ends to see if your trendline is broken.

That is silly. Be consistent.

Since you drew a weekly trendline wait for atleast this week to get over before you get one more complete candle on your chart.

As I also said before, there are no indicators or candlesticks confirming your view. You also need to show them to support a view.

so it supported my view and nothing else.
What is that supposed to mean?

Even the freak trade in oct 2012 had also gone below this line and closed up which can be considered as points 3 ..
You are contradicting yourself in the same statement. On one hand you are saying what happened in Oct 2012 was a freak trade and on the other hand you want to consider it as a trendline point. Its ironic.

You asked for others opinion and I gave you mine. I never said your chart was "right" or "wrong". I just gave you my opinion.

Thanks
Chillax, what I put out is called an idiom, analogy in English, about self fulfilling prophecy, not directed at you, it will be more profitable if you concentrate on your longs then write these posts. Here's another one for you, "one swallow doesn't make a summer" and no I'm not calling you a swallow :p