Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Overall trading has improved with OAT

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Understanding of Options has improved with OAT

Votes: 57 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

healthraj

Disappointing day for me with LONG Puts going for 50%. But still managed to Short at the opening at 5490 and managed to Recover part of my losses.

OAT indicates a STRONG BULL with 5500 becoming a BULL today. So we have to watch 5500 Strike COI. Right now CE 2.6L PE @ 5.3L - Favoring BULL
With 100 points GAP UP No levels will work.

It is an Operators market with Yesterday 100 points DOWN and 100 points UP. Today it could be a repeat of Yesterday with GAP up of 100 points and the 100 points on the downside.

With MAX COI at the Bottom could be 5380 and Top could be 5611 - You can see this in OAT. The pivot is at 5496 - Market made a high of 5498
5500 has become a BEAR

manojborle

Chillax, what I put out is called an idiom, analogy in English, about self fulfilling prophecy, not directed at you, it will be more profitable if you concentrate on your longs then write these posts. Here's another one for you, "one swallow doesn't make a summer" and no I'm not calling you a swallow :p
Sir bought 56 ce @ 12 yesterday and booked @ 25 today

healthraj

This thread has become some kind of a trash or a Road side Restroom, with everybody coming and giving some retrospective view after the market is closed. So if you have confidence then give your call during the markets hours and see if it works, rather than being critical about other's calls and views.

I know everyone has their own opinion. One of my boss used to say "Opinions are like A?? holes. Everybody has one". So in a forum we should be careful if that opinion matters or does it create any positive impact. Please do not use this thread to settle your personal scores or views.

If you have a view on where the market will go, any Calls on Options etc, please post. Otherwise please refrain from such unproductive posts.

Yes, volatility increases in bear markets.

In the chart above we see how ATR% has been in a range and breaks out to a new range as the market changes its trend.

The first ellipse and arrow on the ATR% (showing the ATR breakout and formation of a new higher ATR range) roughly corresponds to the point where the market changed from an intermediate uptrend to an intermediate sideways trend.

The second ellipse and arrow on the ATR% (showing the second breakout) shows how the market changed its intermediate trend from sideways to down.

Rising ATR% indicates rising volatility which are characteristic of bear markets.

Bear markets are characterised by not only sharp downmoves but also some sharp upmoves.

One has to watch out for that, especially if they are trading a high beta scrip/index.
Makes sense, even Raj had mentioned Max pain @5500, guess it just played out. Yes pullbacks are sharp, playing intraday seems better than positional at this stage.

jamit_05

I really don't under stand this, maybe arcus can chip in if he finds this meaningful, I would be positionally short if it closes below 5530, not able to access latest news, but I think this is a false pullback
If one were short, he'd react to the long tail. Plus, the FED news around the corner and the market being oversold that long tail could reverse the trend if the trendline re-test fails.

VJAY

I really don't under stand this, maybe arcus can chip in if he finds this meaningful, I would be positionally short if it closes below 5530, not able to access latest news, but I think this is a false pullback
Yes OT it may be pullback ....but if one with pos short not hold it looking the close of NF ....although its my view and closed my short in BNF yday.....

Sorry raj bhai to made confussions in your thread....will in future only post relating options........sorry bhai :)

manojborle

This thread has become some kind of a trash or a Road side Restroom, with everybody coming and giving some retrospective view after the market is closed. So if you have confidence then give your call during the markets hours and see if it works, rather than being critical about other's calls and views.

I know everyone has their own opinion. One of my boss used to say "Opinions are like A?? holes. Everybody has one". So in a forum we should be careful if that opinion matters or does it create any positive impact. Please do not use this thread to settle your personal scores or views.

If you have a view on where the market will go, any Calls on Options etc, please post. Otherwise please refrain from such unproductive posts.
Sir If I would have been confident enough I would have not asked people about their views and if this is the way you guys respond to newcomers then sorry I am at wrong place.
Will post my views only where they are welcome and can be debated in a constructive manners.

Good bye Happy trading

healthraj

Sir If I would have been confident enough I would have not asked people about their views and if this is the way you guys respond to newcomers then sorry I am at wrong place.
Will post my views only where they are welcome and can be debated in a constructive manners.

Good bye Happy trading
Manojborle, It was not intended for you. It was a general post to bring this thread back to some constructive posts. Staying in this thread is your choice. But my intention was not to chase anybody out of this thread. Nobody is a master in trading. Neither do I.

So if you want to post your views, post it during the market hours and not retrospectively.