Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Overall trading has improved with OAT

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Understanding of Options has improved with OAT

Votes: 57 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

healthraj

In the Last two days, I was expecting a 5250 since the market was coming down from 5750 and so I was expecting a 500 points minimum. But since there is no signal in OAT which suggests a 5250, I think it is better to close the Short positions at the current levels. 5350 or 5320 might be tested today. So it would be better to expect a pullback from 5300 levels rather than expecting 5250

5308 SPOT was the Previous Low. So I will run the Short positions till 5320...
As per the 500 points theory, I hope 5250 will also me met today. So as suggested earlier at 5250, Take a Naked Call for at least 200 points on the UP side

healthraj

I am selling the 5200 PE - 5400 CE Pair for 100. Everyday market cannot make this 200 points movement. So tomorrow if it has to be a premium eating day then this pair should give the necessary profit. I am expecting the market to bounce back. The Sell call is taken at around 5280. And so it should be profitable around 5330 or if the VOLT comes down. Today the VOLT is around 28%. But the Average VOLT is only 22%.

Last edited:
If there should be a Reversal now at 5300, then 5400 and 5300 COI should interchange. 5400 is now looking BULLISH and so it should become BEAR with positions getting squared off. In the morning there 13L positions now it is 9.5L.
5300PE should have some +ve value.

So watch 5300 and 5400 for Reversal
5400 going to bear but not change in 5300

healthraj

Raj...y'day low was 5200 in nf..... should we wait till that point or go long @ 5250 itself ? ... don't u think nf will slide all the way to 5200...
Yes 50 points on downside is still possible. But normally after a 500 points on the DOWNside market does a U turn for at least 250 points, which would be 5500. Plus one more indicator is the MAX Pain still at 5500. So market can Revisit 5500 before Expiry or Market can even expire around 5500. But it is a Positional Call. Better to Trade 5500CE which is now available at @ 17.

Last edited:

healthraj

I am selling the 5200 PE - 5400 CE Pair for 100. Everyday market cannot make this 200 points movement. So tomorrow if it has to be a premium eating day then this pair should give the necessary profit. I am expecting the market to bounce back. The Sell call is taken at around 5280. And so it should be profitable around 5330 or if the VOLT comes down. Today the VOLT is around 28%. But the Average VOLT is only 22%.
The Pair closed at 91.25 with 8 points profit. Let us see tomorrow what happens. The 5200PE VOLT is around 32%. 5400CE is 23.3. So a sudden drop in PE VOLT should help our position. The VOLT Trend chart shows more or less a Tick mark (Bullish pattern).

healthraj

Looking in Retrospection, Yesterday I thought market would make 5250 and bought 5400 PE. I did not close the positions. Today Market opened with a GAP UP of 100 points and forced me to close the positions. But then today my yesterday's target was met. I somehow managed to Breakeven today with Fresh Short positions but then I missed. So my question, is there anything that we learn out of this Retrospection. Nothing :).

Moral of the story : Same rules don't apply for Positional and Intraday. I am going to Stick to Intraday and trade with a Stoploss. Or May be try these positional Trades for a % (May be max 20%) of my capital.

VJAY

Looking in Retrospection, Yesterday I thought market would make 5250 and bought 5400 PE. I did not close the positions. Today Market opened with a GAP UP of 100 points and forced me to close the positions. But then today my yesterday's target was met. I somehow managed to Breakeven today with Fresh Short positions but then I missed. So my question, is there anything that we learn out of this Retrospection. Nothing :).

Moral of the story : Same rules don't apply for Positional and Intraday. I am going to Stick to Intraday and trade with a Stoploss. Or May be try these positional Trades for a % (May be max 20%) of my capital.
Yes raj...yday also you had s/l ...but you mixed it with positional...so great decission.....all the best :)

Raj... its rare to get these 100-200 points move on a daily basis... Intraday, only pair makes sense, otherwise its difficult to play intraday with options. Ideally the best would be something like Jamit's future... you enter with a small risk and build on to it..not sure on how to work out that with only 1 months play in options...