• To trade in Cash market

Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Overall trading has improved with OAT

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Understanding of Options has improved with OAT

Votes: 57 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes 50 points on downside is still possible. But normally after a 500 points on the DOWNside market does a U turn for at least 250 points, which would be 5500. Plus one more indicator is the MAX Pain still at 5500. So market can Revisit 5500 before Expiry or Market can even expire around 5500. But it is a Positional Call. Better to Trade 5500CE which is now available at @ 17.
I think you will be proven absolutely right. It might test 5500 again tomorrow

Hi
I think the direction of our markets in the near term will be decided by the Fed minutes.

It should be released at around 11:30 PM Indian time.

Lets see the US markets reaction to it.
Arcus can you provide a summary before market opens, I'm in a training from early morning and won't have access to news before market opens.

Not able to post, is this thread locked? Can only edit previous posts

Last edited:

healthraj

For 22-aug-13.

5363 seems to be the Pivot for today With low as 5222. Market made high of 5341.
As told yesterday 5250 (exact) acted as the Support in the morning.

In the Pivot chart, It is sell below 5331. And the Sell is live now.

The Pait 5200-5400 that we took yesterday around 98-100 is now trading at around 90-92. The VOLT is not coming down and so close now with whatever profits you have. We can trade the pair later when the market makes low 5220

Last edited:

healthraj

Hi Raj...where can I access the pivot chart?
From my MTP Tool... I will soon merge the Pivots into the OAT tool and upload another version. For the time being use the MTP tool for the Pivots based on the timeframe that you trade. The pivots that I provide here are either 30 minute or 60 minute. For Options should not use anything less that 30min or 60 min for Entry. For Exit you can use any time frame

arcus

Yeah, it seems to have been locked earlier. I tried to post but it didn't allow.

Anyway,

The Fed disappointed the US markets yesterday. We saw an initial rally in the Dow which was quickly sold into in the US markets.

What the Fed did in its minutes is

1) Most officials within the Fed were comfortable with scaling back of the bond buying program which is going to take the world in risk off mode.

2) Remained unclear on when it will taper. Markets hate uncertainty from the central banks. So the markets gave this a thumbs down.

All in all, its not good news for Indian or for that matter even US equities.

healthraj

For today make sure you enter either for a Short around 5340-5360. And a Long around 5220-5240. Those who have gone long around 5250, Can try and close around 5340-5360. Market already made the top of 5341. But I would think that it would make the top of 5360. So do not rush your trades.

Right now NIFTY is in FLAG formation. Looking at the FLAG it seems to be a BULL FLAG

Last edited:

healthraj

For today make sure you enter either for a Short around 5340-5360. And a Long around 5220-5240. Those who have gone long around 5250, Can try and close around 5340-5360. Market already made the top of 5341. But I would think that it would make the top of 5360. So do not rush your trades.

Right now NIFTY is in FLAG formation. Looking at the FLAG it seems to be a BULL FLAG
If it is a BULL FLAG then it has to break the 5311

The FLAG is now fully formed. So we can expect a Breakout anytime.

So buy above 5295 SPOT or SELL BELOW 5275 SPOT

Last edited: