Nifty Option's trading.... Earn regardless of where the market goes !!

arnav_rulz

Arnav your strategies are gud , but the thumb rule in such trades are either book all together or dont book at all. rolling your margin intraday is fine .. if you were bearish for the day and booked your put early in the day .. either at the bottom u shud have sold put agian or shud have covered the call as well.
See normally i wouldnt have agrreed with you if nifty did break 4200 level that day and closed below it because then markets would have looked meuch bearish and we could have easily kept a stop profit on 4600 calls ...

But that day i made a mistake by not selling back 4200 Put that i covered earlier because nifty bounced back from the support and unlike my thread, i almost took a positional trade and went away with my emotions... (apologies for that)

Should have only Left 4600 calls blank if market was below 4200... But Still as we were already in profit in that strategy, Our stop can always be brought to our Cost price(as i told every1 to do....) and get out of the trade without any loss....

arnav_rulz

Thanks Arnav for explaining your strategy (it is nothing but "Selling a Strangle").

In my view, this 4200-4600 strngle has 2 breakeven points - 1) 4600+ premium recieved and 2) 4200-Premium recieved.
As long as market is within two breakeven points, there should not be any hurry to book profit. "Selling " strategies have time in our favour and with every passing day, our profit is going to go up.
If square-off is required, then it has to be for complete position. otherwise, after closing one leg, the strategy changes from "range bound mkt oriented" to "mkt direction oriented".. (in your case, after closing PUT position, you are left with bearish position and any upmove is going to heart now). Had it been left as it was, any loss in Call premium due to upmove would have been compensated by fall in the premium of PUT.

Happy Trading
I agree with you 50%.... But honestly my strategy was not only selling of the 4600 calls but also Buying of 4600 Put + selling of 4300 Calls...

So any move upside would have hurt me only a bit, (as i had a stop @ cost for the blank 4600 calls as i mentioned earlier...), but if the markets did go up then my other strategy would have paid off.

{This is the reason why my Strategy was not A simple Straggle, but a mix of 2-3 things)

*Sorry for replying so late.... honestly i dont know how that happnd, i thought i had replied earlier but dunno if i lost those posts or what my fcked net did to me :S

*I hope now some1 would understand y i made 2 strategies at 1 time and posted them together and not seperatly as other boarders asked me to do ...

arnav_rulz

** Ppl who want to use my strategies .... Give me your Wildest Range For October and I will try and work out a Almost no Risk strategy for that range.

*Your range be as big as you want, but just be realistic to yourself and dont say non-practical range such as 3000-6000 :confused: lol.

pasha

** Ppl who want to use my strategies .... Give me your Wildest Range For October and I will try and work out a Almost no Risk strategy for that range.
October is going to be the most volatile month so far. 20% up or down is very possible, thats the range you need to work with.

*Your range be as big as you want, but just be realistic to yourself and dont say non-practical range such as 3000-6000 :confused: lol.

Hi Arnav,

Let me try to guess the range for October 08, I would think Nifty3600-4800 should be ok.

Best Wishes,

Smart_trade

Arnav , thanx for all the effort ur puting in , just plz try to post / update on daily basis if you can or atlest once in between 2-3 days depending upon the market

for october i think 3800 - 4700 must be the range to watch out

for making the strategies simpler with less margin i think you can try strangles and straddles or combination of puts and calls whatever u feel just my suggestion i find trading strangels and straddles much simpler and safe and oct ig going to be a volatile month so this may be a good one to trade

thanks again for all ur updates and posting

arnav_rulz

Let me just compile the different ranges that i got.....

pasha ---> 3600-5200 {taking 20%)
Smart trade --->3600-4800
Bandlab----->4100-4700 (very short range... I expect atleast 1 side to break...)
Rahul --->3800-4700

Hmm ohk fine ... Let me try and put my mind into it .... Will try and work something out for every1 if i can ....

Will post something by tonight or tomorrow After seeing the Call/put rates.

*Will try and use a max of 3-4(exposed) lots, maybe even 2(exposed) lots could do the trick, lets see

pkamalesh

Let me just compile the different ranges that i got.....

pasha ---> 3600-5200 {taking 20%)
Smart trade --->3600-4800
Bandlab----->4100-4700 (very short range... I expect atleast 1 side to break...)
Rahul --->3800-4700

Hmm ohk fine ... Let me try and put my mind into it .... Will try and work something out for every1 if i can ....

Will post something by tonight or tomorrow After seeing the Call/put rates.

*Will try and use a max of 3-4(exposed) lots, maybe even 2(exposed) lots could do the trick, lets see
Hi arnav...can u teach me the stratergy that u use for these rangebound calculations?

arnav_rulz

Hi arnav...can u teach me the stratergy that u use for these rangebound calculations?
Should i help you with
1)How to make a strategy ?
Or
2)Are you asking me how i made these ranges ?

1) Well when i myself work something out(if i do..), i will tell the strategy and you can learn from that and ask me any questions regarding that...

2)I didnt make the ranges, These are some ranges that other members are guessing:p/are thinking about...