Nifty : Real time discussions...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbear

I think our index is easier to manipulate...! the weak stocks get kicked out and only a basket of strong stocks are kept in the index. It gives a false sense of direction while the broader market bleeds.

Operators find it easy to hold few stocks and sucker the retail into false sense of ALL-IZ-WELL...!
May be it's happening right now!

:D:D:D:D

linkon7

Must be true in any mkt as index always consists of a handful of stocks traded in the mkt. Do you also get the feeling the index is manipulated when the market goes in your expected direction?
big fish will manipulate...! Building the bias has to be done keeping all that in mind...! so far movement is as per expectations...!

3 trades so far....!

Long at 5138... exit at 5168...! (LOD above trend decider)

short at 5162 sl hit at 5172...! (5172 as strong supply)

short at 5167..sl at 5178...! (5172 acted as supply)

Last edited:
I think our index is easier to manipulate...! the weak stocks get kicked out and only a basket of strong stocks are kept in the index. It gives a false sense of direction while the broader market bleeds.

Operators find it easy to hold few stocks and sucker the retail into false sense of ALL-IZ-WELL...!
I would say that these are all make believe stories. The people who have the money to manipulate the markets surely have good systems. Then why try and put huge funds to manipulate? In any case, if you are manipulating, putting up several hundred crores, and some fii decides to sell, you either need a few hundred crores more to prop up the mkt, or you buckle and let it fold.

All make believe stories, in my opinion. In todays electronic markets, no one entity can control the market, at least not most of the time.

These stories are cooked up at the end of the day to justify a loosing day or a loosing trade by people whose psychology is not strong enough to take the blame on themselves or their systems.

The markets were manipulated today. Dow futures fell while I was long. The market makers just picked my stop before the markets took off in my direction. All such reasons are excuses for not wanting to go deeper into your own self.

Just my 2 trillion cents :)

trump

big fish will manipulate...! Building the bias has to be done keeping all that in mind...! so far movement is as per expectations...!

3 trades so far....!

Long at 5238... exit at 5168...! (LOD above trend decider)

short at 5162 sl hit at 5172...! (5172 as strong supply)

short at 5167..sl at 5178...! (5172 acted as supply)
The first trade - did you really take those 70 points loss or some typo like 5268 instead of 5168 :confused:

linkon7

May be it's happening right now!

:D:D:D:D
It happens all the time...! and there are manipulators on both sides of the market...!

That is why broader picture always helps...!

linkon7

The first trade - did you really take those 70 points loss or some typo like 5268 instead of 5168 :confused:
first long was 5138...!

trump

even if there is manipulation what difference does it make if one knows the mkt structure and knows how to read those correctly?

Bigbear

Its not..... it was in the days when there was manual trading in the BSE ring, and yours truly was one friends to many manipulators in that time. Now, at max, what works is insider trading with information leaked out before you and I come to know of it.
My friend, How do you know what what works or what doesn't.
A bit of history about you would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.