Nifty : Real time discussions...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkon7

One cannot push high volumes without affecting price, and the skewness would show up in the price as well as volume, manipulation in a way of insider information is possible , but cornering as in old days are distant possibilty now a days even in stocks, well one may say that there are some stocks which are operator driven , but then index manipulation, its nearly impossible because there are so many forces playing there.One wouldn't sit idle if one manipulates, be it HFT or algo or otherwise.
My dear... you need to grow up...! Read a report somewhere that 65% of all derivative volume comes from a handful of 60-70 accounts. It was a scary report...!

If FII wanted to go short in the index and go unnoticed, they buy put and short call. this synthetic short wont show up on the net transaction activity as option data will show zero activity. Its not feasible to know either when it is being manipulated. Lets face it...they are very smart people who have to get away with their activity under the scanner of authorities who keep very careful eye on their accounts.

The big players have the problem of pushing big volume. They can wait for charts to show bottom formations. They are the reason the bottom formations occur on our charts....!

Thats why objective of trading is to stay on the side on smart money...!

My dear... you need to grow up...! Read a report somewhere that 65% of all derivative volume comes from a handful of 60-70 accounts. It was a scary report...!

If FII wanted to go short in the index and go unnoticed, they buy put and short call. this synthetic short wont show up on the net transaction activity as option data will show zero activity. Its not feasible to know either when it is being manipulated. Lets face it...they are very smart people who have to get away with their activity under the scanner of authorities who keep very careful eye on their accounts.

The big players have the problem of pushing big volume. They can wait for charts to show bottom formations. They are the reason the bottom formations occur on our charts....!

And a massive 50% of trading NSE's derivatives trading turnover, the main pillar of the Indian stock market system, comes from just 106 investors of which 58 are proprietary traders!

I just googled this :)

trump

what about the changes in OI? what about the volumes in real time trading? may be the net activity is zero, but that doesn't mean that the whole activity was zero, well if you talk of smart money , yes they are with options, and you may be right to think that options can be manipulated smartly with strategies , but index manipulation, how, can you explain the mechanism?:D

Bigbear

Linkon bhai,
you are very knowledgeable , But why do you still follow a mechanical system .. When you can be on the side of smart money and have a good edge in markets?

Sumo, since you use IB, wanted to know why do the candles miss the trading at the edges? The candles show a high of 5175 and a low of 5314.80 whereas the actual traded H/l are 5175.65 and 5131? It does not happen at open alone. The high was not at open.

linkon7

Linkon bhai,
you are very knowledgeable , But why do you still follow a mechanical system .. When you can be on the side of smart money and have a good edge in markets?
even the best discretionary method is a product of rules and rules to break those rules...! In a sense, it too is mechanical but harder to define objectively.

I am known to have complex system for trading and i live upto that reputation. My system is mechanical in the sense that i dont take the trading decission, system does it for me. But system is only as smart as the creator of the system. So it takes me a lot of research to dig out ways to fine tune small modules of the system...!

trump

most important is that the system should have positive expectancy to be profitable in the long run, even then also the best systems are subject to redundancy in due course of time, so Linkon7 , how you cope with the time decay of the system ? how many markets or how many instruments you trade with your system? can you share some of your back test results:D

Status
Not open for further replies.