Nifty : Real time discussions...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkon7

We are again stuck in a 30 point range. But the range is higher than yesterday's range. This is hurting positional shorts as there seems no relief from the continuous higher high - higher low pattern.

Initiating long on break out of 5053 is very risky. Ideally a retracement to 5033-5026 is better entry with stop loss below the 4995 mark.

Short is only if we have an EOD close below the 4980 mark.

linkon7

The six hundred point run has been without any correction and in dollar terms we have already done 25% from the bottom. Big question is does it still have steam left to take it to 5424 and beyond. We are still in the break out mode. FII provisional figure is a net buy of 1240 cr on 27th'Jan and 1147 cr on day before. A whopping 9,046 cr has been pumped in this month so far vrs 5,954 cr selling by DII.

Going by the way consensus is building on the long side, the first dip to 5102-5006 will be bought aggressively. In the absence of any major news the Feb series promises to be dull sideways consolidation. The range has expanded and we are yet to form the top of the range and then the bottom formation will establish the trading range for the rest of the series.

The opportunity was in showing patience and wait for the dips. Somehow the dips never came and every big daddy is forced to chase or get left behind. Those who got left behind were forced to enter defensively at higher levels. The market is very weak now in the absence of shorts in the system. Only aggressive buying can take us higher.

The big question that arises is how to play this series. Those holding longs want to book some profit from the table. Do we initiate fresh longs here or do we initiate shorts and play for the correction.

Personally, I think opportunity is taking advantage of the low option pricing. I plan to Build defensive positions using puts. Buying 5100 put and shorting 5000 put + 4900 put, should give me enough protection on the up side.

EagleOne

The six hundred point run has been without any correction and in dollar terms we have already done 25% from the bottom. Big question is does it still have steam left to take it to 5424 and beyond. We are still in the break out mode. FII provisional figure is a net buy of 1240 cr on 27th'Jan and 1147 cr on day before. A whopping 9,046 cr has been pumped in this month so far vrs 5,954 cr selling by DII.

Going by the way consensus is building on the long side, the first dip to 5102-5006 will be bought aggressively...
It should turn around for correction towards 5000. It is due - from below max 5272 anyway. But I am not sure of it happening. I mean, the way the gap-ups are bottle-necking the supply side, it might prove disasterous. Then instead of aggressive dip, I would be looking forward to the arrival of a bearish KAAAAABOOOM!!! :D

columbus

IMO, Purely Day Trading ,not holding any positions.
Even in day trading, the situation is such that wild swings, specially in this results season, can cause all stoplosses to be hit. So, scalping seems to be the option.

linkon7

@ Linkonda, Can you please Guide me on these Charts ???
I am not good with WW. Bank nifty WW looks more valid.

SBI WW appears to have a bad structure.

linkon7

It should turn around for correction towards 5000. It is due - from below max 5272 anyway. But I am not sure of it happening. I mean, the way the gap-ups are bottle-necking the supply side, it might prove disasterous. Then instead of aggressive dip, I would be looking forward to the arrival of a bearish KAAAAABOOOM!!! :D
There is suddenly a lot of optimism and 5100 put and 5200 put saw huge addition of over 10 L each on the last session. 5200 put and 5100 put pricing suggest that market participants do not expect correction below 5100-5050 mark. Highest OI at 5000 put give a sense of complacency among the bulls about the 5000 level acting as new floor.

The next big trade appears to be buying the retracement of this rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.