Nifty : Real time discussions...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkon7

Nifty is showing signs of exhaustion. The run has been very sharp and almost linear.

But discount in nifty futures indicate a lack of shorts in the system. Fresh buyers have to overcome the order flow of fresh shorts+ profit booking of longs.

Short sellers have been on the receiving end of this rally. They have burnt their fingers have no valid stoploss right now.

Fresh long term buyers will buy if they feel there is another 150-200 points in the offering. If they feel, they can get in a cheaper rate, then they'll wait.

Overall, this accounts for the total lack in interest in either side. bulls want lower levels to initiate longs, bears waiting for a reason to pounce and not finding any foothold.

Overall, nifty traders like myself are getting killed for lack of opportunity. Some get impatient and dive in and caught in this slow drift.

msa5678

Nifty is showing signs of exhaustion. The run has been very sharp and almost linear.

But discount in nifty futures indicate a lack of shorts in the system. Fresh buyers have to overcome the order flow of fresh shorts+ profit booking of longs.

Short sellers have been on the receiving end of this rally. They have burnt their fingers have no valid stoploss right now.

Fresh long term buyers will buy if they feel there is another 150-200 points in the offering. If they feel, they can get in a cheaper rate, then they'll wait.

Overall, this accounts for the total lack in interest in either side. bulls want lower levels to initiate longs, bears waiting for a reason to pounce and not finding any foothold.

Overall, nifty traders like myself are getting killed for lack of opportunity. Some get impatient and dive in and caught in this slow drift.
Welcome back, Was missing your valuable insights.

linkon7

As per my own analysis, the NF zone between 4973 - 4988 is very critical. As long as bulls can defend that in the next one and a half hour, the up side remains open ended.

A EOD close below this zone and bears will have today's HOD as stop loss for fresh shorts. First target being 4915, where buying can resume.

A EOD close above this zone means momentum will continue on the up side. Good many people have missed this rally and are desperate to be part of it. Where it will stop is anyone's guess.

A very low vix (21.88) indicates lack of fear on the down side. It also means, options writing is going to be a killer. Buying options is not helping much.

it really sucks to be a nifty trader right now...!

msa5678

As per my own analysis, the NF zone between 4973 - 4988 is very critical. As long as bulls can defend that in the next one and a half hour, the up side remains open ended.

A EOD close below this zone and bears will have today's HOD as stop loss for fresh shorts. First target being 4915, where buying can resume.
A EOD close above this zone means momentum will continue on the up side. Good many people have missed this rally and are desperate to be part of it. Where it will stop is anyone's guess.

A very low vix (21.88) indicates lack of fear on the down side. It also means, options writing is going to be a killer. Buying options is not helping much.

it really sucks to be a nifty trader right now...!
Looks like the buying has resumed, In a big way.

linkon7

Looks like the buying has resumed, In a big way.
One way i look at the intention is the way the ATM/ITM options are being traded.

5000 call made new high but just by 2 points. 5000 put has broken 40 mark first time nf hit 5020, but after that there was no aggression in selling.

Lack of confidence on the part of option writers is a leading clue on the intention of the market.

So far, i still hold the view that without any visibility on how high we can go from here, everyone feels scared of buying above 5000 mark...! Any positive news from RBI on 24th is already factored in.

linkon7

Too many good news are getting factored in, I think.
Its a typical case of liquidity chasing price...! Where ever there is value, it keeps getting bought with a lot of aggression.

One thing is for sure, the first dip on eod TF will be bot very aggressively. people will forget about bear market and dream of 5500-5700...!

Status
Not open for further replies.