NOW to AmiBroker (YA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmike

yusi said:
For the specific case of Nifty spot, you can try the corresponding CNXNIFTY symbol of CDS if you are subscribed to that segment. I have not tried it (still working blind with respect to NSE/NFO/CDS in Nest Trader). Afaik, backfill data is not available. If live capture does not work, let me know and it should be a small twiddle to the code.
Have tried this sometime back in NOW. The utility does not pick up the live capture as all other data fields apart from LTP are zero/ null.

Suggestion - If the code does happen to be 'twiddled' :) to implement capture, then I would suggest that in the 'symbol translation' panel, the users express CNXNIFTY as an 'option' rather than as an 'index' as that would (probably!?) remove the (awkward :)) decimal placement and data can then be fed to the existing snapshot database of the Nifty ticker.

yusi

Have tried this sometime back in NOW. The utility does not pick up the live capture as all other data fields apart from LTP are zero/ null.

Suggestion - If the code does happen to be 'twiddled' :) to implement capture, then I would suggest that in the 'symbol translation' panel, the users express CNXNIFTY as an 'option' rather than as an 'index' as that would (probably!?) remove the (awkward :)) decimal placement and data can then be fed to the existing snapshot database of the Nifty ticker.
Oops, I forgot that CDS~CNXNIFTY is 4 decimal place. The direction of the workaround you suggest will not work though; and is the kind of kludge that is a coding nightmare (the ingenious like to call these 'business objects' :D).

rmike

yusi said:
the ingenious like to call these 'business objects'
Seriously don't envy you your 'business objects' :D

Must objectively tender that despite these wildcard 'business objects', the utility is a great tool :thumb: and whatever limitations that are, are at NOW's end - the clunky piece of monstrosity that it is!

Would look forward to incorporation of a module for google backfill for such 'NOW kludges', so that one can at least overcome these basic irritants.

P.S - In the meanwhile, possibly the incorporation of a couple liner symbol specific code on these lines viz.
if "CNXNIFTY", then P = LTP * 100; may be considered. Of course that is considering that this doesn't transform into another 'business object'! :D

yusi

Seriously don't envy you your 'business objects' :D

Must objectively tender that despite these wildcard 'business objects', the utility is a great tool :thumb: and whatever limitations that are, are at NOW's end - the clunky piece of monstrosity that it is!

Would look forward to incorporation of a module for google backfill for such 'NOW kludges', so that one can at least overcome these basic irritants.

P.S - In the meanwhile, possibly the incorporation of a couple liner symbol specific code on these lines viz.
if "CNXNIFTY", then P = LTP * 100; may be considered. Of course that is considering that this doesn't transform into another 'business object'! :D
The PS: I object using the displaced gosling defence (aka na ghar ka na ghaat ka).

If you can:

Code:
if (Name() == "CDSNIFTY") {
    myO = O * 100; myH = H * 100; myL = L * 100; myC = C * 100;
    PlotOHLC( myO, myH, myL, myC,  ... ); 
}
then I can ensure that the value is captured, other fields and expiry date as DOS epoch notwithstanding, so long as it is tagged as an Index.

rmike

yusi said:
The PS: I object using the displaced gosling defence
Touché! :)

On a related note just wanted to reiterate that during my (limited to one time) experimentation with this CDS ticker, I could only see the LTP updating and all other fields were zero/ null (don't recollect if that included the last traded time too). Therefore the absolute exchange open, and during the course of the day, the high, low and close may not be indicated in the ticker fields and will have to be 'snapshot interpolated'. Am also not aware whether the hourly statistics are available for the purposes of current day backfill or not. Am using the latest version of NOW.

Other users who have played around with this ticker are requested to tender their observations.

yusi said:
then I can ensure that the value is captured, other fields and expiry date as DOS epoch notwithstanding, so long as it is tagged as an Index.
Can assure you that if this particular capture were to be implemented, then you would be in an enviable position :cool: to advertently spread a great deal of cheer for the users of NOW2Ami for the coming festive season.

TIA n regards,

yusi

Touché! :)

On a related note just wanted to reiterate that during my (limited to one time) experimentation with this CDS ticker, I could only see the LTP updating and all other fields were zero/ null (don't recollect if that included the last traded time too). Therefore the absolute exchange open, and during the course of the day, the high, low and close may not be indicated in the ticker fields and will have to be 'snapshot interpolated'. Am also not aware whether the hourly statistics are available for the purposes of current day backfill or not. Am using the latest version of NOW.

Other users who have played around with this ticker are requested to tender their observations.

Can assure you that if this particular capture were to be implemented, then you would be in an enviable position :cool: to advertently spread a great deal of cheer for the users of NOW2Ami for the coming festive season.

TIA n regards,
Packaged and available.

The CDS~NIFTY will show up as a future and will need to be changed to an Index type. Timestamps use the system clock. The map to market timings determine start / stop. Both the internal or Plus backfill data is blank for this symbol. Tested with NOW for about an hour today.

Available in Now2Ami. Also implemented in Nest2Ami but cannot test.

VJAY

Dear Yusi,
I observed one problem in backfill crude....before yesterday I stopped Now2ami@noon after that only today logged in...Now I backfilled 2days data for crude....its ok for yesterdays data...but not filling data of before yesterdays...it showed upto noon only where I stopped and logged off ......

yusi

Dear Yusi,
I observed one problem in backfill crude....before yesterday I stopped Now2ami@noon after that only today logged in...Now I backfilled 2days data for crude....its ok for yesterdays data...but not filling data of before yesterdays...it showed upto noon only where I stopped and logged off ......
Vjay, I just tried a 5 day backfill of crude using Nest2Ami, and Plus backfill. Worked fine.

Anything more details ?

VJAY

Vjay, I just tried a 5 day backfill of crude using Nest2Ami, and Plus backfill. Worked fine.

Anything more details ?
Dear Yusi,
Thanks for quick reply....Am getting only 1 days backfill for crude :(...don't know whats problem.....is need any config in settings?

IN NEST CHART ALSO ONLY SHOWING 1DAY DATA(YESTERDAYS )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.