NOW to AmiBroker (YA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusi

Dear Yusi,
Thanks for quick reply....Am getting only 1 days backfill for crude :(...don't know whats problem.....is need any config in settings?
1. Check the raw data in Plus -> Data Table. Is the data there?

2. When doing a Plus backfill, have you changed the From Date?

Sorry about giving such a basic checklist; but you are not providing details. Who is your broker btw?

VJAY

1. Check the raw data in Plus -> Data Table. Is the data there?

2. When doing a Plus backfill, have you changed the From Date?

Sorry about giving such a basic checklist; but you are not providing details. Who is your broker btw?
No need to say sorry yusi bro....as I do many dumb in basics...:)

Yes raw data showing only today & yesterdays data.....using ZT(zerodha)

yusi

No need to say sorry yusi bro....as I do many dumb in basics...:)

Yes raw data showing only today & yesterdays data.....using ZT(zerodha)
Call up Zerodha support.

My Zerodha terminal shows data from 4th Oct:

As a temporary alternate, use the Internal backfill. Set you timeout to be much higher, say 300 seconds (no harm done). Mine shows about 43000 records, of which 14000 are useful, which should be about 16 days worth of data.

rmike

Packaged and available.

The CDS~NIFTY will show up as a future and will need to be changed to an Index type. Timestamps use the system clock. The map to market timings determine start / stop. Both the internal or Plus backfill data is blank for this symbol. Tested with NOW for about an hour today.

Available in Now2Ami. Also implemented in Nest2Ami but cannot test.
Works as advertised! Kudos & Thanks! It's a nice enhancement indeed. As always the new version of the utility runs butter smooth and fuss free.

There are some bumps on the road to a 'single shot' solution though, :). At present the data capture implementation is akin to a technology demonstrator which demonstrates the possibilities, however the ensuing output of CDS~CNXNIFTY is not practically usable because of some factors.

1. If the code is implemented at amibroker's end (as described by yusi) for a 'synthetic plot', the OHLC plot would be fine, but any indicator on chart e.g SAR etc will align itself with the value of the 'actual price data' which is 100th less.

2. In this scenario if a backfill is done by any extraneous data (or a merger with an existing database), the correct data will skew the chart as that data too will be multiplied by a factor of 100. So a value of 6100 will become 610000.

3. If the data is used as it is, i.e no multiplication factor applied, then the drudgery of rebuilding the database for a duration of time (for it to be analytically useful) as a separate symbol applies. Even then the constraints of a no backfill (Thanks to NOW :mad:) make it a somewhat unreliable proposition in cases of net disconnection or worse.

These constraints can be overcome by convoluted workarounds in ami but the limited gain in terms of only one symbol doesn't quite justify the convolutions.

In this scenario, if the data points could be applied the X 100 factor by NOW2Ami, post capture and pre pushing to ami, almost all constraints can be overcome. The backfill can then be called from 'gdata' and the data can be merged with an existing database as well.

@yusi - {Req} Would this be in the realm of possible implementation and doability?!

Last edited:

yusi

Works as advertised! Kudos & Thanks! It's a nice enhancement indeed. As always the new version of the utility runs butter smooth and fuss free.

There are some bumps on the road to a 'single shot' solution though, :). At present the data capture implementation is akin to a technology demonstrator which demonstrates the possibilities, however the ensuing output of CDS~CNXNIFTY is not practically usable because of some factors.

1. If the code is implemented at amibroker's end (as described by yusi) for a 'synthetic plot', the OHLC plot would be fine, but any indicator on chart e.g SAR etc will align itself with the value of the 'actual price data' which is 100th less.

2. In this scenario if a backfill is done by any extraneous data (or a merger with an existing database), the correct data will skew the chart as that data too will be multiplied by a factor of 100. So a value of 6100 will become 610000.

3. If the data is used as it is, i.e no multiplication factor applied, then the drudgery of rebuilding the database for a duration of time (for it to be analytically useful) as a separate symbol applies. Even then the constraints of a no backfill (Thanks to NOW :mad:) make it a somewhat unreliable proposition in cases of net disconnection or worse.

These constraints can be overcome by convoluted workarounds in ami but the limited gain in terms of only one symbol doesn't quite justify the convolutions.

In this scenario, if the data points could be applied the X 100 factor by NOW2Ami, post capture and pre pushing to ami, almost all constraints can be overcome. The backfill can then be called from 'gdata' and the data can be merged with an existing database as well.

@yusi - {Req} Would this be in the realm of possible implementation and doability?!
Mike, at this point I am not going to add this hack into mainline code. The rest is a sweetener...

1. Am sure there are ways to do it, say just do a C = C * 100, etc., then the indicators will behave okay.

2 & 3. Ask the gdata coder to provide a means to divide by 100 when needed :p

Somebody/something has to convolute in a makeshift solution, that is obvious. I do not want to do it. If you want a special build for it, then let's talk accordingly.

yusi

Lately, a fair amount of routine communication to @gmail users, is apparently not reaching destination or being returned. When returned, the reason is:

Our system has detected that this 550-5.7.1
message is likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent
550-5.7.1 to Gmail, this message has been blocked.
Suspect that it is some subset of BSNL Kolkata IPs, for resetting the router and getting a good IP results in the same message getting through. Over time, this has become bad enough to post here.

Just an FYI to those I communicate with over email.

Hi Yusi
I am trying your 0.89 version. I have zerodha trader (NEST)
Now my query is regarding MCX symbols, specifically crudeoil

In Backfill Volume as Lots (ZT/Nest settings) , I should enable this. Now as I understand Nifty, Banknifty, USDINR will all be 1 in Lot size column (symbols). Should I Put 100 in crudeoil to get same volume data as in plus backfill?

TraderRavi

low risk profile
hi yusi , I m using 0.84 beta version(now2ami), any update version is available or this is latest ?

yusi

Hi Yusi
I am trying your 0.89 version. I have zerodha trader (NEST)
Now my query is regarding MCX symbols, specifically crudeoil

In Backfill Volume as Lots (ZT/Nest settings) , I should enable this. Now as I understand Nifty, Banknifty, USDINR will all be 1 in Lot size column (symbols). Should I Put 100 in crudeoil to get same volume data as in plus backfill?
Yes, that is what you should do. The lot size of MCX is automatically picked up; you should have no reason to add it.

If your market watch is just NSE or NFO or currency, you should disable the Capture Volume as Lots (by default it is disabled). In that case the value of the Lot size column does not matter.

If your market watch consists of both MCX and other exchange/segments, then enable the Capture Volume as Lots. But you will have to set the lot size of all the non-MCX symbols, specially NFO, to 1.

yusi

hi yusi , I m using 0.84 beta version(now2ami), any update version is available or this is latest ?
Now2Ami is currently running at 0.85. It is a minor upgrade over 0.84 and has little additional functionality. One addition is that both the Capture Grid and Capture Log have a context menu to turn off running updates. You may not want to see something like "10:10:27 : 4 records captured" through the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.