Rocket Stocks for Swing and Positional

Thomas DeMark books deal with oscillators,its qualifiers in details...you may like to study from the books....

I remember having posted many charts in the thread for dealing with the behaviour of oscillators and the qualifiers, but as all charts are missing,I suggest you study DeMark books and once you understand then the posts in the threads will add value even without charts...

Smart_trade
Please , Make a short on this . It will help us a lot bro . What time frame you using RSI etc .. thank you God .

niftytaurus

Hi Sanju Bro
According to chartink scanner,
3 stocks are showing in scanner
Raj television network ltd,
monnet ispat& energy ltd
linde india ltd

But when see in monthly charts, raj tv & monnet ispat ,RSI doesnot above 60 but here these stocks are coming in scanner .Am I missing something.??

thanks

Last edited:
Hi @sanju005ind @Smart_trade , could you guys please have a look at these charts.
I tried to backtest RSI, MACD on past momentum based runners(Amaron batteries, Ajanta) to find entry and exit points.
Do the points/analysis look good ?
It is based on monthly chart.

Also trying to do the same for Bajaj Finance on the basis of its current momentum.
If rsi breaks above 70 and MACD intersection does not happen by then it is a buy. If MACD signal line crosses MACD downward and RSI does not go above 70 may be a good candidate to sell ? However price is still above 21 EMA so it's still bullish, the last two tops of RSI does not show any divergence too.
Does this sound good?

Also @Smart_trade sir since i am using monthly charts, does 5 bars mean five monthly price bars ? Isn't waiting for 5 months a long time if i want to enter in Bajaj finance once RSI crosses above 70 (it might run up a lot by then)?
AMARAJABAT_Monthly_23-11-2018.png
AJANTPHARM_Monthly_22-11-2018.png
BAJFINANCE_Monthly_23-11-2018.png

prabhsingh

Well I work in CyberSecurity consultation/audit. I try to complete all my work before time.Reading is what i do most of the time. After office and early morning reading and reading.Studying charts in different timeframes too help a lot.While in office I have to use web platform only since I cannot install anything on the company laptop.My web is routed via company proxy in US.So imagine the lag in quotes. But I have to manage with what resources i have in hand and make best use of it.Fastest computer or internet do help to some extent but will not be an edge in trading.
Hi Sanju Bro
monnet ispat& energy ltd
linde india ltd

But when see in monthly charts, raj tv & monnet ispat ,RSI doesnot above 60 but here these stocks are coming in scanner .Am I missing something.??

thanks
Raj television has got strong resistance at 70 to 75 zone where it's up move can halt.If you observe it's daily chart it's continuously rising.Now once it appears it's resistance zone let it retrace and then by looking at price action it can be bought.Personally,i avoid stock which has not shown any retracement as in such stocks risk factor increases.Just sharing my thoughts no compulsion.

Maximum I have gone in trading is weekly timeframe.So I cannot comment on trading on monthly or yearly timeframes.In monthly bars if one waits for 5 bars above OB area, the trend has to run for 10-12 months and it may come to an end after 10-12 months....so for identifying momentum best timeframe
is intraday or daily timeframe .

Smart_trade

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Hi Sanju Bro
monnet ispat& energy ltd
linde india ltd

thanks
I think the scanner is missing RSI crossover 69.5

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
1543007704047.png

Not sure about the fundamentals though.

Profile :-
The Company is engaged in manufacturing and selling of organic chemicals and bulk drugs. It caters to both domestic and international markets. It operates through two segments: Chemicals and Drugs. The Chemicals segment produces and sells acetic anhydride, acetyl chloride, mono chloro acetic acid and iso butyl benzene. The Drugs segment produces and sells various active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), such as ibuprofen and metformin.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Hi Sanju Bro
monnet ispat& energy ltd
linde india ltd

thanks
Hi NT,
No You did not miss.You need to understand that particular scanner query.It looks for new RSI monthly or MACD monthly breakout over the last 3 year period. In the case of Raj TV found that it was way below and 50 and now it has come up, monthly MACD is still under 0.Something like it was in worse condition but become bad. If you look at the fundamentals they dont look encouraging.Sure market loves turnaround stories.But those kind of investments or rather bets are made by big players only when they understand the business and that too use a very miniscule part of their portfolio.
1543023045968.png

1543023088631.png

Last edited:

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Hi @sanju005ind @Smart_trade , could you guys please have a look at these charts.
I tried to backtest RSI, MACD on past momentum based runners(Amaron batteries, Ajanta) to find entry and exit points.
Do the points/analysis look good ?
It is based on monthly chart.

Also trying to do the same for Bajaj Finance on the basis of its current momentum.
If rsi breaks above 70 and MACD intersection does not happen by then it is a buy. If MACD signal line crosses MACD downward and RSI does not go above 70 may be a good candidate to sell ? However price is still above 21 EMA so it's still bullish, the last two tops of RSI does not show any divergence too.
Does this sound good?

Also @Smart_trade sir since i am using monthly charts, does 5 bars mean five monthly price bars ? Isn't waiting for 5 months a long time if i want to enter in Bajaj finance once RSI crosses above 70 (it might run up a lot by then)? View attachment 30981 View attachment 30982 View attachment 30983
Yes they are nice reentries.
You will need to look at three kind of entries into these stocks.
1.) Fresh or first time breakout into that zone in its life time. If a good business is caught here then the results are multifold.
2.) A dip and rentries these are good performing companies these are the ones you have posted.Still you can make decent amount of money on these.majority of them you fill find here once the bull run resumes ( No harm in playing these in lower time frames weekly/daily).
3.) A breakout itnto that zone after a gap of three years or more.

In all the cases you still need to look at the fundamentals and check.

Bottom line : Technicals tell you when to buy.Fundamentals tell you what to buy.

Last edited: