Sharing my trades with proper trade setups

avny

Once before I requested you not to call me sir. Please call me Strategic Investments. I really love my name.

Manoj bhai aap jab bhi poochoge I will explain you as per my best knowledge. Its quiet surprising for me that you said I have not given any logic in my posts. I am feeling like I have fully wasted my time in explaining in so lengthy posts. I corrected them many times before reading even after posting I read them to confirm that everything was correct.

Ye ho sakta hai ki meine shayad volume ke logic ko explain kiya ho aur aapne jaise likha hai ki aap volume mein interest nahin lete ho.

My dear friend, volume is the most important thing in analysis after price. No analysis is complete without the analysis of volume. NEVER. If you are not including volume in your analysis than you are not doing complete technical analysis.

I have read almost everything and gone through many nights in understanding indicators but at last I came to know that nothing gives better analysis than price and volume.

I want to bring in your kind notice that NSE has not updated NIFTY'S SPOT VOLUME for last Friday and also of Wednesday for full two days. There was something in the Friday's volume in NIFTY and BANKNIFTY. Thats why they have not updated it. They have updated Friday's volume on Wednesday. In UK market players are allowed to hide their volume for 90 minutes as per exchange policy just to give edge. In India also many times after closing hours volume figure changes. No one is ready to show you correct volume because it gives the true direction of Price.

I daily download volume from NSE SERVERS directly just to confirm that there is no mistake in my volume figures. I am using RELIABLE FALCON which has everything but even then I dont rely on Falcon and download directly from NSE to avoid any mistakes in volume and price and use it in Amibroker and Metastock.

Regards

Strategic Investments
dear SI,

thanks for sharing your views
u are absolutely correct regarding the importence of price and volume

they are the ultimate indicator

but problom is that where enough material available to understand the price movement,there is very little information available to understand the volume

so most trader does not use it,because they do not know how to use it

so it will be very useful if you can write about volume,: how to use it in relation with price,with chart example ,it would be welcome by all

now regarding the low interest shown by the fellow traders here is may be due to not updating your thread on a daily basis

only weekly update of a thread automatically reduce the interest of a follwer

so if possible share your knowledge on price vol relation and update regularly

people here are eager to learn,provided it is on a regular basis

thanks and best wishes

Thanks for the volume, I too download from nse server daily and was concerned why they had not updated it.
Now after your post I have again checked and yes they have updated it.
Thanks again

I never really understood volume, will tr to incorporate it in my analysis.

I do not use volume in analysis and still it works for me, don't know how ?

Can you suggest some reading material for understanding volume ?

Thanks
I don't think there is much available on volume. No one has written much on it.

Jesse Livermore, the greatest of all traders or say true trader who started his carrier as runner at the age of 14 or 15 did miracles only using price and volume. He earned 100 million dollars, about 80 years back, more than once only using price and volume. But he never wrote anything significant on volume analysis.

Friday's volume was missing because volume was confirming the change in trend. I addedd all 50 stocks volume in excel sheet and came to that conclusion on Friday night but other traders who were used to download volume from NSE never came to know the turn on that day itself, someone played dirty in NSE on the behalf of Market Players. I have found this many times not once.

Just go through my post of 13th Nov 2013. Market was falling freely since last 7 to 8 days. I never wrote anything about the turning point but exactly on 13th I said to stop shorting and be ready for long / turn. Check the next day's price yourself and that 13th was the turning point. Same happened on 1st Nov 2013. I said I took short position and market turned from that day itself and that 1st was high of that rally. I request you to please check yourself. Its all because of Price and Volume. Nothing else. Its just a coincidence that my stop loss was not hit generally it got hit at-least once.

In one of TraderRavi thread, Smart Trader (Sorry if I am spelling the name incorrectly) said one very good thing that there is no need to share the own's trading setup because it is built by lots of hard work of trader. Till then, I had a different opinion so I was sharing my trade setup's with everyone and people here had a different thought about my intentions. I have realized and learned a lot from it. Now I realize the main reason behind why people don't take interest in this thread.

Regards

Strategic Investments

dear SI,

thanks for sharing your views
u are absolutely correct regarding the importence of price and volume

they are the ultimate indicator

but problom is that where enough material available to understand the price movement,there is very little information available to understand the volume

so it will be very useful if you can write about volume,: how to use it in relation with price,with chart example ,it would be welcome by all

now regarding the low interest shown by the fellow traders here is may be due to not updating your thread on a daily basis

people here are eager to learn,provided it is on a regular basis

thanks and best wishes
Hello avny !!

"u are absolutely correct regarding the importence of price and volume

they are the ultimate indicator"

You are the first one who said in this thread that price and volume is ultimate indicator.

"but problom is that where enough material available to understand the price movement,there is very little information available to understand the volume

so it will be very useful if you can write about volume,: how to use it in relation with price,with chart example ,it would be welcome by all"

I agree that there is not much on this subject. Actually it is the most simple thing to understand.

Bullish Sentiments = Price increasing volume increasing and Price decreasing volume decreasing

Bearish Sentiments = Price decreasing volume increasing and Price increasing and volume decreasing.

Simple. This is the most simple thing to understand instead of indicators. Now you can use it with the price movements, high, low and close with trendlines, with resistance and support zones etc but dont use it with your indicators. Indicators will say the same thing about 2 or three bars later what volume will try to say on first bar.

I use to write with exact numbers even after decimal the last two digits are also correct. I expect from readers to open up the chart in their systems and see the exact points. If one is not ready to do this much of work then it shows that he / she is not much passionate and also not so much devoted to learn this art. He / she doesnt deserve to be a successful analyst. If the point is not clear after my post then one can ask me. I have replied each and every post in this thread. BTW reason for not posting with chart was that I was not able to upload it properly (Manoj Borle helped me in rectifying the problem) as well as there are too much lines, notes and comments on my every chart which I want to avoid posting here.

"now regarding the low interest shown by the fellow traders here is may be due to not updating your thread on a daily basis

people here are eager to learn,provided it is on a regular basis"

Thanks avny for giving some solution. I appreciate it.

I have updated thread initially regularly, not on daily basis but whenever required. Even at that time no one took interest.

Please go through the pages which I had written initially. They took minimum 2 to 3 hours of typing and correction. I have everything except time. I am also a student of market and its not possible for me to give so much time without any result.

Second reason is that I trade on the basis of turn and turns don't take place daily on the stocks which I watch. To solve this problem I thought of updating this thread on the regular basis by writing about the direction of Nifty.

I am surprised to see that people who post here are dealing in Financial markets and instead of doing analysis keep posting here all day. How they manage to do so is really a big surprise for me. One should use this platform to improve one's trading and to learn new skills or best to get MASTERY ON THE ONE, he / she knows already, instead of just passing time here. NO HARD FEELINGS FOR ANYONE JUST A SINCERE THOUGHT WITH VERY GOOD INTENTIONS. I have also started posting in some threads here during market hours and I was surprised to see that my trading started affecting. So I stopped it. Now some one will ask why I am here. I am here to share my thinking with others and to discuss them or some other charts. Johnypareek said earlier in this thread that DISCUSSION IS THE BEST METHOD OF LEARNING. I am 100 percent agreed to it.

If someone asks about anything then I will try to reply as soon as possible but its really very tough thing to update daily. I am always short of time because market analysis takes all of my time.

Regards

Strategic Investments

Last edited:
BTW avny, I liked your line - MASTER ONE TRICK ONLY. Its very very useful regarding trading. I have read somewhere in this forum that " I DONT AFRAID FROM THOSE WHO KNOW'S THOUSAND PUNCHES, I AM AFRAID OF THOSE WHO PRACTICE ONE PUNCH THOUSAND TIMES - BRUCE LEE". Is this yours quotation/punch line? I liked it the day I read it and today your punch line reminds me of that.

People in trading try to learn so many things. At the time of trading some indicators say buy, some say sell and some say neutral. Result - MARGIN CALL FROM BROKER !!

Your punch line is best for those who are learning technical analysis.

Regards

Strategic Investments

Hello Avny,

I have just added your punch line in my signature. It will keep reminding me of you as well as the soul of the theme also.

Regards

Last edited:

DanPickUp

@STRATEGICINVESTMENTS

Manojborle has hit the point with his post about my little post. As this week was a little clean up in some other parts of the forum from threads which have been misused under the name of members with company relation ships, your name was related from my side to a company with the same name of yours. As I now have gone again through your post and do not see any thing which gives any point to that, I kindly would request you to move on with your thread.

As you seem to trade mostly on volume and price (which are at least for you the most important indicators as you told) you must have a good understanding of that. I would call you a price action trader, as trading only on those two information is in my view quit on a professional level.

People ask you to explain the relation ship between the price and the volume. It was done in the past in the forum and in my view it is not as difficult as it sounds. A lot of common sense is used to do so and you seem to know that. You also seem to be one which is not a friend of making it to complicated for your trading decisions and that is what counts. :thumb: So please move on with your thread as you did in the past. :clapping: If I feel to post any thing here regarding your way of trading, I surely will support you.

Take care and enjoy your weekend / DanPickUp

Last edited:

avny

I don't think there is much available on volume. No one has written much on it.

Friday's volume was missing because volume was confirming the change in trend. I addedd all 50 stocks volume in excel sheet and came to that conclusion on Friday night but other traders who were used to download volume from NSE never came to know the turn on that day itself, someone played dirty in NSE on the behalf of Market Players. I have found this many times not once.

Just go through my post of 13th Nov 2013. Market was falling freely since last 7 to 8 days. I never wrote anything about the turning point but exactly on 13th I said to stop shorting and be ready for long / turn. Check the next day's price yourself and that 13th was the turning point. Same happened on 1st Nov 2013. I said I took short position and market turned from that day itself and that 1st was high of that rally. I request you to please check yourself. Its all because of Price and Volume. Nothing else. Its just a coincidence that my stop loss was not hit generally it got hit at-least once.
Regards

Strategic Investments
kindly,explain,the above 3 turning points of nity,with reference to price and volume,to the benefit of all learners
post along with charts

take your time,no hurry

all the best and thanks for the kindwords

DanPickUp

kindly,explain,the above 3 turning points of nity,with reference to price and volume,to the benefit of all learners
post along with charts

take your time,no hurry

all the best and thanks for the kindwords
@Avny

Do not spend to much time on Volume, as there is not much to think about it. Not because it has no value, because of its clear and simple way of information it gives.

Have a look at your chart and at any candle. Now how much explanation you need from who ever when market moves up or down and volume increases or decreases at the same time on that candle?

If you do not understand that, show any chart you question, put in your comments about it and post it here. You will get your answers to that :)

Take care good friend / DanPickUp

Hello Friends,

Its been a whole week since last posting. Lets continue now.

1. Friday's i.e. 1st Nov 2013 Nifty's high and close is 6333 and 6307. Short of just 24 points from 6357. Nifty is near all time high or say near the resistance zone. I have not participated in long run. I am still waiting for short opportunity in Nifty and already took some light position on Friday in short direction. Nifty is clearly overbought now and not ready to clear (in my views and I may be wrong also) the resistance zone of 6357 as previously mentioned by me. Last whole week I have waited patiently and watched carefully for short positions. Also took some short positions on Monday and Tuesday only but they were sort of intraday positions. I WANT TO SHARE ONE THING HERE THAT WHENEVER THEIR IS LOSS IN TRADE I BECOME INTRADAY TRADER AND SQUARE OFF BEFORE THE CLOSE (if my stop loss is not hit already) AND IF THERE IS ANY PROFIT THEN I GENERALLY BECOME POSITIONAL TRADER.

2. Nifty is taking very less interest in crossing the zone as volume is not much high with free movements in upside. So no long position. Range is decreasing with no fresh volume. Friday had one of the lowest ranges and it was near the high. This is not the best way of breaking / entering into new high zone. Means bulls are not participating so just waiting for bears to participate now. Lets wait and watch.

3. For taking new short position (or multiplying current position) I am waiting for some weakness now. Nifty is not showing interest in going up but before coming down it may go few more points so now watching it daily for shorting in real time.

4. Last time I missed position in reliance but not this time. Reliance crossed R2 and touched almost R3 @ 927 as mentioned earlier by me so took short positions in Reliance at 926 with initial stop loss at 931 (931 was just for entry and can be cleared any time above 927 in real time) then shorted again at 925 and third position at 922 with final trailing stop loss of all three is at 918 now. All prices are in cash but took positions in futures three lots. Closing price of reliance is 908 approx.

Regards

Strategic Investments

Happy Diwali and Happy Trading in new year!!
Hello Avny,

Kindly go through the BOLD LINES which I have highlighted only for you. Hope it will explain the one setup. Let me explain the remaining two setups also.

Just came in my mind that instead of explanations from my side why don't you try to write your views about the same day's price and volume with proper logic here? You will grasp it in speed.

Thanks DanPickUp for everything that you wrote in your last two posts.

Regards

Strategic Investments

whisky

Hello Avny,

Kindly go through the BOLD LINES which I have highlighted only for you. Hope it will explain the one setup. Let me explain the remaining two setups also.

Just came in my mind that instead of explanations from my side why don't you try to write your views about the same day's price and volume with proper logic here? You will grasp it in speed.

Thanks DanPickUp for everything that you wrote in your last two posts.

Regards

Strategic Investments
That will make sense. Good job Strategic Investments.:thumb:

sach007

Impatient Trader
HI SI,

FIRST I want to CONGRATULATE and THANK you for starting this THREAD with taking so MUCH EFFORTs.

I am writing my this COMMENT by reading your thread from START to TILL LAST COMMENT...(I required more that 2 hours to do this) even I have also CHECKING the CHARTS at my END after reading each of your POST.

You have really taking a LOT OF PAIN and EFFORTs for explaining the MEMBERS here with example and the REASONS behind why this SHOULD HAPPEN (means why TRADE is taken)

I have seen in many of your comments you have REPEATEDLY SAID that NoONE Have Interest in this thread. I don't know what do you EXPECT by MEANS of INTEREST. How you interpreted that less interest is there? I also have one logic.. may be wrong... but as you have JOINED here on TRADERJI in SEPT 13 and AFTER that you started this thread.. so it means you are new to TRADERJI MEMBERS.. I people need time to know about anyone who starts new INITIATIVE....

Even though I would want to say you have great RESPONSE .. just see how many PEOPLE have thanked you.... and as the days go on.. you will see people will come here.. COZ here on TRADERJI ...many PEOPLE are INTERESTED in KNOWLEDGE and DISCUSSIONS....

So I would suggest you to LOOK POSITIVELY... and JUST DO YOUR WORK... do not post every alternate post ..that EITHER PEOPLE are NOT INTERESTED or You have LOST INTEREST. Just BE POSITIVE....and Carry Your Work...

BTW now about your Trading Strategy... it is really nice TECHNIQUE evolved with a LOT OF EFFORTs...I am using some PART for my INTRADAY TRADING ...though I never see volume.. RATHER I have my opinion about volume..

WHAT I BELIEVE is THAT PRICE DISCOUNTS EVERYTHING (EVEN VOLUME ALSO)....

I will give example of a SPRING ... (PRICE) now when PRESSURE(VOLUME) applied to it ... it becomes SMALL in SIZE....what I mean to say that no one need to KNOW that PRESSURE is APPLIED on SPRING.. SPRING itself tells as it has BECOME OF SMALL SIZE.
(Hope I am able to give example in right words.. may be my poor English not able to explain it clearly.)

So what I want to say that ON whatever SIDE may be VOLUME... may be on SELL SIDE or BUY SIDE... PRICE WILL TELL you....this is what I feel.

Again thanks a LOT for your GREAT WORK and INITIATIVE.... hope from now onwards you will not say NO INTEREST... :)

Thanks and REGARDS

SACH