SH's 315 Strategy - how to make it more comfortable and profitable!!

vinst

Was it an Exit at close on 29th November as per 3EMA adverse movement on 2 consecutive days ???

what is the meaning of 'adverse movement of 3EMA' ?
can you please explain it and how it is to be used.

if it is already explained, please point out.

regards

rkkarnani

what is the meaning of 'adverse movement of 3EMA' ?
can you please explain it and how it is to be used.

if it is already explained, please point out.

regards
Taking the liberty to answer. Somewhere in this thread SH had suggested that we exit the current position if 3EMA moves adversely for 2 consecutive days : Say we are short and todays 3EMA at close is higher than what it was yesterday and the next day also the 3EMA moves higher and closes higher than today, then we exit the current trade!! Refer to Post no.30 of this thread and also a few preceeding it and a number of them after Post no. 30 , this should give you a good idea about it. Also seek your views on this!! :)

rh6996

There is a post in the "mother" thread from Umesh Mandal.. replying there would have meant again a distraction for those who are following it hence posting the reply here :

Refering to my post on 28th November:

Umeshmandal asked :

Hello Umesh, I had posted the back test results for the startegy that is partially based on parent 315 strategy and the same were good!! I might loose on this long trade but am comfortable as the previous Short has given an excellent profit!! In my strategy we do not add or exit without a reversal though are very seriously looking into it!! I do believe that trading 315 just on crossover as put forth by SH do not give attractive results unless the strenghts of the system are implemented : Exit on 3EMA non touch and Add on 15 EMA touch!! No one has posted any result of 315 by just entering and reversing on the day of crossover. 3EMA non touch is a wee bit subjective. GKPC had posted something about how even SH had taken different action on different occasions treating them bit differently thus giving strength to my argument that this indeed is a a subjective thing and cannot be done mechanically!! I do also agree : to be 100% mechanical is very difficlut if not impossible!!
I might loose in the long trade undertaken but would like to stick to rules, but am relaxed as the Long trade is in profit and may not loose much if it reverses to short soon!!!
I exited partly at 5000!!! :) Will exit balance and go for short below 4963 and by close decide whether or not to carry Short (if triggerred) or revert back to Long!! By God's grace had a real treat in November/December till date!! "Touch Wood" :p

Attaching the Old Excel file duly updated till yesterday!!

Last edited:
From here on I would request all traders to add two new rules while trading 315 ..

1. Two consective 3 EMA move against our positions should trigger exit and wait until 3 EMA starts coming back in line of 315 position. We re-enter again as soon as that happen

2. Use MA envelopes as posted under my 'greater fool zone' thread to exit close to tops and bottoms. when that happens, exit futures and buy some calls from the profit .... the calls should be exited base on rule number 1 (i.e if 3 EMA starts trending against 315 position).

I will add it formally now under 315 thread.

Cheers
SH

From here on I would request all traders to add two new rules while trading 315 ..

1. Two consective 3 EMA move against our positions should trigger exit and wait until 3 EMA starts coming back in line of 315 position. We re-enter again as soon as that happen

2. Use MA envelopes as posted under my 'greater fool zone' thread to exit close to tops and bottoms. when that happens, exit futures and buy some calls from the profit .... the calls should be exited base on rule number 1 (i.e if 3 EMA starts trending against 315 position).

Cheers
SH
SH, My understanding earlier of re-entry in (1) was 3EMA moving back in line with 315 position OR EMA 15 touch whichever is earlier. Do we drop the second part?

Last edited:

rh6996

Cheers
SH
We should be thankful to SH for ever improving the 315 Strategy!! :thumb: :clap:

Also who should be applauded are rkkarnani(for taking the initiative to start this thread), NTrader, and many more (sorry for not mentioning the names individually).. :clapping:

rh6996

I exited partly at 5000!!! :) Will exit balance and go for short below 4963 and by close decide whether or not to carry Short (if triggerred) or revert back to Long!! By God's grace had a real treat in November/December till date!! "Touch Wood" :p

Attaching the Old Excel file duly updated till yesterday!!
Exited all longs below 4963 and am fully Short, carrying it or not iwll depend on closing!!!

prst

Exited all longs below 4963 and am fully Short, carrying it or not iwll depend on closing!!!
are you covering the shorts today eod ?
tomorrow it will be 2nd day its going against us.

rkkarnani

are you covering the shorts today eod ?
tomorrow it will be 2nd day its going against us.
This was an ongoing 'conversation' between two members...please do not confuse!!
Reg 315 New Exit strategy, 3EMA exit occured day before it self!!
3EMA Values in my Charts : (RT converted to EOD)

25th Nov. 4736.33
28th Nov. 4804.69
29th Nov. 4808.35

28th was > 25th and 29th was > 28th so Exit would be on 29th Close (As per new strategy)

It is rising since then!! Now would come Short again or Add at 15 EMA!!