Tom de mark sequential monitor for nifty50 stocks

travi

Vivek Bhai, i was looking at ur old charts in this thread, and i have a question regarding same..
Just to add more to the confusion, there is another TD system called TD Combo wherein you can just keep counting CD from bar 1 of setup :D:D

Hehe, no bhai.
we'll touch that later, but good you are keeping that in mind.
Confluence of TD Seq. & combo is also practised by some.
Lets master one technique i.e Sequential as of now. Get all the doubts clarified, then posting of lots of charts. Currently going through this thread once again from start :)

Bhai, here is a Nifty Daily chart..

So, we have a bearish flip at bar-1, hence we start counting setup bar from here. At bar-5 conditions are not met, hence the setup is terminated.
Now the question is:

1. At bar marked 'a', we have bullish flip, so we start counting bar-1 for 'sell setup', right ?

2. What if that bar-'a' would not have been a bearish flip bar but a normal bar not meeting 'buy setup' condition. In that case we should start counting 'new sell setup' from bar 'a' or from bar 'a+1' ?

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Bhai, here is a Nifty Daily chart..

So, we have a bearish flip at bar-1, hence we start counting setup bar from here. At bar-5 conditions are not met, hence the setup is terminated.
Now the question is:

1. At bar marked 'a', we have bullish flip, so we start counting bar-1 for 'sell setup', right ?

2. What if that bar-'a' would not have been a bearish flip bar but a normal bar not meeting 'buy setup' condition. In that case we should start counting 'new sell setup' from bar 'a' or from bar 'a+1' ?

As I said earlier a flip is needed to start a setup and then the relationship should continue for at least 9bars to complete a setup.
Flip bar is the first bar of setup.
Uptil there is no flip, no start of a setup.
I would highly recommend to use that Afl to mark setups for you.
Take a demo feed to start using afl on amibroker.
There are lot many other confusions that need to be settled, do not get bogged down by something that can be automated, so let's get started by the afl and mark CD manually.
You can also carefully go through the charts already marked, if you feel question was not clear to me.

Vivek

Last edited:
As I said earlier a flip is needed to start a setup and then the relationship should continue for at least 9bars to complete a setup.
Flip bar is the first bar of setup.
Uptil there is no flip, no start of a setup.
I would highly recommend to use that Afl to mark setups for you.
Take a demo feed to start using afl on amibroker.
There are lot many other confusions that need to be settled, do not get bogged down by something that can be automated, so let's get started by the afl and mark CD manually.
You can also carefully go through the charts already marked, if you feel question was not clear to me.

Vivek
Thanks for ur suggestion :)
I wanted to mark few charts from 'flip' to 'CD' manually to get a better feel of all the bars. May be after 10-15 charts, i will be comfortable, and then we can start using AFL. Hope that is ok. Lets not worry about the time spent on marking each candle manually, it will pay off in long run :)

Last edited: