Tracking PUT CALL Open Interest

columbus

Lot of ITM and ATM Put writers have covered their positions today. A further panic in Nifty 4800-5000 Put writers can bring down the Nifty considerably.
Hi hiteshsjoshi,

At present Nifty 4900/4800 are offering good support.

talisman

Talisman,

That could be the intraday players getting out around the close. They must be waiting for a breakout/breakdown which did not come their way yesterday and must be closed the positions.

Regards,
Enygma.
Mr. E & AW,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I was thinking more in terms of shorts build up or long unwinding...But what you people said..clarifies a lot....

Thanks again..:)

Hi Members,

I am looking for excel sheet for calculating Brokerage & other charges levied on Future & Option (CALLS & PUTS) trading (separate sheet for intraday & Delivery/holding ) as indicated below with sample values:

1)Brokerage,
2)Service tax,
3)Ed Cess,
4)Clearing member charge on turnover,
5)Stamp duty,
6)SEBI Fees,
7)NSE Charges,
8)Clearing Charge on premium,
9)Security Transaction Tax (STT) on selling

Members are requested to help me where to get or indicate link for downloading.

Thanks in advance,

Reagrds,
Keerthi

Dear Seniors

Call buying is bullish and call writing is bearish.
Put buying is bearish and put writing is bullish.
Keeping this concept in mind what is the interpretation of following statements.( CMP NIFTY: 4940)
1) Nifty 4900 calls added 14 lakh shares in open interest.
2)Nifty 4500 puts also added 14 lakh shrs in open interest.

What does above statements tells us about Nifty future value?
Thanks in advance!

Vaibhav Gupta

Raju

Hi stocks.murtaza,

I am bit confused by your statement ...

"Shows mkt should move up .. at least in a day or two "??????

PE = UP & CE = DOWN ...I thought it would go down...but as per u'r comment it may move up ???

Please help me understand ...

Thanks,
Raju

findvikas

Reading options data alone is like reading a map which only says "you are here". Smart money does not play only with options they primarily use options to create strategy to hedge their long/shorts of underlying.

So you might be right and this is how I am reading... they created huge short positions on last Thursday and then opened the market gap down on friday but did not got out of all the shorts.. they still hold huge short position. because of positive sentiment they had to play long but made sure that they book their profit on longs before the day and re-entered in short side with proper hedging with options. SM not necessarily always sell options they buy them too.. specially when market is at a crucial juncture... make or break level of 5050.

Market went up all the way to 5060 and traded sideways which looked like a distribution activity to me as the volume was normal and people were willing to buy since it was above 5050 level.. then once they were done with their profit booking they entered shorts again and brought down the market below the 5035 level and made sure they close it below that level even in settlement.. smart ask , read it with extra 's' :)

Hi Murtaza,

Noticed heavy selling in NF during the last half hour which should indicate to a gap down tomorrow. The option data is suggesting otherwise.

Anyway we can track both Futures and options data for meaningful interpretation?
Raju, Usually its assumed that SM sell (write) options and if they are writing it which means they are creating new shorts in 4900PE & 5000PE.. which means they are expecting market to trade above 4900-5000 at the same time if they are closing CE that will reduce the OI and remove the resistance from higher levels... hope its not too confusing :)

Hi stocks.murtaza,

I am bit confused by your statement ...

"Shows mkt should move up .. at least in a day or two "??????

PE = UP & CE = DOWN ...I thought it would go down...but as per u'r comment it may move up ???

Please help me understand ...

Thanks,
Raju