Trade Smart Online

I understand that migrating back to NOW is tedious, but you mean, migrating from NOW to Nest can be done during the market hours ??

Anyway, it is all academic now. I chatted with your rep on the website and was told that NEST is available only for those having commodities account, which I don't have.
Sorry migration can not be done during the market hours.

Well opening a commodities account will automatically move to to NEST :)

Depository Participant is different from a Clearing member. Depository is for demat accounts and as per our understanding by clearing members you are referring to clearing member for F&O, Currency etc.

We are not a clearing member. Most prominent brokers are not clearing members themselves and use the services of professional clearing members.

If DP is seperate from clearing members, then why don't all brokers go for DP? Because anyways clearing will be done by some common professional clearing members. It is sort of a hocus-pocus situation, different broker, different DP, different clearing members etc.

If DP is seperate from clearing members, then why don't all brokers go for DP? Because anyways clearing will be done by some common professional clearing members. It is sort of a hocus-pocus situation, different broker, different DP, different clearing members etc.
Maybe the Finance Minister's mention of a single DP for all financial assets will come into being soon and sort out this problem :)
:thumb:

Can't say much about others but a depository membership comes with additional compliance that needs to be taken care of on a regular basis. Hence, some companies might choose not to take the membership themselves.

Any idea why Bhushan steel is in circuit at 5% today? Does it change according to the market cap of the company?
Let's look at a few stats:
The stock had underperformed the market over the past one month till 19 August 2014, falling 63.28.
Shares of Bhushan Steel have tumbled 65.13% from Rs 394.85 on 1 August 2014

Hence the Exchanges may change the price bands after a periodic surveillance review.