Trade Smart Online

Also, I bought some shares for delivery today. Can I sell them tomorrow on T+1? If yes, is it restricted to a particular list of stocks only OR is it applicable to any stocks?

In another scenario, What if after buying the shares, there is a short delivery? In that case, will I be able to sell on T+1? If yes, when will the difference be settled?

Hi TradeSmartOnline,

1. Can a delivery position in the demat holdings be converted into MIS?
2. Suppose I have taken a CNC position today, Can I convert it to MIS on T+1 ?
Hi market oracle
1. No, demat holdings can't be converted into MIS.
2. CNC positions taken on T day will not be available on your trading terminal to change to MIS on T+1. They will appear in Holdings and can be sold but not converted into MIS.

Also, I bought some shares for delivery today. Can I sell them tomorrow on T+1? If yes, is it restricted to a particular list of stocks only OR is it applicable to any stocks?

In another scenario, What if after buying the shares, there is a short delivery? In that case, will I be able to sell on T+1? If yes, when will the difference be settled?
Yes you can sell them the next day but there would be a risk of Short Delivery

For details on what happens in case of a short delivery please visit our knowledge base article What happens in case of Short Delivery?

Yes you can sell them the next day but there would be a risk of Short Delivery

For details on what happens in case of a short delivery please visit our knowledge base article What happens in case of Short Delivery?
TradeSmartOnline,

What happens if there is short delivery from my side and there is another person within your company who can offset the transaction in the pool account. What happens then?

For example,
If i bought Bhushan Steel on (T) and sold them on (T+1),
And there is another trader with you who wants to buy the same qty on (T+1).
In that case, can you avoid a short delivery by offsetting the transaction in your pool account itself? :argue:

TradeSmartOnline,

What happens if there is short delivery from my side and there is another person within your company who can offset the transaction in the pool account. What happens then?

For example,
If i bought Bhushan Steel on (T) and sold them on (T+1),
And there is another trader with you who wants to buy the same qty on (T+1).
In that case, can you avoid a short delivery by offsetting the transaction in your pool account itself? :argue:
Please refer to our knowledge base article How does Internal Short Settlement work? for the same.

According to my interactions with traditional brokerage houses:

1. some say that discount brokers are able to provide low cost broking because they apparently have few software licenses. Much lesser than big brokers. Is it true?
They said that if there is an overload in usage by clients, it will become slow and can even hang.

2. Also, discount brokers purchase cheaper versions of risk management systems, because they cannot afford to buy the best ones. Hence, putting the clients at risk of losing capital if the RMS system fails.

Please clarify which RMS do you guys use.

Hello VNS,
I put in a withdrawal request (through the backoffice, as shown in the tutorial video) on Thursday at 15:08hours. I guess it was processed on the same day. Friday was a holiday but Saturday was a working day for the banks, wasn't it ? So when can I expect to receive the transfer in my bank a/c. ? Hasn't come across as yet.

Hello VNS,
I put in a withdrawal request (through the backoffice, as shown in the tutorial video) on Thursday at 15:08hours. I guess it was processed on the same day. Friday was a holiday but Saturday was a working day for the banks, wasn't it ? So when can I expect to receive the transfer in my bank a/c. ? Hasn't come across as yet.
Hello timepass,
We do not process the payouts on Saturdays so you should receive it today.