Trade Smart Online

According to my interactions with traditional brokerage houses:

1. some say that discount brokers are able to provide low cost broking because they apparently have few software licenses. Much lesser than big brokers. Is it true?
They said that if there is an overload in usage by clients, it will become slow and can even hang.

2. Also, discount brokers purchase cheaper versions of risk management systems, because they cannot afford to buy the best ones. Hence, putting the clients at risk of losing capital if the RMS system fails.

Please clarify which RMS do you guys use.
Glad to answer your questions. :)
We are able to provide low pricing by keeping our costs low and achieve efficiencies.

1. You may refer to what other people have to say about us on this forum or on our facebook page. So far we haven't heard of any issues of the system becoming slow. Service is one of our key focus :)

2. We have been in the market since 1994 and have seen many booms and busts. Risk Management is an important element of our business and can't be ignored. Live risk management is done using the trading software itself. In addition to that, we have another tool for the same too.

Glad to answer your questions. :)
We are able to provide low pricing by keeping our costs low and achieve efficiencies.

1. You may refer to what other people have to say about us on this forum or on our facebook page. So far we haven't heard of any issues of the system becoming slow. Service is one of our key focus :)

2. We have been in the market since 1994 and have seen many booms and busts. Risk Management is an important element of our business and can't be ignored. Live risk management is done using the trading software itself. In addition to that, we have another tool for the same too.
Thanks for the reply. My question was more specific.
1. What I meant to ask you was, since you are a low cost broker, how many user licenses do you guys own from the software vendor? Because I was told that it is very important. Apparently full service brokers have enough licenses so it doesn't matter how many users login at the same time. Sorry I am sounding paranoid.

2. Do you guys use NEST risk management or some other third party vendor?
Apparentlly discount brokers do this too to save cost.:confused:

Thanks for the reply. My question was more specific.
1. What I meant to ask you was, since you are a low cost broker, how many user licenses do you guys own from the software vendor? Because I was told that it is very important. Apparently full service brokers have enough licenses so it doesn't matter how many users login at the same time. Sorry I am sounding paranoid.

2. Do you guys use NEST risk management or some other third party vendor?
Apparentlly discount brokers do this too to save cost.:confused:
1. The number does not stay constant and changes as the number of users increase so can't give you a specific number. We'd suggest you ask other community members if anyone ever faced any issues with login.

2. Both. On top of that we have an inhouse developed tool too. If you've been told other alternatives please do share :)

1. The number does not stay constant and changes as the number of users increase so can't give you a specific number. We'd suggest you ask other community members if anyone ever faced any issues with login.

2. Both. On top of that we have an inhouse developed tool too. If you've been told other alternatives please do share :)
Thanks for your reply.
1. oh okay, I didn't know it changes.

2. How can you use a third party tool which may not integrate perfectly?
It's like buying a car from Hyundai and buying the Steering wheel and brakes from someplace else. This is what he was talking about, saying that discount brokers try to save costs in such aspects.

Why not just use the one from NEST since they are your software providers? Is the cost saving worth it?:annoyed:

Thanks for your reply.
1. oh okay, I didn't know it changes.

2. How can you use a third party tool which may not integrate perfectly?
It's like buying a car from Hyundai and buying the Steering wheel and brakes from someplace else. This is what he was talking about, saying that discount brokers try to save costs in such aspects.

Why not just use the one from NEST since they are your software providers? Is the cost saving worth it?:annoyed:
Like we said, "both". We do use the risk management tool from NEST too.

lvgandhi

Today at 13:26:52, Nifty Future was 8109 with 350 volume and 13:26:53 it jumped to 8123.5 with 213500 volumes. How these things happen?

amsin21

Today at 13:26:52, Nifty Future was 8109 with 350 volume and 13:26:53 it jumped to 8123.5 with 213500 volumes. How these things happen?
Not only TSO NEST shows that jump, Angel Diet also shows the same. But NSE TAME, shows something serious.....which one to? :confused: