Trade Smart Online

TradeSmartOnline,

Can you please explain what connection you use for connectivity to exchange servers?
Looks like this is another issue which needs more attention. I hope you use a back up internet too?

I had a scary experience with another discount broker yesterday. And the matter compounded when they didn't pick up my call quickly.

Kindly explain what happens if your internet line fails?

amsin21

TradeSmartOnline,

Can you please explain what connection you use for connectivity to exchange servers?
Looks like this is another issue which needs more attention. I hope you use a back up internet too?

I had a scary experience with another discount broker yesterday. And the matter compounded when they didn't pick up my call quickly.

The same situation happened with TSO today. Order status was "Validation pending" for 2 minutes, causing a nice dinner miss :mad::mad::mad::mad:

TSO, you have to revisit your internet policies / bandwidth / system upgrades etc to avoid disasters. It's MONEY game.

TradeSmartOnline,

Hello market oracle,
We've co-located our servers at datacenter with all redundancies (server, internet, leased line etc).

All said, we'd also like to mention that no one guarantees 100% uptime. Not even google. What we consider important is the frequency of downtime and the time it takes the system to come up again.

Also, we offer lower pricing by achieving efficiencies and not by getting rid of backup mechanisms.

The same situation happened with TSO today. Order status was "Validation pending" for 2 minutes, causing a nice dinner miss :mad::mad::mad::mad:

TSO, you have to revisit your internet policies / bandwidth / system upgrades etc to avoid disasters. It's MONEY game.

Thanks for sharing the same.

This does not seem like an internet issue as the order had already reached the server through the internet. We had noticed it and had immediately alerted our backend team to have it fixed. We'll also discuss with them the cause for the same along with measures to make sure it does not repeat.

TSO,

There seems to be an inconsistency in the way the lot size is defined in the MCX page of your daily margin report and within NEST. Taking the example of ALUMINI and COPPERM,

1. For ALUMINI the lot size is defined as 1 and COPPERM is is defined as 250. The contract specifications page at MCX for Alumini and Copper Mini say that the Price for Both is quoted for 1 kg of the product, and Trading Unit is 1000Kg for ALUMINI and 250KG for COPPERM. As such it looks that the value provided by you is right for COPPERM BUT wrong for ALUMINI (it should be 1000 instead of 1)

2. I have checked the calculations on your Margin Excel sheet present online for 12 Sep2 2014. Market Rate forALUMINI is provided as 125.15 and SPAN margin @ 5%. Then the value for TotLongMgnPerLot column can only be 6258 (as provided in the sheet) if the lot size is 1000 instead of 1 (as currently given)

Would appreciate some clarification on this

Last edited:
TSO,

There seems to be an inconsistency in the way the lot size is defined in the MCX page of your daily margin report and within NEST. Taking the example of ALUMINI and COPPERM,

1. For ALUMINI the lot size is defined as 1 and COPPERM is is defined as 250. The contract specifications page at MCX for Alumini and Copper Mini say that the Price for Both is quoted for 1 kg of the product, and Trading Unit is 1000Kg for ALUMINI and 250KG for COPPERM. As such it looks that the value provided by you is right for COPPERM BUT wrong for ALUMINI (it should be 1000 instead of 1)

2. I have checked the calculations on your Margin Excel sheet present online for 12 Sep2 2014. Market Rate forALUMINI is provided as 125.15 and SPAN margin @ 5%. Then the value for TotLongMgnPerLot column can only be 6258 (as provided in the sheet) if the lot size is 1000 instead of 1 (as currently given)

Would appreciate some clarification on this
Hello thehalfbloodprince
What you see in the MktLot column is the Trading Unit in the contract specs.

We agree it is a little confusing. Let us check if there's something that can be changed in the system that generates this file.

TSO - If the Market Lot Column corresponds to trading unit then also the values for ALUMINI is off the mark as the trading unit is 1 Metric Ton (1000 kgs) - but your sheet/NEST screen shows the value as 1 (price is quotes per kg). I guess you are just taking the numerical value of the trading Unit and not consedering that the unit itself has been scaled up.

Hope you look into this. Thanks.

Hello thehalfbloodprince
What you see in the MktLot column is the Trading Unit in the contract specs.

We agree it is a little confusing. Let us check if there's something that can be changed in the system that generates this file.