Trade Smart Online

Blackhole

Hello Blackhole
It was not clear who the question was for. We thought you wanted to take feedback from others about our services.

There seems to be some confusion. Overnight margins are decided by the exchange and are not really as per the broker's discretion. So shouldn't really be different for every broker.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
incorrect and unclear solution...please go thru question again and use ur margin calculator confirm with team then proceed with answer....i already did this with multiple broker calculator and terminals.....

i spoke with couple of agents of urs, they provided misleading info hence posted here

hope i was able to put in correct manner.

Subhadip

About Rs 48,000 needed to keep position of 1 Lot Nifty Fut.

To sell 1 lot of 7900 call ,margin of rs 42,000 needed.

If hedged, the margin benefit is there...brokers span margin calculator will show that.

ST
Almost same as Zerodha. Then why we should change to TSO. Any reason from changing Zerodha to trade smart online.

incorrect and unclear solution...please go thru question again and use ur margin calculator confirm with team then proceed with answer....i already did this with multiple broker calculator and terminals.....

i spoke with couple of agents of urs, they provided misleading info hence posted here

hope i was able to put in correct manner.
Hello Blackhole
There seems to be some confusion. The Margin required as per our span calculator for the position mentioned by you is coming out to be 81465 - 10665 = Rs 70,800 (margin required - premium you get on option writing).

Also, it would be the best to use the span calculator for such positions involving options or hedging. Margin calculation for such positions might not be as straight forward for an individual to calculate.

One simple question: all overnight holding:
How much margin money required for one lot NF buy?
How much margin required to sell one lot 7900 CE.

Also if hedged is there any margin benefit
Nifty future 1 lot around Rs 48000 as mentioned below.

Write Nifty call 7900 1 lot: Rs 43467 - 7842 = Rs 35625.

Moreover, as mentioned earlier, overnight margins are decided by the exchange. Charging less than the prescribed margin would lead to hefty penalties. It should not really vary from one broker to another.

Blackhole

Hello Blackhole
There seems to be some confusion. The Margin required as per our span calculator for the position mentioned by you is coming out to be 81465 - 10665 = Rs 70,800 (margin required - premium you get on option writing).

Also, it would be the best to use the span calculator for such positions involving options or hedging. Margin calculation for such positions might not be as straight forward for an individual to calculate.

good, i was expecting this kind of answer...beneficial to all.... today tso margin calc is working, yesterday it was not and even ur chat support were providing ambiguous info.

thanks

Last edited: