Trading Challenge II : 300% in 5 months

SwagatN

No trading so far due to power failure at my place.. Need to fix this issue as soon as possible. Lets see if I get any opportunity in last 1 hour of trading session..

VJAY

No trading so far due to power failure at my place.. Need to fix this issue as soon as possible. Lets see if I get any opportunity in last 1 hour of trading session..
Today expiry day ...so its good to avoid trades towards end ....

SwagatN

31 Aug 2018

Due to lack of sleep last night I was very tired in morning, and could not focus well, So I did not trade. Not much happened today except TATAMOTOR had given good upmove.

MSN1979

Charts and writting style are quite similar to Lonewolf
Say hi to him, if you see him. he was very nice to.me in my earlier days of trading. I don't see him now days. Tried calling him contacting him no answer.

augubhai

A tiring and slow day. Tracking only 6 symbols, not opportunity yet..
View attachment 28053
I suggest that you track more scrips, maybe use a screener. Maybe there was opportunity in scrips that you did not look at. Track many scrips, and pick only the best setups from among them.

If your system has a positive expectancy (else do not trade the system), then your profit = expectancy * opportunity. Try to increase opportunities.

SwagatN

I suggest that you track more scrips, maybe use a screener. Maybe there was opportunity in scrips that you did not look at. Track many scrips, and pick only the best setups from among them.

If your system has a positive expectancy (else do not trade the system), then your profit = expectancy * opportunity. Try to increase opportunities.
Yes, I never was comfortable tracking a single or just 2/3 stocks. I easily get bored and loose focus when nothing happens. And its not only about my boredom. I always feel like as a trader there is no point in sitting idle saying my stock is not giving any signal, when there is some other scrip is moving and moving well. So this time when I started the 2nd challenge I tried to code (some part) my analysis in to an AFL scanner. The objective was to get 3/4 scrip every hour and for that hour track only them.. But I could not code them successfully as my approach is a very discretionary. I have mentioned about this in details few posts back..

The only option for me now is to track multiple scrip manually, I tried that last week, keeping some 20/25 stocks, but manually analysing everything during live market is too tiresome, and it took a lot of my time as well. It was like when in a race my hands and leg should be on steering wheel and gas pedal I am checking if my engine is running okay, If my fuel is filled, if my tyres are right etc. LOL..

Still trying to find a solution to this..For now I have to settle with scrips not too many so that that will kill my time in live market and not too less that I will get bored..

VJAY

Dear swagat,
Am not disturbing you but you have to like this boredom...I also think like you posted earlier I understood successfull trading is too bore one...I fortunately came to contact/intract with some good traders those all only enter their setup in very few scrips as far intraday...mostly one/two scrips ...yes some are take multi but they have auto scanners & alerts for that ....take it as my personal view only if you not getting it ....