Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apurv7164

Is sugar space on the verge of breakout??? Kindly see attached chart of Renuka sugar where breakout has happened and many more forming basing pattern....

Thoughts please?

Bests,
Apurv

Can we say breakout in entire sugar space is confirmed? or they seem to b showing deceptive sign of breakout? I am holding significant chunk of money parked for trading in sugar space and sitting on 7-8% profit... shall I get out or keep holding position with the trailing stop?

Note - my initial thoughts of initiating position in sugar space was to have 5-10% swing but now i m being lil greedy... kindly advise...

Bests,
Apurv

Last edited:

Apurv7164

Raunak and Apurv ... would want some inputs on all 4 scrips other than Gitanjali from your end :)
SMbhai,

As I mentioned earlier in one of my post, I am very bad with exit strategy and hence I cannot set target for this list of stocks... however, my opinion...

DLF - breakout is confirmed and I wud surely initiate position in it for swing... my all the methods giving me sign of buying preferably at 350...
ABAN - still my methods not giving me comfort level to initiate long...
Rel Cap - I wud buy one part right away and other part on first retracement... gut feeling saying it can easily reach to 1200 or so...
Bharti Ship - I wud wait lil more coz none of my methods giving me confirmation... however, signs of signal as per my methods are on the cards... thanks for bringing this in my notice...
Aptech - same as Bharti shipyard...

Bests,
Apurv

VJAY

SwingKing

Currently I am doing research on momentum discrepancy and found promising results lately. However, I need some help in extending my research to different timeframe than just daily and due to work load in my primary profession i m not able to back test and explore n number of charts for present movement and past patterns....

Kindly let PM me if anybody is interested in helping me out.... we wud have frequent discussion on the patterns to know each others thoughts...

If we have more than one person, I dont mind calling to india to one person and he can take other one in conference whenever we need to talk....

Pre-requisites -

1> thorough understanding of at least one momentum based indicator
2> understanding of math of the indicator
3> traded with that indicator minimum for 50 trades (winning or loosing don't make diff)

I surely do not want to sound rude or arrogant but i have set this preconditions coz i need certain level of deep knowledge and understanding. I am sorry guys for being lil conservative and restrictive here...

Raunakji and SM bhai - if we happen to form a group of couple of people and start researching further on it, can I count u as our mentor, leader and critic? ur experience wud be very helpful...

Bests,
Apurv

Am always available Apurv.

Tc

SwingKing

Can we say breakout in entire sugar space is confirmed? or they seem to b showing deceptive sign of breakout? I am holding significant chunk of money parked for trading in sugar space and sitting on 7-8% profit... shall I get out or keep holding position with the trailing stop?

Note - my initial thoughts of initiating position in sugar space was to have 5-10% swing but now i m being lil greedy... kindly advise...

Bests,
Apurv
Book partial profits if you are not comfortable. But otherwise keep riding the trend.

Tc

Satyen

Currently I am doing research on momentum discrepancy and found promising results lately. However, I need some help in extending my research to different timeframe than just daily and due to work load in my primary profession i m not able to back test and explore n number of charts for present movement and past patterns....

Kindly let PM me if anybody is interested in helping me out.... we wud have frequent discussion on the patterns to know each others thoughts...

If we have more than one person, I dont mind calling to india to one person and he can take other one in conference whenever we need to talk....

Pre-requisites -

1> thorough understanding of at least one momentum based indicator
2> understanding of math of the indicator
3> traded with that indicator minimum for 50 trades (winning or loosing don't make diff)

I surely do not want to sound rude or arrogant but i have set this preconditions coz i need certain level of deep knowledge and understanding. I am sorry guys for being lil conservative and restrictive here...

Raunakji and SM bhai - if we happen to form a group of couple of people and start researching further on it, can I count u as our mentor, leader and critic? ur experience wud be very helpful...

Bests,
Apurv
Hi Apurv I am interested to be part of your research team

I know stochastic and posted a concept on raunaks other thread and know some thing on ADX and if needed i can study it more detail with calculation ,

but a suggestion instead of having a closed group we can have open discussion in open forums , in this way we will get ideas/thinkings of others
some time one statement of some people may change whole perspective , so to get some ideas we can start in forum may be in a new thread or in some existing thread ,

But decision is yours ................