• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apurv7164

Hi Apurv I am interested to be part of your research team

I know stochastic and posted a concept on raunaks other thread and know some thing on ADX and if needed i can study it more detail with calculation ,

but a suggestion instead of having a closed group we can have open discussion in open forums , in this way we will get ideas/thinkings of others
some time one statement of some people may change whole perspective , so to get some ideas we can start in forum may be in a new thread or in some existing thread ,

But decision is yours ................
Satya, it is very good thought and said "one statement can change whole perspective...". I am completely fine doing it in open forum, however, i wud surely wish to do it in close group at the least till we get sure that it is working fine.... both are fine for me... so you guys decide..

Raunak/SM your thoughts on above point???

I will prepare initial write up of what is in my mind and send u this weekend. It wud be really great if u can brush up math of stoch coz we will need to do comparison between different indicators... i will represent RSI.. we also need somebody to represent RoC/Momentum and any other.. if we do not find, I am going to learn those....

also be prepared with the concept of divergence coz I am gonna challenge this concept and we may/may not have very long discussion on it... this is required because momentum discrepancy is primarily based on non reliability of divergence.. In my opinion success of divergence or momentum discrepancy is mutually exclusive and hence both cannot be successful... I know i m going to challenge concept which is used by most of us very effectively... but i m like that... lolzzzzz

Bests,
Apurv

SwingKing

Satya, it is very good thought and said "one statement can change whole perspective...". I am completely fine doing it in open forum, however, i wud surely wish to do it in close group at the least till we get sure that it is working fine.... both are fine for me... so you guys decide..

Raunak/SM your thoughts on above point???

I will prepare initial write up of what is in my mind and send u this weekend. It wud be really great if u can brush up math of stoch coz we will need to do comparison between different indicators... i will represent RSI.. we also need somebody to represent RoC/Momentum and any other.. if we do not find, I am going to learn those....

also be prepared with the concept of divergence coz I am gonna challenge this concept and we may/may not have very long discussion on it... this is required because momentum discrepancy is primarily based on non reliability of divergence.. In my opinion success of divergence or momentum discrepancy is mutually exclusive and hence both cannot be successful... I know i m going to challenge concept which is used by most of us very effectively... but i m like that... lolzzzzz

Bests,
Apurv
I'll encourage you guys to discuss things off the forum first. Once you have set rules which work well, then bring it on the forum for other users. Too many views are not good in initial stages of research. Once the research is successful, then put it here for further improvements.

One more thing Apurv, Divergence is among the most over rated technique in Technical trading. I wish markets were so simple. Sadly, most of the traders are not willing to hear this.

Tc

I have found most or all indicators useless in intraday trading because there is rarely more than one good move in a day.Also all indicators compare present with the past,a fixed number of periods ago.It is better to compare swings, rather than periods and since all swings are of varying length, indicators of default settings, are useless most of the time.

I visually compare one swing with another previous swing.This means you should know the meaning behind the calculation of the indicator.This is also zero lag.

Apurv7164

This is a picture I took while I was in Canada. This is how Fundamental Investor and Technical Investor think about markets. Different direction, yet same intent.

Tc
You are too good sirji... I seriously like ur qualities of relating trading perspective with other events of life... undoubtedly ur last pictorial example made me quite impressed but this one made me completely flat.... u got Arjun (mahabharat) eyes and view point for market... I wud have seriously wondered if u had not been successful in trading.... bus mujhe bhi aap ke jesa bana dijiye... after all gujju hu, kab tak naukari karata rahunga???!!!

Apurv7164

I'll encourage you guys to discuss things off the forum first. Once you have set rules which work well, then bring it on the forum for other users. Too many views are not good in initial stages of research. Once the research is successful, then put it here for further improvements.

One more thing Apurv, Divergence is among the most over rated technique in Technical trading. I wish markets were so simple. Sadly, most of the traders are not willing to hear this.

Tc
Actually main problem is we have only divergences visible on historical charts.. we do not have failure divergences visible because of mathamatical constraints of indicator and hence people always think that divergences working... but if u look at the actual formula and then think with the calm mind u will realize that there are more number of failed divergences which are not visible now on past data...

I am not sure about other indicators but as far as RSI is concerned I always keep in mind that movement of indicator is the fastest between 33 and 66 while the getting slower out side this area so divergences are very prone to occur. And as far as ADX/DMI is concerned I do not give much importance to divergences on stand alone basis coz DMI fluctuations are highly dependent on the volatility and hence when looking at the divergence on DMIs I very first try to look at the volatility and then try to reach to conclusion....

Apurv7164

lil more on this - generally divergence give me note of momentum or thrust... if momentum is decreasing, it does not always mean price will go down or it is sign of reversal...

to me it like, earlier I was going at the speed of 90 kmph and now i m going at 60 kmph.. but i m still going ahead and cutting my journey... it is also possible u r taking some rest for ur self as well for ur car.. once u feel fresh, u may speed up with the vengeance.. same way, once momentum is decreased for a while then it may go up again with the vengeance...

SwingKing

You are too good sirji... I seriously like ur qualities of relating trading perspective with other events of life... undoubtedly ur last pictorial example made me quite impressed but this one made me completely flat.... u got Arjun (mahabharat) eyes and view point for market... I wud have seriously wondered if u had not been successful in trading.... bus mujhe bhi aap ke jesa bana dijiye... after all gujju hu, kab tak naukari karata rahunga???!!!
Dear,

You are on the right track and will eventually get there on your own. You or for that matter anyone does not need anyone for success. Just keep working hard.

What a Man is today, is a reflection of his "Will Power". Keep your Will power intact and see where you reach.

Tc

saivenkat

Dear Raunak,
If you find time please clarify my doubts and queries, which i have posted in post number 1464 of this thread, in page 147, about stock HINDCOMPOS.

As usual those doubts are reckless and baseless, but thats the height of ignorance in my fundamental analysis. Only experts need to de-mystify it.:thumb:

Regards
Saivenkat:):)