Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

sorry missed your message, so holding ashok leyland, will take a call tomorrow and exit it.

Thanks
Prem Kumar
same to me also.....holding RELMEDIA & Ashokley...:(
Prem and VJAY,

Be alert. You know I post trades close to closing. You know my style of trading too. You guys have got to be more alert.

Well, lets hope you guys get a better exit price tomorrow.

Tc

SwingKing

Raunak bro,

Please shed some thoughts on position sizing like when, how much one should add to existing position to maximize the profit. I'm least successful in this and need to improve.

For instance, I've taken ASHOKLEY fut at 73.65 this morning. Now i shifted my SL at my entry price. But I'm unable to spot where to add positions to make most from it.

Pls help when you find time. Thanks

- Ram
Ram,

I can tell you what I do.

I have explained position sizing for investments in one of my posts. Just refer to the index page. I have used a 10% threshold for adding positions in investment related trades. For swing trades, adding positions depends on target %. Let's say I think I would get a 5% rise. In this case I would add positions two times (once when the stock is up a 1% from entry and next when it is up 2% from entry). This works for me.

You need to know what works for you. Position sizing depends a lot on kind of system one uses. Hence, this cannot be same for everyone.

Tc

SwingKing

Raunak Bhai

I have been observing since the past 2-3 months that the technicals, which work fine otherwise, are not working properly near the expiry. Like one make a system, back test it; find it good and reasonably working. The system continues to work good, but near the expiry period like yesterday and today, the same technicals and system are showing confusion and many times wrong conclusions. and when the expiry period is over i.e. from the first Monday after the expiry, the system again starts working good. It has been happening with me since the last three months. Is there any specific reason or am I hallucinating.

Thanks bhai
Crown,

There are 'n' number of theories regarding something happening to market around expiry. With all due respect, I can show 'n' number of instances when those theories don't work. Regarding your particular observation, I would say that those systems which are related to volatility could be affected near expiry. Markets do tend to be volatile near expiry. Otherwise, on the top of my head, I can't think of anything else.

Tc

SwingKing

Bajajauto now 1476..:(...:clap: holds bajaj auto
This is precisely why you need to let your profits run.

Now, I don't know what will happen to Bajaj Auto or GSPL tomorrow. But as of now, I do know that these are the stocks which were moving in our favor. Hence we need not fiddle with them too much.

On the flip side, since Ashok leyland was not moving in our favor, we immediately got out with a very small loss. Now, we dont have to worry about a stock which was not moving in our favor.

Hope you get my point VJAY.

Tc

MurAtt

Raunak

Can u do a small analysis and post here re what went wrong where wrt Sterlite.
Just want to get some insight ... coz as per me there was nothing wrong till y'day closing to show that the stock would just gap down by a huge 6%+ on opening itself !!!

Whenever u r free.

MurAtt

Yes, I already knew that from the morning papers.

BUT

It is generally a technical fault for which stocks fall and not news based i.e. the charts reflect everything in advance.

It was not there OR I was unable to catch it.

So asked Raunak-bhai :D

http ://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/stocks/stocks-in-news/Sterlite-shares-fall-on-plant-closure-order-report/articleshow/6649376.cms