Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Out of the list posted on Muharrat trading only Deccan Chronicle was executed. Rest trades were ignored. Some new set of stocks were traded. Here are the names of those. These trades will be updated on our Investment sheet tomorrow.

Reliance Industries
Deccan Chronicle
Apar Inds
Liberty Shoes
Tata Elxsi
Century Textiles
Gujarat Mineral
Nitin Fire Protection

Performance Summary

Current Trades

Previous Buys

Live tracking can be done from this google spreadsheet.

Spreadsheet Link

*Results not according to Position sizing
*Performance period is of Buy list since September 6th 2010

*In some trades where Current price is different from today's price, the stock has been exited at the price mentioned.

SwingKing

Raunak,

ICICI Direct have introduced SIP in equity. I am palanning to go for monthly
SIP in the following stocks (from their recomentation) for 12 months.

SBIN
ITC
RELIANCE
IOC
LT
MARUTI
GAIL

Due to think....
Is a good idea in investment point of view.?
Is it possible to get overall average return of 15 to 20%
Is the stock selection OK..?

Thanks,
Nava,

SIP or any other scheme depends on the kind of investor one is.

If you cannot devote full time into the markets or do not have the necessary skills, then investing through a MF/SIP is not a bad idea. Mutual funds in my opinion are going to do extremely well for retail investors over long run. However, if you are adept with handling your own money, then invest on your own on the above mentioned stocks. Returns should be good over the long term.

I think if you invest wisely then I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to make a return of 30% +

Tc

DanPickUp

From this Diwali to Next

Dear Traders,

There is one thing I want to convey to all of you out there. Be focussed and be determined to follow the correct methodology towards trading and investing. One year from now, assuming all the things around us remain positive, you should be able to make your portfolio appreciate by more than 30-40%. In order to do so, keep your focus on relatively few stocks and approach them with proper risk management. For starters, focus only on stocks in the Futures segment and invest in them. Do not attempt to trade them with futures instrument. If markets have to move up, stocks from this segment are going to appreciate a great deal. Hence, if you maintain your focus towards few stocks, there is more likelihood of you catching some stock which appreciates a lot more than index. Furthermore, pay attention to the stocks in this segment which are already in the upmove. Whenever the markets correct, you should be in a position to take advantage of the given situation. In all be positive and keep strict stop losses. Always remember, your equity cannot become zero if you have an appropriate exit level. As long as your approach is correct, your equity will always rise. This is my first Diwali with you and I hope by next Diwali you will do what is needed by an Investor. The success in markets depend on three factors; Discipline, Determination and Dedication. Motivate yourself to incorporate these factors in your investment mindset. I will always be around to guide you and point you towards the right kind of stocks within this segment. Your doubts are always welcome and will be duly answered as always.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors and wish you a very Happy and prosperous Diwali. Until next Diwali, take care and trade safe.

Tc
Hi my friend

As you have more information about me as most people here have it, I have one question :

Investing just only 1 mil USD ( which would be no problem as you know me ), in each one of your recommended shares.

How much impact would this have on any on this shares ?

DanPickUp

SwingKing

Hi my friend

As you have more information about me as most people here have it, I have one question :

Investing just only 1 mil USD ( which would be no problem as you know me ), in each one of your recommended shares.

DanPickUp
Dan,

If you are asking about the impact of 1 mil USD on prices of the shares, then I think it should not be much. Most of the shares here are extremely liquid and are 'A' category shares. If you are putting Market orders on entire amount, then short term impact may be there. But, if you are into limit orders, impact should be barely anything.

Tc

stock72

Hi my friend

DanPickUp
U meant to say 1 million USD in each recommended stocks? say it is 10 stocks means almost 4.5 x 10 = 45 crores rupees?. An investment of 45 crores are being directed in our forums is some what great that we can applaud our self.

DanPickUp

U meant to say 1 million USD in each recommended stocks? say it is 10 stocks means almost 4.5 x 10 = 45 crores rupees?. An investment of 45 crores are being directed in our forums is some what great that we can applaud our self.
Hi stock

It is not, that I have this money by my self. ( Would be nice ). Our house runs share funds and in this share funds are big amounts of money. So, was just a question as any other question.

Take care

DanPickUp

SwingKing

Here any way or technical
analysis. to calculate next day price of a selected share?
Are you asking about predicting/calculating next day's price.

Well, if thats the question, then I fear the answer is None.

Nobody has a magic wand which can dish out numbers for tomorrow.

Hence, in absence of a Magic wand and in presence of Empirical evidence, I can tell you for sure that there is absolutely nothing which can do that.

Tc

Are you asking about predicting/calculating next day's price.

Well, if thats the question, then I fear the answer is None.

Nobody has a magic wand which can dish out numbers for tomorrow.

Hence, in absence of a Magic wand and in presence of Empirical evidence, I can tell you for sure that there is absolutely nothing which can do that.

Tc
thanx RONAK
I KNOW HERE NO MEGIC FOR THIS. I M NEW. I READ ON THIS FORM ABOUT POVIT POINT, I M NOT SURE WHOM THRED.