• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Rectangular Trading Pattern for Intra-Day Purpose

RECTANGULAR PATTERN ON INTRADAY BASIS

This is the "heart" of my day trading. And I hope it will benefit all. :)

Tools Candlestick/Bar Chart (5 Minutes), MACD Oscillator with standard settings, Support and Resistance levels on 5 Minute chart

Trade Setup The basics of this setup is very easy to understand. All you need to do is monitor selective stocks (high beta high volume) or the Index. The pattern to look out is usually a horizontal range in which the particular entity trades and then gives a breakout in either direction. This pattern is extremely effective and has occurred nearly 70 times in the past 11 months on Nifty. On an average one can find at least 3-5 trading days in a month where this pattern forms. The average points to capture on one particular move are about 20-60. These figures on based on Nifty analysis. However, with 50 high beta futures stock, this pattern is bound to occur in many stocks on daily basis. Top 48 beta stocks exhibit this pattern atleast 1-2 times. So on different days you might get different stocks exhibiting this pattern.

Buy Setup A typical buy setup occurs when the entity breaks out on the upside after trading in a horizontal range for most of the day. Buy at the closing of the breakout candle and keep a stop loss at the low of the previous candle. MACD slope in this setup should largely be up. The risk reward ratio of this setup is extremely rewarding. Prior to the breakout ideally Nifty should have traded in the range of 25-35 points.

Sell Setup A typical sell setup occurs when the entity breaks out on the downside after trading in a horizontal range for most of the day. Short at the closing of the breakout candle and keep a stop loss at the high of the previous candle. MACD slope in this setup should largely be down. The risk reward ratio of this setup is extremely rewarding. Prior to the breakout ideally Nifty should have traded in the range of 25-35 points.

Important Notes Look at the slope of MACD when you enter the trade. Also, always take a note of where prices are trading with respect to their support and resistance.

Have patience and you will see this pattern occurring regularly.

I am posting two out of many examples I have for NIFTY alone. If you want to see this for individual stocks then let me know.

Dear Sir,

Can I get this AFL?

Raunakji,
can u tell me why the underlying price of power grid is going up , whereas the premium/discount is going down. Specially on 5th november, the underlying price went up by 55 paise. But the future price went down by 55 paise. What is the reason?

SwingKing

Raunakji,
can u tell me why the underlying price of power grid is going up , whereas the premium/discount is going down. Specially on 5th november, the underlying price went up by 55 paise. But the future price went down by 55 paise. What is the reason?
Gayanand,

It really does not matter what happens with Prem/Disc on day to day basis. Pay more attention to OI analysis. Moreover, if the underlying stock's structure is positive, futures will more or less move in the stock's direction. But a small difference of 55 paise should be ignored.

Tc