Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

From this Diwali to Next

Dear Traders,

There is one thing I want to convey to all of you out there. Be focussed and be determined to follow the correct methodology towards trading and investing. One year from now, assuming all the things around us remain positive, you should be able to make your portfolio appreciate by more than 30-40%. In order to do so, keep your focus on relatively few stocks and approach them with proper risk management. For starters, focus only on stocks in the Futures segment and invest in them. Do not attempt to trade them with futures instrument. If markets have to move up, stocks from this segment are going to appreciate a great deal. Hence, if you maintain your focus towards few stocks, there is more likelihood of you catching some stock which appreciates a lot more than index. Furthermore, pay attention to the stocks in this segment which are already in the upmove. Whenever the markets correct, you should be in a position to take advantage of the given situation. In all be positive and keep strict stop losses. Always remember, your equity cannot become zero if you have an appropriate exit level. As long as your approach is correct, your equity will always rise. This is my first Diwali with you and I hope by next Diwali you will do what is needed by an Investor. The success in markets depend on three factors; Discipline, Determination and Dedication. Motivate yourself to incorporate these factors in your investment mindset. I will always be around to guide you and point you towards the right kind of stocks within this segment. Your doubts are always welcome and will be duly answered as always.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors and wish you a very Happy and prosperous Diwali. Until next Diwali, take care and trade safe.

Tc

SwingKing

Identifying Next Big Movers - Hindustan Unilever

Over the past 15 days, we have been extensively researching stocks which are beginning to show strength in Price patterns and Fundamentals. We have identified many such stocks and have begun to invest aggressively in them. One such stock which I would like to bring to notice is Hindustan Unilever.

Everyone knows how Unilever has been one stock which has not given investors any return over a period of 10 years. With the Consumption scheme now playing out, I feel the time has come for this stock to move. There are particularly two factors which we have considered while marking this stock as the next big mover; Improving Fundamentals and Robust Price structure. Let us look at these two factors individually.

Fundamentals

For long Unilever has been hampered by margins contraction, rising costs and management's defensive approach. However, these problems as of now seems to be something the management is ready to put behind. This is the third consecutive quarter where the company has reported Volume growth (double digit) of 14%. Furthermore, the management in its investor release has also indicated of this trend to continue and build consistently. There are also a series of product launches in Cream segment, Cheap dishwash brand segment and the Blue segment which are due to add to the margins in due quarters. Currently the company is facing high expenditures which is partly due to the aggressive brand building campaign. Such initiatives cannot be priced in currently and hence we feel the company should start doing exceptionally well. EBITDA and EPS is likely to improve heading ahead and the company is positioned well to trade at least 20% higher from these levels. India as a country is growing exceptionally and if our Economy is truly heading towards the target of 5-6 Trillion dollars over the period of 15 years, then this is one stock and sector which is going to grow leaps and bound.

Technicals

There is nothing much to write in Technicals segment as the chart of Unilever pretty much shows what has happened over the decade. However, the fall in prices has arrested as of now and it seems to form a wonderful base around 200 - 230. The stock is also trading at 9 years high and is looking poised for much higher levels. The volumes in recent times have picked up and it seems this stock is finally ready to move.

SL

There is no stock which can be bought and forgotten. Hence, there are a series of stops we are using for this stock. At the breach of every level, we would be liquidating some part of our positions. The levels are 290, 280 and 270.

Target

The first target for this stock is 360. Lets see how it performs.

Tc

*Do your own research and then invest

What brings Caste and Creed here? :annoyed:Where is the necessity for this?:mad: This thread and this forum is open for all.

Only thing is we must exercise discipline and time to learn from it.
Bro pls read again he is just introducing himself nothing else better u had welcomed a newbie in this thread It is his first post bro

MurAtt

At 180-230 .. a friend (working in a capital market segment) in the US had advised HUL as an only buy in the stock markets.

Well I guess after a year or so .. he would be calling upon me .... enquiring of how much I bot and what I made ...

:)

Well I already hold a good no in my portfolio ... so never bot more and at that time it was not an all that rosy environment for the capital markets.

Nava

Raunak,

ICICI Direct have introduced SIP in equity. I am palanning to go for monthly
SIP in the following stocks (from their recomentation) for 12 months.

SBIN
ITC
RELIANCE
IOC
LT
MARUTI
GAIL

Due to think....
Is a good idea in investment point of view.?
Is it possible to get overall average return of 15 to 20%
Is the stock selection OK..?

Thanks,

gauharjk

Raunak,

ICICI Direct have introduced SIP in equity. I am palanning to go for monthly
SIP in the following stocks (from their recomentation) for 12 months.

SBIN
ITC
RELIANCE
IOC
LT
MARUTI
GAIL

Due to think....
Is a good idea in investment point of view.?
Is it possible to get overall average return of 15 to 20%
Is the stock selection OK..?

Thanks,

Friend,

Investing for the long term is always a good idea. But I don't like the SIP concept. IMO, investing means being on your guard, but SIP puts you off guard.

In an SIP, you might buy Reliance Comm at 800 in 2008, and the same Reliance Comm at 180 in 2010.

It might or might not be a good idea. Raunakji might be able to shed some light on the wisdom of SIP.