• March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Update on DLF trade

This is where trade was taken

Current Picture

Monitoring levels of 362 and 360 to lock in some profits. Trade overall remains positive.

EOD SL moves to close below 358.

Tc
DLF is witnessing some short build up at the moment. Results are due today, so there is some risk underneath. Since our reversal point is 357, those with current positions can keep a SL of 359.9 to capture 3-4 Rs per lot.

Tc

gauharjk

Titan Industries has crossed 4100... up 300 points today... :(

SwingKing

Dear Raunak,
any suggestions on this ?
Stud,

Tata Motors has run up a lot. I actually cannot comment on what it will do from now on swing basis. At present I can tell you to exit if it close below 1300. But if you are looking for investment, this is going to give you good returns. On short term though, it has already run up quite a bit. My bet would be that it will consolidate. It does not look like it will crack down completely.

I am not an expert on Options, hence ask Savant/AW10/Dan/SM about it.

Tc

alroyraj

Only a few days ago, we were staring at 5800 Nifty. I thought after Diwali, markets would cool off. Titan had risen very rapidly from 3200 to 3800, and then stalled there. I thought it might retrace a couple of hundred points by the end of the month. :(
Your selection of futures contracts is bad to start with. Select most liquid ones so you can trade these regularly. Trying is catch the move in some of the lesser liquid contracts is quite hazardous.
This is why it is easier to to go long in futures,because we can identify a trend.
However in other to short successfully,one needs to distinguish between a downtrend and weakness.
In the case of a Titan perhaps you ignored that a strong uptrend was in place and speculated on when the weakness would occur,with no backing evidence on the charts even indicating weakness.
A major battle is finding the contracts which you can read the price action successfully. This needs live simulated trading with an appropriate time frame.
Some stocks are literally monopolies in the sense that they are leaders in the listed space like Asian paints,Titan, Jubilant Foodwords,GSK Consumer.These are valued much higher and they are also defensives ,they do not decrease so easily. So shorting these may be foolhardy .
Raunak you can add or correct if needed.

Last edited:

gauharjk

Raunak Sir, Titan is going up one way... Its up 340 points already. Tell me what to do with ti... should I book loss and square off, or wait? I can wait till December end, when my futures contract expires...

scplindia

Titan Industries has crossed 4100... up 300 points today... :(
What goes up voilently will have to come down as well. If you have MTM to cover the futures contract then you can hold for a down move, as mostly 3rd, week NOV onwards to Christmas, you will see market correction, you may see 3600 or even lower based on FII profit booking, which they normally do before christmas, mostly during dec.

SwingKing

Raunak Sir, Titan is going up one way... Its up 340 points already. Tell me what to do with ti... should I book loss and square off, or wait? I can wait till December end, when my futures contract expires...
Gauhar,

You have to exit it.

What are you waiting for? Where are your SL rules? What are your entry rules? Exit rules?

You have shorted the strongest stock in the Futures segment. So take a decision and get a framework.

Tc

gauharjk

What goes up voilently will have to come down as well. If you have MTM to cover the futures contract then you can hold for a down move, as mostly 3rd, week NOV onwards to Christmas, you will see market correction, you may see 3600 or even lower based on FII profit booking, which they normally do before christmas, mostly during dec.
The Gold price is at an all time high. Would this mean that Titan, as a seller of gold ornaments, would get lower volumes? When steel prices rose, Tata Steel went down. But there is something about Titan I cannot understand